Romanov's Q & A

Famous Hearts

Famous Hearts

This was e-mailed to me this afternoon and can see no reason why it cant be in the public domain. Nothing sensational mind you.

What is the up to date position regarding the appointment of a new Manager and can you give assurances that he will have full autonomy on team matters?

We are going through a short list at the moment but do not want to commit to any deadlines as it is important to make the correct appointment.

We are looking for a Manager with a good knowledge of British football, strong tactically and who can prepare and pick the strongest team. He will have full control over all team matters in terms of selection, tactics, transfer activity and discipline.

If a Manager is not appointed within the current transfer window, will you trust and follow up on Steven Frail?s recommendations regarding transfer targets?

Yes

Do you agree that there is too much quantity at Tynecastle and not enough quality and that this is stifling the progress of younger players development?

Agreed but Coaching staff in the past saw the situation as three players for each position to keep them fresh but realise that this is not working. Youngsters are our future and I am really happy with the development of Berra, Elliott and Wallace (he learned so much from Fyssas). We need more Scottish young players in the team.

Lets not be disappointed and lets not lose belief.

What do you regard as success for the rest of this season?

We must be up nearer the top end of the table as soon as possible but there is no prediction as to where we will finish. We also have two Cup competitions to try to win.

What is the up to date position regarding the development of the new stand?

Formal planning application will be submitted to the City of Edinburgh Council on Wednesday of this week. The new two tier 10,000 seat structure will incorporate administration offices, commercial office space, residential apartments and state of the art conference and banqueting facilities. There will also be leisure facilities, hotels, bars, restaurants, a gymnasium and a new club store built on the site.

How will the development of the Main Stand be financed? Will any debt be added to Heart of Midlothian Football Club?s balance sheet or will the project be financed by UBIG? If the latter, will ownership of the Stadium or just the new buildings transfer to UBIG?

The debt for the development of the Main Stand will be added to the Club?s existing debt however this should not be a concern to supporters as there will be no problem with us dealing with this situation.

Trust us to deliver.

At Annual General Meetings we have been told that we should not be concerned about the Club?s debt as it is to other group companies. Our understanding is that the majority shareholding in HMFC is held by UBIG, an unquoted company. According to the Offer Document for the takeover of HMFC, your shareholding is 70.05% of UBIG.

However, the debt, as of last year?s accounts, is split between UBIG and Ukio Bankas. The latter is quoted and although you are the largest shareholder, you own less than half of the shares.

Can we be sure that the other shareholders in Ukio Bankas are happy with its exposure to HMFC?

There is no need whatsoever to worry about the level of debt. We will be doing everything we can to cover the debt, we are comfortable with the figures, and there is no problem with the other shareholders in Ukio Bankas.

Lithuania Central Bank will ensure that we hold within our limit and we are protected with my shares and the rest of my wealth.

Can you categorically deny the rumours that HMFC / Ukio Bankas are set for administration?

I can categorically deny that this is not the case.

While development of the new stand is taking place, where do you see the Club playing?

Remaining at Tynecastle with three stands is an option as is Murrayfield for a short period of time.

Tynecastle would be like a building site and there would be health and safety issues but Easter Road would not be an option.

Senior Club officials are investigating possibilities at the moment.

Where do you see the Club in 5 years time?

I hope that I can be successful in attracting more investors into smaller teams, as more competition for us to win the League.

We have noticed that neither yourself nor Roman have been attending matches at Tynecastle.

Is there any particular reason for this?

This has been due to my other business commitments.

At the beginning I had to be there more often to see how the Club operates however I have Senior Management staff at Tynecastle looking after the various operations now.

At the moment I need to concentrate on the appointment of a new Manager as this is more important than me being there.

I can still ?believe? even if I am not there so often.

I take the point about Roman. At some stage someone will be in his position but I do not see that person yet.

Cheers for that, FH! :thumb:

Not too keen on this bit, though....

"I can categorically deny that this is not the case."

in terms of selection, tactics, transfer activity and discipline.

Very encouraging!

Can you categorically deny the rumours that HMFC / Ukio Bankas are set for administration?

Yikes!!

I hope that I can be successful in attracting more investors into smaller teams, as more competition for us to win the League.

Pardon?

This was e-mailed to me this afternoon and can see no reason why it cant be in the public domain. Nothing sensational mind you.

What is the up to date position regarding the appointment of a new Manager and can you give assurances that he will have full autonomy on team matters?

