Zal very doubtful for St Midden

Clerry Jambo

Oh no!!! Will be tough without big Zal.

Also, can we not call Bouzid - Boozy?

It's a wee bit gay and hoboesque.

Snake Plissken

That's why we signed Bouzid and Kucharski.

Is Lee still struggling? Might be the war criminal/baby eater combo in central defence if he is.

Clerry Jambo

Point duly noted:stuart:

Point duly noted:stuart:

:10900:

Just joking mate, call him what you like. It just makes me cringe a wee bit is all.

Clerry Jambo
:10900:

Just joking mate, call him what you like. It just makes me cringe a wee bit is all.

No I agree mate - have given myself a slap:smiley2:

at training this morning the back 4 lined up as wallace jose bouzid thomson. Mikey stew was nowhere to be seen(guessing he had some duty as captain to do today) so they had blackie and ruben in the centre with driver on left and suso on right.

Get stuck in BIG ZIDDY!

any better?:smiley2:

:nah: TAXI

If you'd have told me 18 months ago that Zal wouldn't be fit for a game at St Liedown I wouldn't have bothered my arse.

It goes to prove how much he's came on in that period that I'm disapointed with this news today.

not long ago there would have been at least a couple of 'bombscare' jibes on this thread but it's pleasing to see that he's begun the process of getting people to believe in him as a proper footballer... which he is. it still remains to be seen if he can continue the better attitude too... i hope so.

he would be one of the first couple of names on my team sheet every week.

Agreed , makes me think of that hibby french ****.

Gods a Jambo

The fact that were dissapointed at losing zali, shows the defence is leaking goals, like stantons tadger, after a night on the sauce. Zali will win most balls in the air and seems to be good for talking to players etc, but he is just turned far to easily for me, looses concentration and likes to grap folk too much in the box.

Bouzid may come good but, for now i would give kucharski a run of games alongside jose.

Hungry hippo
Is ot just me or is there some unusual Squad rotation going on at the moment.

I think it's just you. We've had a few genuine injuries unless anyone has any sort of evidence to suggest otherwise.

not long ago there would have been at least a couple of 'bombscare' jibes on this thread but it's pleasing to see that he's begun the process of getting people to believe in him as a proper footballer... which he is. it still remains to be seen if he can continue the better attitude too... i hope so.

I'm still not convinced with Zal. His history is a few good games then a few nightmares. However, I hope that has now changed.

I thought, apart from the goals, that Bouzid had a very good game against Hamilton. Remember that Karipidis looked poor in his first season....let's not judge Boozy ( :stuart: ) too early.

Thought Bouzid looked the part against Sunderland and haven't really been convinced since. If Zal isn't fit I wouldn't mind seeing big Dawid. A previous poster rightly says he looked good at Tannadice, plus, as an aside, if you watch him closely during the warm up, he ALWAYS hits the target in shooting practice. (No, I'm NOT suggesting he plays striker!)

We_are_the_Hearts

If Mehmet and Higdon play the we could be in trouble. Jose and Bouzid are solid enough on the ground but against good aerial strikers they struggle.

We have a big enough squad to deal with things like this. This is what separates us from the rest of the teams looking to take third place.

We have a big enough squad to deal with things like this. This is what separates us from the rest of the teams looking to take third place.

Being honest, it's our lack of centre forwards that separates us from the other teams looking to finish 3rd.

Agree with this Vic and i really do think he'll have improved his attitude, or petulance is maybe a better word as he's always worked hard.

I think things just got on top of him last season. I'm a big fan of the big fella's and we're definitely a better team with him - I'd suggest he's a positive influence on the likes of Craig Thomson too, although Bouzid seems like a good talker and motivator too

We_are_the_Hearts
We have plenty cover every bit as good, and with less risk of a stupid red card.

Eh? Did you see the Killy and Celtic games? Every ball into the box was causing us major problems. Say what you want about Zal but he is good in the air.

We have plenty cover every bit as good, and with less risk of a stupid red card.

interesting. wrong.... but interesting.

We really don't JR.

Zal is an absolute beast in the air. Not many SPL defenders are as good at heading as him. We know that St Mirren are going to try and overpower us so not having Zal will be a big loss.

Guest JamboRobbo
We really don't JR.

Zal is an absolute beast in the air. Not many SPL defenders are as good at heading as him. We know that St Mirren are going to try and overpower us so not having Zal will be a big loss.

You're entitled to your opinion cosa. As am I. IMO, Jose and Bouzid are every bit as good, with less risk of a stupid red card. :smiley2:

You're entitled to your opinion cosa. As am I. IMO, Jose and Bouzid are every bit as good, with less risk of a stupid red card. :smiley2:

Do you think that Jose or Bouzid are as good in the air as Zaliukas?

Just curious.

Guest JamboRobbo
Do you think that Jose or Bouzid are as good in the air as Zaliukas?

Just curious.

Yep, and I think they'll cope just fine in the air.

Also interesting to note our only clean sheet of the campaign has come with Jose and Bouzid at CH, up against Killie who have a similar player in Kyle. You can argue all day whether they handled Kyle as well in the air or not as Zaliukas might have, but you can't argue that we got the clean sheet.

Nelly Terraces

I can't see us getting anything from tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong, but the signals are there. Anyone else agree? Or disagree for that matter.

