When are we allowed to give Frail some credit

Examiner

All I seem to read on here is how poor Frail is and how we "need a manager"

We clearly have one. Given full control I think his results have been as good as any of us have a right to expect (with the exception of his first game at DU)

Well done Stevie.

We clearly have one. Given full control I think his results have been as good as any of us have a right to expect (with the exception of his first game at DU)

Well done Stevie.

Do you actually believe frail is in full control?

I do.

What evidence exists to suggest that he's not?

Well done Frail.

Well done Wallace and Elliott as well. Sounds like Banksy had a brilliant game.

No matter what now happens at this club we have an element in our midst who only criticise and will never ever give praise even when its thoroughly deserved which is sad really.

It sounded like banksy was brillant today and is earning his bucks for us at the moment akin to what gordon did for us most weeks

Elliot sounded troublesome today and it sounds like when he gets to play the game he wants too he could offer something, albeit not goals

Susie-Jambo-66

Well done Stevie.

Well said I think Stevie has done a good job over the last 2 months. Keep it up Mr Frail and lets hope we can beat The Gers on Wed night:)

Well said I think Stevie has done a good job over the last 2 months. Keep it up Mr Frail and lets hope we can beat The Gers on Wed night:)

Aye. If we can do that then the top 6 is looking pretty likely and then who knows?

Hopefully we can go from strength to strength from this one.

Oh and well done Frail! Keep it up.

Thunderstruck

Stevie Frail and whoever else is in the management team deserve considerable praise.

Don't, however, see too many of the depressives on JKB joining in the praise.

Are you going to post something to suggest SF is not in full control of team selection or you just going to troll about the board ?

In no way is SF the answer IMO however things have improved and we are a better side with him in charge.

If he is not then... well done Vlad!! Much better recently,almost back to the days when your management skills got us a cup win and 2nd in the league.;);)

Bye all means praise Stevie Frail.

However, not manager material for me. Far too inexperencied for me amongst a number of other issues.

The problem with Frail and his run, does it not remind you of when Vladas took over and AK/SF took over. Things improved because it was really that bad before and with Vlad taking a step away, the only way was up!

Didn't we get similar response when Valdas, then SF and AK took over. With calls for them to be made manager for steadying the ship. That never really worked out.

IMO we need someone new a fresh start for the players and fans. Otherwise it will be a bit of history repeating.

If Frail gets the manager job as far as I'm concerned Vlad is lying ......... and pulled another one over a section of the support.

So by all means praise Frail, however, give me a proper manager!

Don't think he has the relevant UEFA qualifications mate. Sure Vlad can fastrack him though!

Well done to SF but the man is clearly not the answer.

We need a new broom to sweep all of the sheeite from the last 18 months away and start afresh.

We have certainly improved since he took control. We may not always be good to watch, but at least we seem to have a bit more team spirit and fight. We also seem to be cleaning up on daft bookings (apart from Miko's today I believe).

Still need a proper recognized manager, but would be happy to see Shaggy stay on as an assistant/coach if the new man is happy to have him.

So well done Shaggy.

until he bins robbie , jose and elliot he'll be regarded as not good enough to manage us for me

And what exactly qualifies you to decide who's suitable? Apart that is from the usual boring clich?d stuff about Robbie, etc..

Drylaw Hearts

I like Frail.

He deserves more credit for not trying to get another job and staying through those really tough times earlier in the Season than he does for any results.

I said it previously and I'll say it again...............

We would be in a worse position without him.

But he's not ready to Manage us on a permanent basis.

It would definitely be the wrong appointment

Nucky Thompson

Well done SF:) You can't argue with his record since he had full control, another clean sheet and 3 points on Wednesday please;)

Frail = No Thanks

A real manager would not pick idiots like Ivascrapatuis, Zalwank, Bennigash & Kurskis.

Someone who was not a puppet would play youngsters like Visconte.

:mad:

Frail is doing fine.

Discipline has improved

Team lines have improved

Clean sheets have improved

Refereeing performances have improved for us (except McCurry)

4 wins in the last 5 league games

Long term? well I reckon he has passed any test that Vlad has placed on his lap.

If someone else is given the job I would like to see him remain in an appropriate capacity.

Well done Stevie.

Agree that Shaggy has done an excelent job.

I still don't think he is the long term answer - he is still a little naive tactically IMHO - but he is doing as good a job as anyone could in the meantime and means we can bide our time until the right man comes along for the position.

I wasn't at the game today so made do with Hearts World. Laurence was asked if Frail would be given the job and he said, "No". He wouldn't be drawn on who the new manager will be(Gary MacKay asked him if it would be Mark McGhee) but He said he couldn't say or he would be quoted on a chatroom. I think from that we can be assured that there will be a new manager. Wonder which one?;)

PS - Almost forgot - "Well done, Shaggy."

Whoever picked todays side has finally woken up to the situation which has been staring them in the face all season ... playing 3 wingers and a striker who can't hold the ball up is not the way to get results in the SPL.

Add that to the end to the ridiculous rotation system in the defence. The end to the ridiculous rotation system amongst the goalkeepers.

