jose!!!!!

peebles jambo

peebles jambo

someone needs to tell him to look at the colour of his shirt before he takes a throw in, then look for a player with the same colour shirt to throw the ball to

the guy can't even do that, he's gash

jambos are go!
someone needs to tell him to look at the colour of his shirt before he takes a throw in, then look for a player with the same colour shirt to throw the ball to

So if you were the owner of HMFC what would you do. Insist he was dropped or sack the coach/manager who who would not?

Thought he was good today for a change. Made a difference with Wallace in LM who helped him out in defence.

As for his throw-ins, they were getting caught in the wind all the time. Really should have opted for the short throw more often.

Ah well, let's just enjoy the win. :)

Snake Plissken
Didn't we win today?

It wouldn't be a Saturday unless peebs had his weekly go at a player. :rolleyes:

magalufhearts

He is probably the worst left back i have EVER seen at Tynie!! Saying that he actually didnt put a foot wrong today but i shat myself everytime the ball went near him!

How was his positional play today? Thats the one thing, more than any other, that scares me about Jose.

Its a fundamental, but he's rank rotten at it!

How was his positional play today? Thats the one thing, more than any other, that scares me about Jose.

Its a fundamental, but he's rank rotten at it!

His positional play was fine yesterday. He used his speed a couple of times to cover up a couple of minor errors but overall did fine. Only once, in the first half, did he and Wallace let a player in, but Wallace made a saving tackle.

Our team looked far more solid yesterday. I was delighted to see only 1 winger playing. Rather than being left 2 on 1, Goncalves was at most 1 on 1 and he looked like a reasonable player again.

As for his throw-in's they were fine too. For the long throws into the penalty box the question should be why our strikers are always standing still rather than trying to attack the ball like on a corner.

peebles jambo

disagree wi coco about his positional play, it was woeful as usual, althougth it did help us a few times yesterday, as in, we were lucky he was out of poisition as he helped clear up a few defensive situations with being in the wrong position

Thunderstruck
Hes w a n k. His throw ins are horrific. Throws the ball as far as he can with a 0.23 % success ratio

Aye, and 80% of stats are made up on the spot!

loveofthegame
Aye, and 80% of stats are made up on the spot!

haha aye mate if i'd taken the time to work it out properly it might have been slightly closer to the 3% mark

jambos are go!
disagree wi coco about his positional play, it was woeful as usual, althougth it did help us a few times yesterday, as in, we were lucky he was out of poisition as he helped clear up a few defensive situations with being in the wrong position

Again I ask what would you do if you owned HMFC. Would you leave well alone, insist he was dropped or sack the coach?

maroonlegions

so what do the coaches do with him in trainning, get him to chase a furry rabbit around a track:527: , surly they can see he is not a football player.:soccer::mw_confused:

Correct - better judges than us rate him as well. From what I heard a continental club were prepared to bid the full ?2M asking price for him, but his wages were the stumbling block.

is he not part of a defence that has kept four clean sheets in 5 games, get off his back he is the best left back we have

loveofthegame

He's awful, dont care who is interested in him. I can see that and so can most others 'on the terracing' week in week out

Jose only lacks two things IMO

-lack of leadership around him

-positional sense , which comes from the coaching and playing regularly. He's only really broken into the team this season.

I reckon if Celtic or Rangers bought him he'd instantly be one of their best players.

He's awful, dont care who is interested in him. I can see that and so can most others 'on the terracing' week in week out

Robbie's long throws are the same.

Huge length, zero accuracy.

Watch MOTD next week.

In Ingerlund, they take their throws short to a team-mate, who passes back immediately for a cross, basically turning a throw-in into a free kick.

There is simply no point in lobbing the ball as far as you can and hoping that a team-mate is on the end of it.

loveofthegame

-positional sense , which comes from the coaching and playing regularly. He's only really broken into the team this season.

I reckon if Celtic or Rangers bought him he'd instantly be one of their best players.

I'd add to that:

-lack of a first touch

-poor passing ability

-poor in the air

-lack of skill

Not really leaving him with much other than pace, athletisim and a long throw is it.

There is only 1 person on this planet who can convince me Jose is a player and that is Jose Goncalves. Unless his performances drastically improve i, along with many other Jambos, will continue to believe he's an overrated liability.

You have surely got to be joking....he's the worst left back we have had in a good number of years. As far back as the early eighties at least, possibly even further back than that. He has pace, a long throw (yet he can't find his own players with) and strength. That's it, he lacks everything else that makes a footballer. We must replace him at the end of the season or we and him will get found out. He is the weakest link closely followed by Robbie. Two new full backs are essential next season if we want to challenge for a Euro place next year. Don't get me wrong, 2 new full backs won't do it, we need several players and need to bin several as well, but the full backs are our weakest point in the team and must be addressed.

You have surely got to be joking....he's the worst left back we have had in a good number of years. As far back as the early eighties at least, possibly even further back than that. He has pace, a long throw (yet he can't find his own players with) and strength. That's it, he lacks everything else that makes a footballer. We must replace him at the end of the season or we and him will get found out. He is the weakest link closely followed by Robbie. Two new full backs are essential next season if we want to challenge for a Euro place next year. Don't get me wrong, 2 new full backs won't do it, we need several players and need to bin several as well, but the full backs are our weakest point in the team and must be addressed.

I think that Maybury, Austin McCann, Kisnorbo and Colin Miller were all weaker players than Jose at left back.

I think that Maybury, Austin McCann, Kisnorbo and Colin Miller were all weaker players than Jose at left back.

I have to disagree, I'm not saying they were good players, but they were better than Jose. I did not get as scared/nervous when they were on the ball than I do whenever Jose goes anywhere near it. They weren't great but were better than him. I also think that it's unfair to name Maybury and Kisnorbo, as they are not left backs, but were stop gaps used there, saying that would still have either before Jose.

Archived