Romanov's Q & A

Famous Hearts

Nucky Thompson

Uncle Vlad, if you think that Elliot and Wallace are our Scottish Young Talent then you have proved at long last that you really do not have a clue !!!!

They flourished under Burley, so a decent manager might do the trick.

Don't think Vlad's reply over administration was necessarily lost in translation. Could just have been a missing full stop in report of what he was saying:

"I can categorically deny that. This is not the case."

That now makes good sense..... well spotted batman... I mean soulman

If he is trying to encourage investors into the other teams,i don't think they will exactly be rolling out the welcome mat if they know that it's a mate of vlads imo.

Sums it up perfectly BB.

The transfer quote is huge if true however - I think 50% of a manager's capacity to succeed is in having power over who comes in and who leaves a club. Without that hands are still tied behind their back to an extent.

I feel vindicated for wishing ill on Hearts at times if he will genuinely back this up.

The one thing missing is the amount of the transfer budget. If it is nothing, or small, does it matter who has the power?

Sums it up perfectly BB.

The transfer quote is huge if true however - I think 50% of a manager's capacity to succeed is in having power over who comes in and who leaves a club. Without that hands are still tied behind their back to an extent.

I feel vindicated for wishing ill on Hearts at times if he will genuinely back this up.

I think they should have an input certainly but I suspect that many managers are not the ones to decide who comes to a club.:527:

fairly encouraging and many thanks to the OP for sharing this.

fingers crossed his good intentions come to fruition and we (finally) get a decent manager after 2 and a half seasons of mediocrity

john brownlee

Thanks for informing us on Mr Romanov's thoughts and vision for Hearts. Not that I had any doubt that this was the case.

What a positive week.

"Where are we going? -----to the top of the toppermost"

Up the usual suspects ha ha ha

I believe

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

Do you agree that there is too much quantity at Tynecastle and not enough quality and that this is stifling the progress of younger players development?

I am really happy with the development of Berra, Elliott and Wallace (he learned so much from Fyssas). We need more Scottish young players in the team.

Lets not be disappointed and lets not lose belief.

Truly scary. Berra has potential. Wallace needs loaned out to see if he improves as he has disappointed big time so far (he is not exactly the brightest so I doubt very much he learned anything from Fyssas). Elliot.......well dear god I'm not even going there, utter sheeeiiite. Very worrying if that is what he is being told by his people. I just pray the new manager empties ALL the rubbish wherever they come from.

Can you categorically deny the rumours that HMFC / Ukio Bankas are set for administration?

I can categorically deny that this is not the case.

he is denying that it is NOT going to happen. ;)

I can categorically deny that. This is not the case.

Looks a whole lot better with the proper punctuation

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

His words mean feck all to me.

How many times has he told us this crap in the past??

It's alarming how easily some people are fooled.

Let's just wait and see what he delivers.

Father Tiresias
I am really happy with the development of Berra, Elliott and Wallace. We need more Scottish young players in the team.

Priceless!! :dribble:

Thanks for posting that.

Everything seemed really encouraging and pretty much what all of us wanted to hear. Now we will just have to wait and see if they deliver.....which I think they will. Is it wrong for me to start believing again?:unsure:

The only thing that worries me is the bit about Elliot. I see Shaggy has been on the phone to Vlad.:dry:

Comments in maroon...

We are going through a short list at the moment but do not want to commit to any deadlines as it is important to make the correct appointment.

We are looking for a Manager with a good knowledge of British football' date=' strong tactically and who can prepare and pick the strongest team. [b']He will have full control over all team matters in terms of selection, tactics, transfer activity and discipline.[/b]

By far the most significant piece of news - and not before time either!

The debt for the development of the Main Stand will be added to the Club’s existing debt however this should not be a concern to supporters as there will be no problem with us dealing with this situation.

Trust us to deliver.

Possibly the most disconcerting bit. To be fair, it's difficult to see what else he can say - but it's so, so difficult to trust him given all that's happened. So it's up to him to regain it - all we can do in the meantime is keep a watching brief.