We are going through a short list at the moment but do not want to commit to any deadlines as it is important to make the correct appointment.

We are looking for a Manager with a good knowledge of British football, strong tactically and who can prepare and pick the strongest team. He will have full control over all team matters in terms of selection, tactics, transfer activity and discipline.

If a Manager is not appointed within the current transfer window, will you trust and follow up on Steven Frail’s recommendations regarding transfer targets?

Yes

Do you agree that there is too much quantity at Tynecastle and not enough quality and that this is stifling the progress of younger players development?

Agreed but Coaching staff in the past saw the situation as three players for each position to keep them fresh but realise that this is not working. Youngsters are our future and I am really happy with the development of Berra, Elliott and Wallace (he learned so much from Fyssas). We need more Scottish young players in the team.

Lets not be disappointed and lets not lose belief.

What do you regard as success for the rest of this season?

We must be up nearer the top end of the table as soon as possible but there is no prediction as to where we will finish. We also have two Cup competitions to try to win.

What is the up to date position regarding the development of the new stand?

Formal planning application will be submitted to the City of Edinburgh Council on Wednesday of this week. The new two tier 10,000 seat structure will incorporate administration offices, commercial office space, residential apartments and state of the art conference and banqueting facilities. There will also be leisure facilities, hotels, bars, restaurants, a gymnasium and a new club store built on the site.

How will the development of the Main Stand be financed? Will any debt be added to Heart of Midlothian Football Club’s balance sheet or will the project be financed by UBIG? If the latter, will ownership of the Stadium or just the new buildings transfer to UBIG?

The debt for the development of the Main Stand will be added to the Club’s existing debt however this should not be a concern to supporters as there will be no problem with us dealing with this situation.

Trust us to deliver.

At Annual General Meetings we have been told that we should not be concerned about the Club’s debt as it is to other group companies. Our understanding is that the majority shareholding in HMFC is held by UBIG, an unquoted company. According to the Offer Document for the takeover of HMFC, your shareholding is 70.05% of UBIG.

However, the debt, as of last year’s accounts, is split between UBIG and Ukio Bankas. The latter is quoted and although you are the largest shareholder, you own less than half of the shares.

Can we be sure that the other shareholders in Ukio Bankas are happy with its exposure to HMFC?

There is no need whatsoever to worry about the level of debt. We will be doing everything we can to cover the debt, we are comfortable with the figures, and there is no problem with the other shareholders in Ukio Bankas.

Lithuania Central Bank will ensure that we hold within our limit and we are protected with my shares and the rest of my wealth.

While development of the new stand is taking place, where do you see the Club playing?

Remaining at Tynecastle with three stands is an option as is Murrayfield for a short period of time.

Tynecastle would be like a building site and there would be health and safety issues but Easter Road would not be an option.

Senior Club officials are investigating possibilities at the moment.

We have noticed that neither yourself nor Roman have been attending matches at Tynecastle.

Is there any particular reason for this?

This has been due to my other business commitments.

At the beginning I had to be there more often to see how the Club operates however I have Senior Management staff at Tynecastle looking after the various operations now.

At the moment I need to concentrate on the appointment of a new Manager as this is more important than me being there.

I can still ‘believe’ even if I am not there so often.

I take the point about Roman. At some stage someone will be in his position but I do not see that person yet.

Bolded;

1) Poor translation (I hope ;))

2) ??

3) So Roman has been bumped!

Everybody loves Baz
Trust them

Aye no bother :rolleyes:

SHOCKING NEWS JUST IN!!!

Prancer makes a negative post

Seems like he's replied to the questions pretty well. Whether I, to use a word he seems keen on, "believe" the replies is another matter.

I'll continue to get splinters on my erchie sitting on the fence for another while yet.

Dunno what the fuss is about the administration question.

They ask him to categorically deny it - their words - he does.

Could this be the info "Bam" says will be on the club site tomorrow......

Can see why he'd not wish to share it......

boabyarsebiscuit
Let me be the 1st to say "source".

By the way. Your signature picture. Guy was **** and got what he deserved.

"SORTED!"

As was sprayed on all the Leah Betts posters in Basildon after Rettendon.

Dunno what the fuss is about the administration question.

They ask him to categorically deny it - their words - he does.

Think you should read the answer again thoroughly. :)

loveofthegame
By the way. Your signature picture. Guy was **** and got what he deserved.

"SORTED!"