A settled goalkeeper and settled defence. More strength and workrate in midfield. And 2 strikers who are better at holding the ball up.

More like it!

Bye all means praise Stevie Frail.

However, not manager material for me. Far too inexperencied for me amongst a number of other issues.

The problem with Frail and his run, does it not remind you of when Vladas took over and AK/SF took over. Things improved because it was really that bad before and with Vlad taking a step away, the only way was up!

Didn't we get similar response when Valdas, then SF and AK took over. With calls for them to be made manager for steadying the ship. That never really worked out.

IMO we need someone new a fresh start for the players and fans. Otherwise it will be a bit of history repeating.

If Frail gets the manager job as far as I'm concerned Vlad is lying ......... and pulled another one over a section of the support.

So by all means praise Frail, however, give me a proper manager!

Spot on. Totally agree. Yeah. Exactly my thoughts etc etc.

Frail deserves the praise but we do not deserve him as manager next season. We deserve a proper manager.

winston churchill

with two poor full backs and a lack of quality up front, four wins and four clean sheets out of five is not a bad return.

i am still not convinced how much of a say/input frail really has.

We are definitely converging on a point where I feel Frails appointment will be inevitable - unfortunately.

Yes, credit where it's due for taking us out of a relegation tailspin. Although his 3 wins on the bounce were against some truly dreadful teams. But the cup games - where he could really have kept our season alive - were poor efforts.

On the negative side, he's still Vlads man, still part of the old committee. The departure of Velicka will doubtless lead to Shaggy shrugging his shoulders and a "we just have to get on with it" type attitude. A real manager - or someone with backbone - would instead be hugely and publicly p|ssed off.

So we have the perfect Vlad appointee. Someone who is schooled in the ways of the committee and who owes his place to Vlad by virtue of having swallowed and pedalled sh|t. Someone who does enough to keep the clubs head above water but not much else in the SPL. And someone who will have no strenuous or public objection when Vlad plays football monopoly with the likes of Velicka.

Some prospect.

We are definitely converging on a point where I feel Frails appointment will be inevitable - unfortunately.

Yes, credit where it's due for taking us out of a relegation tailspin. Although his 3 wins on the bounce were against some truly dreadful teams. But the cup games - where he could really have kept our season alive - were poor efforts.

On the negative side, he's still Vlads man, still part of the old committee. The departure of Velicka will doubtless lead to Shaggy shrugging his shoulders and a "we just have to get on with it" type attitude. A real manager - or someone with backbone - would instead be hugely and publicly p|ssed off.

So we have the perfect Vlad appointee. Someone who is schooled in the ways of the committee and who owes his place to Vlad by virtue of having swallowed and pedalled sh|t. Someone who does enough to keep the clubs head above water but not much else in the SPL. And someone who will have no strenuous or public objection when Vlad plays football monopoly with the likes of Velicka.

Some prospect.

I don't think anyone would have done much better with what he had at his disposal at the time. If Shaggy had been in control from the start of the season I certainly think we would have gone through to the final of the Diddy Cup, but he had little chance of building momentum.

Don't forget we were put out of the cups by a combination of one penalty (Mwell) and basketball, rugby and the usual Rangers 12th man.

jambos are go!
until he bins robbie , jose and elliot he'll be regarded as not good enough to manage us for me

If you owned HMFC would you tolerate a coach who picked them? Wou'ld you insist they were dropped?

I don't think anyone would have done much better with what he had at his disposal at the time. If Shaggy had been in control from the start of the season I certainly think we would have gone through to the final of the Diddy Cup, but he had little chance of building momentum.

Don't forget we were put out of the cups by a combination of one penalty (Mwell) and basketball, rugby and the usual Rangers 12th man.

When we went 2-0 up against Motherwell in the first leg I'd have changed to a more defensive set up and seen the game out rather than going for a third.

No complaints about the Rangers game though.

Also mon ami, by virtue of no goals scored in those 3 hours of cup football.

I like Frail.

He deserves more credit for not trying to get another job and staying through those really tough times earlier in the Season than he does for any results.

I said it previously and I'll say it again...............

We would be in a worse position without him.

But he's not ready to Manage us on a permanent basis.

It would definitely be the wrong appointment

I agree with ALL that you say but want to pick up on your first point in particular.

The nay sayer will say that he only stuck it out for the money (the job, with a family to keep) and there is some truth in that I'm sure, but it's not the whole story!

He has shown a lot more fortitude than some others who have run away from the problem rahter than sticking it out - and, I believe, has given his opinion on what needed to be done before the 1st Jan Declaration of Independence for the Management!!! (i.e. the need for continuity in the team selection/abolition of the rotation policy).

I agree that we need an experienced manager but, I reckon that more than a few of the 'experts' on JKB wouldn't have been able to show the same staying power.

We didn't deserve anything from the Rangers semi.

Their first goal shouldn't have stood but in reality we were second best on the night.

As for the Motherwell tie, I agree with what Le Chat says above however had Audrey not missed an absolute sitter to make it 3 we would have been in the next round. He is more to blame for us not progressing than Frail imo.

