Ex-Good Guy Richard Gordon at it again

Guess The Crowd

Guess The Crowd

Maybe I'm paranoid, but two further snippets today from RG

1. Before the game, they were discussing Hearts limited options in the event of Velicka's departure. 'Beniuses' laughed Richard sarcastically (about a bloke who has started one match). Poor, poor stuff from the main presenter of a national broadcaster.

2. After the game, Richard stated that Hearts' victory had not been 'pleasing on the eye'. On an afternoon when good football was clearly virtually impossible, would he have made the same comment had, say, Hibs eked out a highly creditable 3 points at Motherwell? I think not.

After the game, Richard stated that Hearts' victory had not been 'pleasing on the eye'. QUOTE]

Were only Hearts not pleasing to the eye? Takes 2 to make a poor game!

2. After the game, Richard stated that Hearts' victory had not been 'pleasing on the eye'. On an afternoon when good football was clearly virtually impossible, would he have made the same comment had, say, Hibs eked out a highly creditable 3 points at Motherwell? I think not.

Nah, the chat would have went something like:

"Despite Hibs' best attempts at playing their traditional expansive, passing game, the gale-force winds and heavy pitch made it virtually impossible. All credit to them for having the intelligence and bravery to adapt to the conditions, amidst grumblings of discontent from the away support. They instead switched to a high-tempo, direct game, utilising the superb ball retention skills of front man Colin Nish with accurate distance passing reminiscent of Man Utd in the late '90s. A truly fantastic result for Hibernian."

Is that about right?

Richard Gordon is like so many media types, who think that they've been given some sort insight into truth, the universe and the meaning of life, and everything!!!

Once they've made up their minds, it's like trying to stop a juggernaut getting them to see when they've lost control of their ability to make a balanced judgement!!!

who think that they've been given some sort insight into truth, the universe and the meaning of life, and everything!!!

... are you talking about religious people? :P

... are you talking about religious people? :P

A bit slow!!!

Took you 11 minutes!!!

I'll expect a better turnaround next time - or it's Russia for you!!!

Jamie_the_Jambo

i used to like him alot but i think he has been gradually ground down by his colleagues. he now behaves and thinks like them. and that is a real shame because he was a breath of fresh air when he held balanced opinions.

i used to like him alot but i think he has been gradually ground down by his colleagues. he now behaves and thinks like them. and that is a real shame because he was a breath of fresh air when he held balanced opinions.

I'd actually agree with that.

Would give him the reek off of my sheeite now though.

I wasn't really satisfied with his 'apology' on here a few weeks back

Got off lightly IMO with far too many people willing to forget the severity his earlier comments and simply saying "fair play to the man for replying" :blah:

Even Chick managed to report the game purely on the 90 minutes he'd seen, without reference to dives or looney club owners :confused:

when was the last time we played attractive football?

We've played more attractive football this season than we had done in the previous 18 months.

You can ram this romanticised horsesheite that is 'attractive football'.

Give me effective football that wins football matches any day of the week.

70's Throwback
Nah, the chat would have went something like:

"Despite Hibs' best attempts at playing their traditional expansive, passing game, the gale-force winds and heavy pitch made it virtually impossible. All credit to them for having the intelligence and bravery to adapt to the conditions, amidst grumblings of discontent from the away support. They instead switched to a high-tempo, direct game, utilising the superb ball retention skills of front man Colin Nish with accurate distance passing reminiscent of Man Utd in the late '90s. A truly fantastic result for Hibernian."

Is that about right?

Are you suggesting he has an affinity with Hibs??

A bit slow!!!

Took you 11 minutes!!!

I'll expect a better turnaround next time - or it's Russia for you!!!

think that they've been given some sort insight into truth, the universe and the meaning of life, and everything!!!

Once they've made up their minds, it's like trying to stop a juggernaut getting them to see when they've lost control of their ability to make a balanced judgement!!!..

Still ...... you have to agree ..... it does sound like religious people.

Cod head t osser. Hope hes still hurting after their humilating defeat in Munich. :)

Like most Aberdeen people (Calderwood) he just can't stand Hearts. Munich was great...**** the sheep.

Archived