As was sprayed on all the Leah Betts posters in Basildon after Rettendon.

Excuse my ignorance, who is that in flogel's sig picture?

Thanks for posting this, FH. It's all fair enough and pretty much what one would expect him to say, so lets just hope that the necessary actions follow-up the fine words this time!

I didn't understand his reply highlighted above, however... Does anyone have any ideas what he means by this?

Think you should read the answer again thoroughly. :)

Probably. I'm totally baffled by it.

EDIT: Ah I see it now. I'm assuming it's a typo.

Thanks for posting this, FH. It's all fair enough and pretty much what one would expect him to say, so lets just hope that the necessary actions follow-up the fine words this time!

I didn't understand his reply highlighted above, however... Does anyone have any ideas what he means by this?

I think he wants some of his mates to invest in the smaller teams in the SPL to provide more competition. I imagine he means hibs, gretna and st mirren etc.

Could this be the info "Bam" says will be on the club site tomorrow......

Can see why he'd not wish to share it......

That is the basics mate.......... Just didn't think it was my place to post it here........... :)

I think he wants some of his mates to invest in the smaller teams in the SPL to provide more competition. I imagine he means hibs, gretna and st mirren etc.

Ah, IT IS A JOKE!

He means we will only get a fair shout if he buys Septic and Rankgers

Probably. I'm totally baffled by it.

he is denying that it is NOT going to happen. ;)

Toxteth O'Grady

I think he means that he would like to see some of the smaller SPL teams getting a bit stronger so that there is a chance that the OF will be beaten more regularly. It would gicve us a better chance of winning the league.

...I didn't understand his reply highlighted above, however... Does anyone have any ideas what he means by this?

The way i'm reading it is that the more teams challenging the ugly sisters, the easier it'll be to stop their stranglehold on Scottish football.

And with us being (potentially) the biggest of the rest, we should reap the benefits.

The more money being pumped into the league, the better the league should become (obviously not in our case). The better the league becomes, the more interest in Scottish football. The more interest, the more potential for even more revenue.

I still don't understand what he's on about then. I don't think a lack of "competition" is what is currently holding us back...

:cool_shades:

The way i'm reading it is that the more teams challenging the ugly sisters, the easier it'll be to stop their stranglehold on Scottish football.

And with us being (potentially) the biggest of the rest, we should reap the benefits.

The more money being pumped into the league, the better the league should become (obviously not in our case). The better the league becomes, the more interest in Scottish football. The more interest, the more potential for even more revenue.

It's a Joke - a pop at the refs - "I'd (my mates) have to buy up the "smaller" teams (Rangers and Celtic)

Quite funny when you run it through Enigma

We are looking for a Manager with a good knowledge of British football, strong tactically and who can prepare and pick the strongest team. He will have full control over all team matters in terms of selection, tactics, transfer activity and discipline. All are important, necessary things which have to happen - it is a disgrace that it has taken this long to get here on this, but if it happens I will be delighted - though I reserve the right to moan about the manager :o

The debt for the development of the Main Stand will be added to the Club?s existing debt however this should not be a concern to supporters as there will be no problem with us dealing with this situation.

Trust us to deliver. Given the way that the club has been managed since VR came in this is a lot to ask of the support. It will be a long time before any extra revenue could be targeted at the playing staff if Hearts are taking part of the burden of the development cost.

Lithuania Central Bank will ensure that we hold within our limit and we are protected with my shares and the rest of my wealth. Unsatisfactory. Ukio Bankas are a listed bank - their minority investors have rights. If for example, Hearts have to pay ?20m for their share of the development - the stand - Hearts debt will be pushing at least ?50-60m in the absence of big transfer income.

This has been due to my other business commitments. I do not believe this. The club has been losing games - it has not been a nice place to be.

I can still ?believe? even if I am not there so often. Perhaps more so than the people who are there more often

I take the point about Roman. At some stage someone will be in his position but I do not see that person yet.It is vital that this nonsense of an absentee chief executive ends.

Thoughts on the big issues in bold itallics.

Thoughts on the big issues in bold itallics.

Why?

You have given your thoughts by highlighting them - and - they have pretty much all been done to death.

No offence

EDIT: Thought I saw a "?" that wasn't there...so sorry

However, still done to death

Why?

You have given your thoughts by highlighting them - and - they have pretty much all been done to death.

No offence

Pardon?

Do you not want to discuss anything?

No offence.

