UBIG's other projects....

Martin_T

If the new stand comes to fruition, great. However I'm sure it is not just me who is just a wee touch concerned, that none of UBIG's other footballing developments seem to have broken ground yet?

Gary Ralston in today's Record (not the most credible source I'll grant you), mentions that neither of the developments in either Lithuania or Belarus have ever made it past the planning stage. Is this another case of all spin and no substance?

If the new stand comes to fruition, great. However I'm sure it is not just me who is just a wee touch concerned, that none of UBIG's other footballing developments seem to have broken ground yet?

Gary Ralston in today's Record (not the most credible source I'll grant you), mentions that neither of the developments in either Lithuania or Belarus have ever made it past the planning stage. Is this another case of all spin and no substance?

MT

Valid point.

However I am sure pressure from the fans will not allow this to happen as you can tell by the response on here tyhe last day or 2 how much it means. He won't have that type of pressure on the other projects.

If the old stand is still here beginnign of 2009-10 season then we burn it down ourselves. :thumb:

Before now it was "I'll believe it when the planning application goes in..." from most. Now it is "I'll believe it when it gets built..."

Fact is, nobody knows if it will get built but you have to be fairly confident when you look at the huge amount of money and effort spent getting it just to the planning stage.

Personally, I think it will make the mob down Easter Road sick when it is opened.

loveofthegame

It is concerning, and is one of the many reasons i will not be happy, jump on the Romanov wagon and will remain sceptical until the new stand's construction is under way.

I like Black Isle Jambo, he speaks a lot of sense.

:loved:

I usually get "he speaks a lot of sh......" (Sean Connery stylee)

No concern about this whatsoever.

All 3 projects will complete, i have heard that there has been problems with planning, some projects like this can take years before a brick is laid.

I think it is right to remain sceptical about the development.

Funding for property developments is drying up - worldwide - at the moment.

Rudolf's Mate

Lets say for arguements sake it gets built. Vlad has got to sort the issues out surrounding the team or they will not have the support to fill the stadium!

Lets say for arguements sake it gets built. Vlad has got to sort the issues out surrounding the team or they will not have the support to fill the stadium!

Bullet

skotskosparta
I do share your concerns to an extent, but all the projects seem to have gone too far to be pulled now (IMO, obviously). However, to set your mind at ease, here's the Siemens Arena, a basketball stadium completed by UBIG in 2004:

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/lithuania/vilnius_siemens.shtml

Was it completed by UBIG, I can't see nay reference to them. Only some other bank!! :eek::eek:

http://www.siemens-arena.com/?site=49

Sub4TiddlerMurray
I like Black Isle Jambo, he speaks a lot of sense.

I sit next to him. agree your first comment, the other bit :eek:

I hear planning app will take approx 3-4 months to review. Council have no real issues but await details of any concerns from local residents and tram report.

From what I hear too much time and money has gone into this to be shabby - seemingly it's a 1st class application.

If it is in any way like the Siemens Arena we are in for a treat. I was a guest in one of their corporate boxes and the whole thing was fantastic. Well laid out and made for a great atmos in their local derby and league decider.

Was it completed by UBIG, I can't see nay reference to them. Only some other bank!! :eek::eek:

http://www.siemens-arena.com/?site=49

Yes:

The latest multi-functional real estate projects

of UBIG are:

? Siemens Arena, Vilnius, Lithuania (sports,

entertainment and business complex, total area

20,000 sq. m, opened in 2004).

? Tynecastle Stadium, Edinburgh, UK (reconstruction

and enlargement of the existing stadium and

related areas, approx. investments ? 40 mln.,

planning stage).

? Minsk Leisure Center, Minsk, Belarus (multi-

functional complex with a stadium, approx.

investments $ 200 mln., concept under

development)

from http://www.vilnius.lt/doc/MIPIM06_www.pdf

Libertonian_II

If there is no intention to take this project further, why has there been so much time and effort put into it? If UBIG weren't that bothered, why get involved in the first place?

Before now it was "I'll believe it when the planning application goes in..." from most. Now it is "I'll believe it when it gets built..."

Fact is, nobody knows if it will get built but you have to be fairly confident when you look at the huge amount of money and effort spent getting it just to the planning stage.

Personally, I think it will make the mob down Easter Road sick when it is opened.

Don't recall anyone saying that. I do recall plenty of people expressing concern at the length of time it was taking to submit the planning application.

It is quite right for people to say they'll believe in the new stand when they see it. I don't know what the total amount spent on the planning stage so far is, but I'm willing to bet that it's nothing like the amount of money that Romanov has quite happily poured down the drain in the last two years by assembling the largest squad in football history, keeping highly-paid individuals out of the team, incurring ridiculous fines from the SFA, firing and settling out of court with Anderton and Rix etc. It's quite conceivable that he'll simply write off the planning costs if there's an economic downturn and funds aren't available to continue with the project.

That's if the planning application is accepted, of course.

Archived