Another ?1 million

colinmaroon

CG plays the extra million game!!!

Coded response: **** ** ****** ******

Craig is too good to last another 100 games at sunderland

8 million it is, still not too shabby, especially if there was a sell on

Craig is too good to last another 100 games at sunderland

8 million it is, still not too shabby, especially if there was a sell on

Is it ?1million after 25 games and another mil after a FURTHER 100 games?

Seems a bit of a strange number.

Edit: Ah, saw a previous post, so another 75 games? It's possible if they stay up for 2 more seasons.

WTF is this thread on about??

Under the terms of the Craig gordon sale to Sunderland, Hearts were paid ?7million up font, with another ?1million due when Gordon played 25 league games for Sunderland.

Today was Craig Gordon's 25th league game for Sunderland and Hearts were paid their extra ?1million.

Hearts are due another ?1million if and when Craig Gordon plays his 100th league game for Sunderland.

Under the terms of the Craig gordon sale to Sunderland, Hearts were paid ?7million up font, with another ?1million due when Gordon played 25 league games for Sunderland.

Today was Craig Gordon's 25th league game for Sunderland and Hearts were paid their extra ?1million.

Hearts are due another ?1million if and when Craig Gordon plays his 100th league game for Sunderland.

Cheers, Cadeyboy.

Good news. As much as I dislike Vlad at times, he sure knows how to conduct a transfer or two.

Cheers, Cadeyboy.

Good news. As much as I dislike Vlad at times, he sure knows how to conduct a transfer or two.

Two? I give you Gordon. I may give you Skacel because Vlad made him ours for ?200K and sold him for ?1.6m (incidentally where did that go?) He made a big profit but he treated the lad like scheidt! Kingston might bring his record to three decent profits in the summer IF we get more than ?650K which we should. How much has he wasted though???

Vlad's a ****** and he hasn't got a clue.

What about releasing our captain on a free and selling Hartley to Celtic despite stating he would never sell to the OF no matter what? Yes, it was a good ?1m for a guy Hartley's age but we spent 2/3 of that on Kingston, who is probably on more money(?) and hasn't given us anywhere near what Hartley did. No matter what you think Vlad also made a "shop front" of Webster's case and don't get me started about Bednar.:mad:

Drylaw Hearts
Two? I give you Gordon. I may give you Skacel because Vlad made him ours for ?200K and sold him for ?1.6m (incidentally where did that go?) He made a big profit but he treated the lad like scheidt! Kingston might bring his record to three decent profits in the summer IF we get more than ?650K which we should. How much has he wasted though???

What about releasing our captain on a free and selling Hartley to Celtic despite stating he would never sell to the OF no matter what? Yes, it was a good ?1m for a guy Hartley's age but we spent 2/3 of that on Kingston, who is probably on more money(?) and hasn't given us anywhere near what Hartley did. No matter what you think Vlad also made a "shop front" of Webster's case and don't get me started about Bednar.:mad:

Skacel cost Hearts ?600,000 and was indeed sold for ?1.6million.

He was paid around ?500,000 in wages and bonuses etc.

Less fees - we probably made ?300,000 profit.

Skacel cost Hearts ?600,000 and was indeed sold for ?1.6million.

He was paid around ?500,000 in wages and bonuses etc.

Less fees - we probably made ?300,000 profit.

Fair enough, that probably paid the physio fees for Jankauskas!!!

I don't think we paid more than 200K for Rudi but it doesn't really matter. IT wasn't really the crux of my point.

Drylaw Hearts
Fair enough, that probably paid the physio fees for Jankauskas!!!

I don't think we paid more than 200K for Rudi but it doesn't really matter. IT wasn't really the crux of my point.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/4960778.stm

They say ?780,000.

I thought it was nearer ?600,000.

But it was certainly a lot more than ?200,000.

The Physio fees for Jank are the real reason VR didn't spend the Gordon money. :P

Drylaw Hearts
According to the Directors Report in in 2006 Report & Accounts we paid ?346,000 for Skacel & sold him for ?1.2m

That does surprise me.

I honestly thought it was a lot more than that.

Apologies Shaggy2 !

I actually cannot believe I'm going to praise Vlad here, but, here goes.

Roman Bednar was ****E when he was at Hearts. Utter, utter ****e. There is no denying that. Yes, he showed potential before he got injured but that's all he showed. When he came back he was mince, simple as that. He also acted like a wee, petulant laddie at times and seemed unable to get match fit; whatever your prerogative is, that's a disgrace for a highly-paid professional footballer.

As a result of the above issues he was punted out on loan with a view to sell. It just so happens he's done well in his loan move and it looks like we're about to get about ?2.5m (that's two point five million pounds) for a player who did nothing for us.

However you see it, that's a bloody good bit of business, as there's no way in hell Bednar's form would continue if he came back.

Now, I'm no Vlad fan; far from it. But you can't deny his shrewdness in conducting transfers: any other owner would've bitten Sunderland's hand off if they offered ?6m for Gordon; we got ?9m. As others have said we made a decent profit from Skacel. ?1m for a 31 year old midfielder on poor form is good, too. Kingston will be away in a few seasons for at least double what we paid for him, IMO.

Come on, mate - see sense.