There is no need whatsoever to worry about the level of debt. We will be doing everything we can to cover the debt, we are comfortable with the figures, and there is no problem with the other shareholders in Ukio Bankas.

Lithuania Central Bank will ensure that we hold within our limit and we are protected with my shares and the rest of my wealth.

As above: it really doesn't answer our concerns satisfactorily, but it's clearly as much as we're ever going to get on the subject.

Can you categorically deny the rumours that HMFC / Ukio Bankas are set for administration?

I can categorically deny that this is not the case.

A quite hilarious typo. Only VR - or whoever transcribed this - could seek to put our fears to rest by actually increasing them! You have to laugh, really.

I hope that I can be successful in attracting more investors into smaller teams, as more competition for us to win the League.

This bit's really interesting. Possibly a dig at the Old Firm - but more likely, a wise assessment that, as with Aberdeen and Dundee United egging each other on in the '80s, what's really needed is for other clubs to smash through the glass ceiling and challenge as well. Because that'd mean far more interest in and credibility for the Scottish game, bigger TV deals, more spending power in the market and so on - indeed, VR may well have recognised that the only way he can ever hope to challenge while making us self-sustaining is if there's far more money in the Scottish game as a whole.

Guest GhostHunter

Anyone getting the feeling we are not going to be getting any new players UNTIL a new manager is in place ?

I can't even see any movement on players leaving either, I just wonder whether they are treating this as a Manager over all other things..

After all - a "proper" manager could quite possibly turn that team around....with the exception of certain players....

Anyone getting the feeling we are not going to be getting any new players UNTIL a new manager is in place ?

I can't even see any movement on players leaving either, I just wonder whether they are treating this as a Manager over all other things..

After all - a "proper" manager could quite possibly turn that team around....with the exception of certain players....

I honestly thought we would have started the tail end of this week bringing in players ans binning certain other ones regardless of the manager however I now confess to being concerned and am worrying.

However Vlad has said they will sign Frail's options if required.

Guest GhostHunter
I honestly thought we would have started the tail end of this week bringing in players ans binning certain other ones regardless of the manager however I now confess to being concerned and am worrying.

However Vlad has said they will sign Frail's options if required.

That's what worries me.

:ninja:

The Mighty Thor
This was e-mailed to me this afternoon and can see no reason why it cant be in the public domain. Nothing sensational mind you.

Do you agree that there is too much quantity at Tynecastle and not enough quality and that this is stifling the progress of younger players development?

Agreed but Coaching staff in the past saw the situation as three players for each position to keep them fresh but realise that this is not working. Youngsters are our future and I am really happy with the development of Berra, Elliott and Wallace (he learned so much from Fyssas). We need more Scottish young players in the team.

Lets not be disappointed and lets not lose belief.

The overall statement is pretty much what anyone would expect to hear from Romanov.

The above bit is a damning indictment of the previous coaching regime, one of whom is still in place as DOF.

I totally disagree and am slightly concerned if Romanov thinks that Elliott and Wallace have developed. I think both have regresses considerably and have effectively lost 2 years of their career at Hearts as both are much worse than they were. Berra is a borderline call. he's gone from being a real prospect to being a bog standard bottom six SPL defender.

Youngsters are our future of that there is no doubt. Currently Hearts are ruining young talent.

In that I am disappointed.

Belief? I'll leave that to the moonies and cranks.

Unless the new boss is Malofeev.

I think the mad buffoon has been discredited with the following:

Agreed but Coaching staff in the past saw the situation as three players for each position to keep them fresh but realise that this is not working.

At least VR in his responses admits that that mistakes have been made in the management of the club, if not admitting that these mistakes were down to him.

Guest GhostHunter

At least VR in his responses admits that that mistakes have been made in the management of the club, if not admitting that these mistakes were down to him.

Never a truer word was spoken.

Was this all that was asked and answered?

I thought they had a three hour meeting with VR.

From what we do have its slightly encouraging. All the usual stuff you'd expect however, and until we see some of those words turn into actions I wont be jumping for joy.

Interesting comment about new manager having transfer control and that the idea of 3 players for each position didn't work.