Peter Olivers Army

I take it you consider Burley wasn't good enough then, on those grounds.

winston churchill
We didn't deserve anything from the Rangers semi.

Their first goal shouldn't have stood but in reality we were second best on the night.

As for the Motherwell tie, I agree with what Le Chat says above however had Audrey not missed an absolute sitter to make it 3 we would have been in the next round. He is more to blame for us not progressing than Frail imo

velicka also hit the post in the replay from 10 yards.

Cant argue too much with the amount of clean sheets and points won. The performances haven't been great to watch though. The bloke has done a decent job considering the players confidence must have been at its lowest when he was given control.

In regard to saying we have been taking points off 'crap' teams. All teams outside the OF in the SPL are 'crap' and we have the players to be in the top 3 compared to other squads .

If only the season started on Jan 1st....

velicka also hit the post in the replay from 10 yards.

I know mate, Although had Audrey scored there would have been no need for a replay.

And what the feck have you done to my post?

:laugh:

winston churchill
I know mate, Although had Audrey scored there would have been no need for a replay.

a dinnae ken mate,must have pressed the wrong button:o.

Toxteth O'Grady

Heartski would never have done that !

Shaggy has done very well IMO, he has installed some discipline and picked a more settled team.These things have brought the results that we would expect.

All of this was after a very poor run of results. He deserves credit for turning things around with the resources available.

Well done to Shaggy for that.

I was one of the first to critcise Frail (Hearts 0 - Dundee Utd 4 last season IIRC). But I regognise that he has a resiliant attitude and he wants Hearts to be successful as we do, he hurts when we lose and he loves it when we win but he always give the credit to the players.

He spouts some rubbish in his press conferences, he needs some coaching and experience in that department but that is not a big problem as it doesn't affect results.

I've not agreed with every decision or team selection he has made, but then again I've not agreed with every decision any manager has made (and they all know more than me) He even had the balls to answer one of his critics in the crowd (not that I think he should have).

So until we have a permanent manager I'm happy that Shaggy will do his best.

Well done Stevie.

do you know what it takes to be a successful manager winning trophies every year. you know, like hearts should be doing.

no i thought not.

don't get me wrong i like shaggy but he's nowhere ready to manage a club like hearts.

Libertonian_II

SF has been in a difficult situation for most of the season, ie trying to explain away other peoples' decisions. He's always been articulate in the face of pressure and deserves a chance.

League results have been good by comparison with the committee period, and anybody that implies guilt by association is talking bollox. I do agree though that tactics can sometimes be perplexing, and our cup exits have been very disappointing.

That said, he doesn't have a lot of quality to work with. Nor is it any reflection on him that that Velicka's being sold. Economics are often bigger than the head coach.

And what exactly qualifies you to decide who's suitable? Apart that is from the usual boring clich?d stuff about Robbie, etc..

so your saying you need qualifications to know your football.

well i've heard it all now.

john brownlee

I wish he would have a shave and get rid of that ginger bumfluf or is he really trying to imitate his name sake. He should go the whole hog and buy a great big stupid dug

Apart from that I would imagine hes as much a success as the average Hearts manager/coach, only time will tell.

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

Drylaw Hearts
I wish he would have a shave and get rid of that ginger bumfluf or is he really trying to imitate his name sake. He should go the whole hog and buy a great big stupid dug

Apart from that I would imagine hes as much a success as the average Hearts manager/coach, only time will tell.

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

That reminds me...

When exactly is that Manager who was at the ANC joining us ?

peebles jambo
I take it you consider Burley wasn't good enough then, on those grounds.

of course, burley has now picked robbie for his scotland squad, not, if he was still at the jts thost 3 clowns would be gone

I'm sorry but what sort of discipline can the manager install when he cant be bothered even shaving or tie his tie properly, it all looks pretty unprofessional to me

I'm sorry but what sort of discipline can the manager install when he cant be bothered even shaving or tie his tie properly, it all looks pretty unprofessional to me

After a defeat last week I started a post about Stevie Frail.

After a win this week someone starts a post about Stevie Frail.

On reading the comments I would say it's about 50/50.

Then you come on and post about his facial hair and the way he dresses(unprofessional).

Beggars belief!!!!!

HOBO

Spot on. Totally agree. Yeah. Exactly my thoughts etc etc.

Frail deserves the praise but we do not deserve him as manager next season. We deserve a proper manager.

TBH, if Frail does his badges over the summer and remains in charge, that makes him a "proper manager", regardless of what people on here will say. People calling him tactically naive, get a grip - if he was so tactically inferior, we wouldn't be winning any games. Ever. IMHO, Stevie's doing a good job. At least the players seem to actually like the guy.

After a defeat last week I started a post about Stevie Frail.

After a win this week someone starts a post about Stevie Frail.

On reading the comments I would say it's about 50/50.

Then you come on and post about his facial hair and the way he dresses(unprofessional).

Beggars belief!!!!!

HOBO

outside now, you've taken that too far

Archived