I still don't understand what he's on about then. I don't think a lack of "competition" is what is currently holding us back...

:cool_shades:

Not sure if it is a Vlad style cryptic joke or not....

Lack of competition isn't our problem, but it's a lack of competition that sees Rantic running away with the league more often than not. Our record against the old firm has hugely improved (it's the smaller SPL teams that have become a problem for us) but we could do with the other SPL teams taking points of Rantic more often.

Too sharp - see above

;)

There's a fair amount of new stuff in those Q&A. Feel free not to discuss if you don't want to!:smile:

Aagh! double negative!

This sounds far too sensible to be Romanov.

Encouraging stuff. Now let's watch them get to work.

Buffalo Bill

;)

There's a fair amount of new stuff in those Q&A. Feel free not to discuss if you don't want to!:smile:

It's just that the UBIG argument has been dissected so often that it is now mince and the other stuff, well;

1) We need a proper manager, he should have done this ages ago.........repeat until sleepy

2) Unless things change he'll never fill the stadium.......repeat as above

3) He says he wasn't there because of business commitments, but really he was avoiding the abuse - D'oh! (Obviously, wouldn't you?)

Not disagreeing, just monumentally bored.

It's just that the UBIG argument has been dissected so often that it is now mince and the other stuff, well;

1) We need a proper manager, he should have done this ages ago.........repeat until sleepy

2) Unless things change he'll never fill the stadium.......repeat as above

3) He says he wasn't there because of business commitments, but really he was avoiding the abuse - D'oh! (Obviously, wouldn't you?)

Not disagreeing, just monumentally bored.

Out of all of it the one thing which jumps out at me is that it says that the new manager will have control of transfer activity ... this makes a big difference and is very encouraging. Unless the new boss is Malofeev.

portobellojambo1

I may be wrong but I have taken this to mean the following -

I hope that other investors will put money into the less well off clubs, and create a situation where there are more teams competing to win the league.

Possible loss of one or two words between Russian and English.

Out of all of it the one thing which jumps out at me is that it says that the new manager will have control of transfer activity ... this makes a big difference and is very encouraging. Unless the new boss is Malofeev.

Good point, that is worth discussing

portobellojambo1

I have just been discussing the exact same thing by PM Coco. My words were "the most revealing part for me was he appears to be offering the "new" manager a free hand in the transfer market" (by free hand I don't mean he will get a blank cheque book to go mad with, but will make the decisions as to who comes, and hopefully who goes)

Thanks to the OP for putting that on here!!

As i see we will just have to wait and see if Vlad follows through with what he says he will do!

If true, one thing that was not mentioned on the statement on the official site 1/1/08 was about transfer policy, it says there that the new manager will have full control over transfer policy, does that mean the end to the pyramid system????

Lets hope so!!

It makes good reading, but it is only words at this stage, i wont be getting excited about what i have readm, but i am slightly encouraged!!

On the note of the CEO, i am surprised that he does not see Campbell Ogilvie as a potential CEO. It has been very unprofessional the way we have run with an "Acting CEO" for the last 2 years, especially when that CEO is never at the Club! This should be sorted ASAP! After getting a manager in of course!

Dougie Masterton
That is the basics mate.......... Just didn't think it was my place to post it here........... :)

Has there been anything left out of the post, or has it been censored?

Cheers for posting that OP....... going to think about posting my thoughts. Sounds promising but so has a lot of things...

Action now please.

Don't think Vlad's reply over administration was necessarily lost in translation. Could just have been a missing full stop in report of what he was saying:

"I can categorically deny that. This is not the case."

awadooningorgie2
This sounds far too sensible to be Romanov.

Encouraging stuff. Now let's watch them get to work.

Buffalo Bill

Sums it up perfectly BB.

The transfer quote is huge if true however - I think 50% of a manager's capacity to succeed is in having power over who comes in and who leaves a club. Without that hands are still tied behind their back to an extent.

I feel vindicated for wishing ill on Hearts at times if he will genuinely back this up.

"Agreed but Coaching staff in the past saw the situation as three players for each position to keep them fresh but realise that this is not working. Youngsters are our future and I am really happy with the development of Berra, Elliott and Wallace (he learned so much from Fyssas). We need more Scottish young players in the team.

Lets not be disappointed and lets not lose belief."

Uncle Vlad, if you think that Elliot and Wallace are our Scottish Young Talent then you have proved at long last that you really do not have a clue !!!!

Archived