Craig Thomson - Referee?

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

First time I've seen a ref be totally impartial at a hearts game in a long time.

Does anyone else agree?

I've been rather critical of Ref's in the past, but credit where credits due?

Whats everyone else think?

Nucky Thompson

He's the new big hope for the SFA, the only one that seems to be decent after Dougal, Clark and dare I say it, McCurry:rolleyes:

In the Well end today and to say Their fans do not rate him is an understatement.:)They were all raging that he didn't stop play earlier when we scored.

chester copperpot
In the Well end today and to say Their fans do not rate him is an understatement.:)They were all raging that he didn't stop play earlier when we scored.

Surely a good thing no.

I thought he had a decent game until the last few minutes. Bookings of Miko, Jonsson and Elliot all unjustified I think.

All 3 justified from where i was sitting.Miko and Jonsson for kicking the ball away.Elliot for being late on the keeper.

Thought the Gretna match was handled fairly evenly TBH

Quite a weird sensation leaving the ground not having one's blood boiling !!

He's the new big hope for the SFA, the only one that seems to be decent after Dougal, Clark and dare I say it, McCurry:rolleyes:

Dougal & Clark, I agree but McCurry, no chance - you obviously never saw our recent League Cup Semi v Rankers. I thought the ref had a good game today. Today proves that with a fair minded official in charge, we are capable of beating anyone in the SPL. It's only when it is 11 v 12/13/14, that we struggle as would any team.

All 3 justified from where i was sitting.Miko and Jonsson for kicking the ball away.Elliot for being late on the keeper.

I thought Elliot had every right to tackle the keeper - who was going in feet first too. Just a normal tackle so no booking.

Jonsson got booked for the Motherwell player doing the Hartley pretend to take the free kick thing as Jonsson retreated. And Miko got booked for knocking the ball back towards the touchline - does the ref think that Miko can actually cross the ball accurately? He hasn't done it for us for 3 years!

About bloody time we have some decisions go in our favour for the majority of the match.

But to say some of the decisons he gave us were questionable is an understatement.

chester copperpot
Thought the Gretna match was handled fairly evenly TBH

Quite a weird sensation leaving the ground not having one's blood boiling !!

Thats coz we won for a change no?

A great feeling leaving the away ground for once with no police hassle and a victory for the glorious.

chester copperpot
About bloody time we have some decisions go in our favour for the majority of the match.

But to say some of the decisons he gave us were questionable is an understatement.

Ach at least we got an even game for once.

Thats saying something eh?

You were watching a different game from me.

To say they were soft would be a huge understatement.

Elliots was an absolute joke, The GK even had a word with the ref before he brandished the card.

Although other than that he was average (Which is as good as we've had this season).

:)

I thought Elliot had every right to tackle the keeper - who was going in feet first too. Just a normal tackle so no booking.

Jonsson got booked for the Motherwell player doing the Hartley pretend to take the free kick thing as Jonsson retreated. And Miko got booked for knocking the ball back towards the touchline

Spot on.

Ach at least we got an even game for once.

Thats saying something eh?

I definatley ain't complaining mate.

It wasn't a great game. The conditions, Velicka on the verge of leaving, countless players injured, our situation. But by the end of the game I was delighted with each and every Hearts player that played their part.

We are not going very far this season but was proud of the team today.

Is thsi the thread about the ref? I think I may have strayed.....

You were watching a different game from me.

To say they were soft would be a huge understatement.

Elliots was an absolute joke, The GK even had a word with the ref before he brandished the card.

Although other than that he was average (Which is as good as we've had this season).

:)

Different view.Other end of park.Was also watching paper swirling about for most of the game as well.:)

tthe radio sounded pretty critical of him, sounded like he pulled play back on a number of times when motherwell had an advantage, the incident with the goal is another example

the referee i think helped us today; i rant on and on when referees go against us, i'll admit when his decisions helped us

chester copperpot
I definatley ain't complaining mate.

It wasn't a great game. The conditions, Velicka on the verge of leaving, countless players injured, our situation. But by the end of the game I was delighted with each and every Hearts player that played their part.

We are not going very far this season but was proud of the team today.

Is thsi the thread about the ref? I think I may have strayed.....

The thread is about the ref.

Well done the lads, well chuffed with that performance today.

The thread is about the ref.

Well done the lads, well chuffed with that performance today.

I was just joking. I knew it was but since I was going on about the performance....

It was a poor attempt of humour. I will get my coat and move on.:P

chester copperpot
I was just joking. I knew it was but since I was going on about the performance....

It was a poor attempt of humour. I will get my coat and move on.:P

I know mate, just my bad attempt at being unfunny :confused:

First time I've seen a ref be totally impartial at a hearts game in a long time.

Does anyone else agree?

Needless to say, the BBC guys were hating him....

its certainly a change to get a wee break from the refs. he had a word with clarkson and decided not to stop play even though it was a head injury. i'd probably be raging if i was a well fan.

seen the incident on setanta. it did look a really sore one.

peebles jambo

one or two iffy decisions bit on the whole, not too bad a game today, :eek:although i think he lost his watch at the end :scared:

Dougal & Clark, I agree but McCurry, no chance - you obviously never saw our recent League Cup Semi v Rankers. I thought the ref had a good game today. Today proves that with a fair minded official in charge, we are capable of beating anyone in the SPL. It's only when it is 11 v 12/13/14, that we struggle as would any team.

Would scratch Clark off that list too, another ref who usuallly takes the soft option of pandering to all things green and blue

I honestly believe that the anger/ frustration anger that has been posted on JKB has made a difference.

Until they can bring us down again re Vlads outbursts then I think we MIGHT have a fair crack at the whip!

But believe me if we ever threaten the OF monopoly again it will be worse than ever.

And that is why I want Vladimer Romanov to succeed.

FTH

Back to reality on Wednesday i'm afraid. McCurry won't just be happy with just helping them get to the League Cup Final, then not give them the league points when they really need them.

Back to reality on Wednesday i'm afraid. McCurry won't just be happy with just helping them get to the League Cup Final, then not give them the league points when they really need them.

McCurry will no doubt travel through with their team. The guy is a cheat and a disgrace. :mad:

its certainly a change to get a wee break from the refs. he had a word with clarkson and decided not to stop play even though it was a head injury. i'd probably be raging if i was a well fan.

seen the incident on setanta. it did look a really sore one.

Wasn't at the game and haven't had a chance to see Setanta yet but Thomson was the 4th official who replaced Dougal at the cup replay. He saw first hand that night how often Clarkson (and Quinn and McCormack) spent the the whole game diving and feigning injury.

Maybe we're finally getting through to the refs that it's all players who cheat (ok seek a professional advantage) not just Hearts ones.

For all their faults though, there is one area I have full sympathy for referees and I wish the players union would start educating players to change their ways. It cannot be acceptable to feign injury, especially head ones, to get a game stopped. If refs think they are getting continually conned they won't stop games. (take the attitude towards diving just now - not just Hearts but you see more and more instances of players getting booked for diving, when they haven't and they should have had a penalty). Ultimately this could lead to a player ending up seriously injured or worse. It appears that Clarkson was slighty concussed yesterday

They say you reap what you sow. Mr Clarkson, I'm not so sure it's worth it

Exactly. I thought Motherwell had every right to feel agrieved with some of those decisions.

Still, makes a nice change.

Does anyone else agree?

AGREE 100 PERCENT

Yesterday was the first time I can remember thinking the Ref handled a game fairly, although speaking to a Motherwell fan today, he thought the Ref had a shocker!

(I put him straight on what shocking Referee's are really all about - because we have had first hand experience of the worst!)

Archived