The comments that worry me are the vague and non committal remarks about timescale for new manager. Sure we need to get the right person and if they weren't there then of course we should wait. But there are candidates there right now and this subject must have been discussed for at least the last 3 months by VR not just on Hogmanay prior to the announcement.

All this talk of 'taking all the time it needs' and 'being patient' translates for me as "I have no intention of putting a 'British style' manager in place because I have never seen and still don't see the need."

I can see us try last minute attempts to sign one or two of Frails targets as we wont yet have a Manager in place and as a result fail in luring Frails targets.

I fear bottom 6 this season.

RR said TWO years ago to "judge us in 12 months." The judgement doesn't look good.

We need a full time British Chairman who understands this market place.

We need a permanent CEO.

We need a Manager with full control.

We are a club without three of the most important positions in place for the last two years.

Its a miracle we're still in the SPL!

maroonlegions

I am really happy with the development of Berra, Elliott:eek::confused: and Wallace (he learned so much from Fyssas).

Ellliot , feck , scary eh.:badmood:

Hopefully, although it might just be a way of avoiding more outlay in a season that is almost beyond repair anyway.

If it's true, it's more than we could have hoped for. Now we just need the correct manager. :)

I am slightly concerned that the answers don't sound particularly Romanov-like. Nothing about goats snuffling among our beetroots as they make their way along the road to hell. Maybe he got a new translator.

maroonlegions

why was there no questions asked about the mystery of TALL and what and if any of the players who are just not good enough to play for Hearts are they going to be shipped on.:confused:

Hopefully, although it might just be a way of avoiding more outlay in a season that is almost beyond repair anyway.

If it's true, it's more than we could have hoped for. Now we just need the correct manager. :)

I am slightly concerned that the answers don't sound particularly Romanov-like. Nothing about goats snuffling among our beetroots as they make their way along the road to hell. Maybe he got a new translator.

I wonder if the fans representatives enjoyed the beetroot soup? :527:

I wonder if the fans representatives enjoyed the beetroot soup? :527:

Has anyone ever enjoyed beetroot soup?

My only encounter with borscht was immediately prior to making my way through the snow to the 1996 League Cup Final. It shut down my digestive system completely for three days.

First things first, thank you Famous Hearts. I found a couple of bits interesting, and will isolate them. Questions underlined, answers in bold.

What is the up to date position regarding the appointment of a new Manager and can you give assurances that he will have full autonomy on team matters?

We are going through a short list at the moment but do not want to commit to any deadlines as it is important to make the correct appointment.

We are looking for a Manager with a good knowledge of British football, strong tactically and who can prepare and pick the strongest team. He will have full control over all team matters in terms of selection, tactics, transfer activity and discipline.

That, as far as I am concerned is Romanov confirming what we wanted to hear, he now needs to deliver.

If a Manager is not appointed within the current transfer window' date=' will you trust and follow up on Steven Frail?s recommendations regarding transfer targets?[/u']

Yes

This bit says to me that irrespective of manager appointments that players SHOULD be coming in.

As TBR states, it is what we wanted to hear, actions must now be taken for us to take him seriously. What I will say is that is the first time I have seen him say that the new guy would have transfer control, never mind that Frail could sign players now.

Cheers for posting that OP....... going to think about posting my thoughts. Sounds promising but so has a lot of things...

Action now please.

What did you think of your thoughts?;)

I am really happy with the development of Berra, Elliott:eek::confused: and Wallace (he learned so much from Fyssas).

Ellliot , feck , scary eh.:badmood:

Id say this was pretty accurate.

I think Elliot learnt everything he knows about the strikers role from Fyssas

why was there no questions asked about the mystery of TALL and what and if any of the players who are just not good enough to play for Hearts are they going to be shipped on.:confused:

There might well have been for all we know - we just might have not liked the answers.

Its interesting to see that there are NO negative answers. Might explain why we've been told/shown two minutes worth of questions from a two hour meeting.

Another interesting point, from the many posts from supporters clubs members, one of the questions was to be regarding the seemingly forgotten Andy Webster case. I can only assume that the answer to that question was censored.

Archived