I can't see us getting anything from tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong, but the signals are there. Anyone else agree? Or disagree for that matter.

Agree. They've yet to win a game at their new ground and, in much the same way as we've always seemed obliging to strikers on a lean spell....

Yep, and I think they'll cope just fine in the air.

Also interesting to note our only clean sheet of the campaign has come with Jose and Bouzid at CH, up against Killie who have a similar player in Kyle. You can argue all day whether they handled Kyle as well in the air or not as Zaliukas might have, but you can't argue that we got the clean sheet.

We did indeed get a clean sheet, that point is clearly not up for debate.

Let's face it, we were extremely lucky not to concede though because Kyle and Sammon won practically everything in the air and missed a few real chances.

Did you go to St Johnstone away? They scored with a header, missed an even easier one, had another couple of headed efforts at goal and Deuchar and the other huge lump (Murray something I think) won everything in the air.

Jose and Bouzid do have some strengths to their game but arial battles are not one of them. Without Zal, teams with big strikers are going to trouble us.

Nelly Terraces

Let's face it, we were extremely lucky not to concede though because Kyle and Sammon won practically everything in the air and missed a few real chances.

Did you go to St Johnstone away? They scored with a header, missed an even easier one, had another couple of headed efforts at goal and Deuchar and the other huge lump (Murray something I think) won everything in the air.

Jose and Bouzid do have some strengths to their game but arial battles are not one of them. Without Zal, teams with big strikers are going to trouble us.

Agree with that. That's why I think we'll get done tomorrow, unless we can get round the back of them with Driver and Suso, but can't see that happening. We can't defend well enough and we can't score enough goals. Simple.

Guest JamboRobbo

All fair points, but I think it's very easy to panic about one aspect of defending and forget others. We might lose a goal in the air. They might head it wide. We might not lose a goal due to poor positioning or stupid challenge. We might not go down to 10 men due to poor discipline. We might not concede a silly free kick in the last minute (the actual reason we didn't win at St Johnstone - not losing of headers, but conceding of a silly free kick).

I think it's a much greater concern where the goals will come from at the other end than whether one or other of our CH's is in or out.

All fair points, but I think it's very to panic about one aspect of defending and forget others. We might lose a goal in the air. Then we might not lose a goal due to poor positioning or stupid challenge. We might not go down to 10 men due to poor discipline.

I think it's a much greater concern where the goals will come from at the other end than whether one or other of our CH's is in or out.

Do you not think Zal has looked a wee bit more professional, captain-like and responsible in his play so far this season?

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the ass but he does look like he's sorted out his mentalist / discipline issues.

I question half of your analysis there

i was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but i can now see you are quite right what with him resorting to personal abuse (see below).

dumbanddumberposter1.jpg

i know being told you're wrong is difficult for you but really!!! :10900:

Guest JamboRobbo
Do you not think Zal has looked a wee bit more professional, captain-like and responsible in his play so far this season?

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me on the ass but he does look like he's sorted out his mentalist / discipline issues.

Yes, but he's only a few games into his season.

Yes, but he's only a few games into his season.

Let's hope he keeps it up because I think and more importantly, I think Csaba thinks he's our best defender. He's going to play when he's fit unless his crazy mentalness comes back.

i was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt but i can now see you are quite right what with him resorting to personal abuse (see below).

i know being told you're wrong is difficult for you but really!!! :10900:

I actually took what I can now see as a flagrant personal attack on us as a compliment. I love that movie. Killer boots, man!

As for the centre half debate, yep it's all about opinions, but for me Zali is our best CH. I don't know how he can say with conviction we won't get a silly red card. What if Bouzid turns out to be just as mental as Zal was??

as much as it annoys the living be-jesus out of the perma-stubborn among us... zaliukas has already proved he's a much better option than bouzid. with jose playing so well it's obvious those two are the best partnership for defence.

desperate scrabbling about trying to justify historical agendas by claiming zaliukas is more likely to get a red card wont wash either. we haven't seen enough of kosovo dave yet to have any idea how likely he is to the red mist or rash tackles.

bouzid doesn't look up to the task of dealing with a lot of ariel duels. sooner or later st.midden would get the better of him. he is also prone to letting his man get goal side.

zaliukas and jose all day long and twice on a sunday.

zaliukas haters will just have to come up with a more credible theory why he shouldn't be regarded as the best CH at the club, although jose isn't far behind.

Guest JamboRobbo
I don't know how he can say with conviction we won't get a silly red card. What if Bouzid turns out to be just as mental as Zal was??

I didn't. I said we'd have less risk.

I actually took what I can now see as a flagrant personal attack on us as a compliment. I love that movie. Killer boots, man!

As for the centre half debate, yep it's all about opinions, but for me Zali is our best CH. I don't know how he can say with conviction we won't get a silly red card. What if Bouzid turns out to be just as mental as Zal was??

you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink and all that.

you are right, zaliukas is the best CH at the club.

bouzid doesn't look up to the task of dealing with a lot of ariel duels. sooner or later st.midden would get the better of him. he is also prone to letting his man get goal side.

All spot on. McCulloch's goal v the Huns being yet another example of our inability to cope with arial battles.

Bouzid also has a terrible habit of fluffing headers or clearances out of dangerous positions right back into the penalty area or straight back to opposing players. He's done it a few times and it's horrible to watch. The goal v Zagreb being a perfect example.

Archived