Roman Bednar was ****E when he was at Hearts. Utter, utter ****e. There is no denying that. Yes, he showed potential before he got injured but that's all he showed. When he came back he was mince, simple as that. He also acted like a wee, petulant laddie at times and seemed unable to get match fit; whatever your prerogative is, that's a disgrace for a highly-paid professional footballer.

As a result of the above issues he was punted out on loan with a view to sell. It just so happens he's done well in his loan move and it looks like we're about to get about ?2.5m (that's two point five million pounds) for a player who did nothing for us.

However you see it, that's a bloody good bit of business, as there's no way in hell Bednar's form would continue if he came back.

Now, I'm no Vlad fan; far from it. But you can't deny his shrewdness in conducting transfers: any other owner would've bitten Sunderland's hand off if they offered ?6m for Gordon; we got ?9m. As others have said we made a decent profit from Skacel. ?1m for a 31 year old midfielder on poor form is good, too. Kingston will be away in a few seasons for at least double what we paid for him, IMO.

I see what you are getting at. However. I would have been happier if Vlad had built an environment that could have let Bednar show his potential here.

Drylaw Hearts

The Bednar money is a great fee.

But is it blackened by the fact that whilst Hearts have been crying out for a striker, there is a guy who could have been scoring goals for us had it not been for all the bullcrap surrounding the Club.

Rudi was only 26 or 27 when he left us not 31.

The Gordon fee is ?9million if all the targets are reached.

It could be 2 years before they happen - if they do happen.

Also, I'd be very surprised if Kingston is here in a few Seasons. I do however accept we will probably treble the fee we paid for him.

I see what you are getting at. However. I would have been happier if Vlad had built an environment that could have let Bednar show his potential here.

I was rapidly losing patience with him, Dave. I probably would've been willing to give him one more season, though.

However, (unfortunately or not) he seemed unable to play properly or conduct himself well in a situation where other players have managed. Throughout his tenure, Vlad has made it clear it's his way or the highway - we all know that and have, grudgingly, accepted it.

I can see why the Bednar thing may stick in a few people's throats but it's time to move on; he's never coming back. I, for one, am glad but, as I said, I can understand why other people aren't.

It's time to forget the whole situation - Bednar certainly has.

The Bednar money is a great fee.

But is it blackened by the fact that whilst Hearts have been crying out for a striker, there is a guy who could have been scoring goals for us had it not been for all the bullcrap surrounding the Club.

Rudi was only 26 or 27 when he left us not 31.

The Gordon fee is ?9million if all the targets are reached.

It could be 2 years before they happen - if they do happen.

Also, I'd be very surprised if Kingston is here in a few Seasons. I do however accept we will probably treble the fee we paid for him.

Sorry, I didn't make that bit clear; I meant Hartley with the sentence after Skacel. Should've said so.

Regarding your first point: Bednar was a young, well-paid professional footballer. He played poorly for, I'd say, 80% of his time here. He seemed unable/unwilling to get match fit (which is a joke however you look at it). I, like others, think this was a result of the Vlad-inspired turmoil.

However, there was no way in hell Bednar could've changed that personally and, even if he wasn't happy at us, he's a big laddie and owed it to himself and his career (if not the fans) to remain match fit at the very least.

He cut a petulant, sulking figure in his last months here (usually with a red, panting face) which disappoints me. He was (is) a professional footballer and, as such, has certain obligations to act professionally whatever the context. If other players managed it, he certainly could.

The weird thing is, he appeared to be one of Vlad's favourites! Imagine if he was in Chesney or Makela's position! He probably would've topped himself!

I was rapidly losing patience with him, Dave. I probably would've been willing to give him one more season, though.

However, (unfortunately or not) he seemed unable to play properly or conduct himself well in a situation where other players have managed. Throughout his tenure, Vlad has made it clear it's his way or the highway - we all know that and have, grudgingly, accepted it.

I can see why the Bednar thing may stick in a few people's throats but it's time to move on; he's never coming back. I, for one, am glad but, as I said, I can understand why other people aren't.

It's time to forget the whole situation - Bednar certainly has.

I do agree that , if the price is ?2,5m, then we've done ok out of it all.

Drylaw Hearts
Sorry, I didn't make that bit clear; I meant Hartley with the sentence after Skacel. Should've said so.

Ah.

No probs.

Regarding your first point: Bednar was a young, well-paid professional footballer. He played poorly for, I'd say, 80% of his time here. He seemed unable/unwilling to get match fit (which is a joke however you look at it). I, like others, think this was a result of the Vlad-inspired turmoil.

However, there was no way in hell Bednar could've changed that personally and, even if he wasn't happy at us, he's a big laddie and owed it to himself and his career (if not the fans) to remain match fit at the very least.

He cut a petulant, sulking figure in his last months here (usually with a red, panting face) which disappoints me. He was (is) a professional footballer and, as such, has certain obligations to act professionally whatever the context. If other players managed it, he certainly could.

The weird thing is, he appeared to be one of Vlad's favourites! Imagine if he was in Chesney or Makela's position! He probably would've topped himself!

Bednar was clearly unhappy with his surroundings here and he was in a real slump.

I think he was affected by the treatment of the many friends he had made since he joined the club.

The whole club was on a downward spiral and some coped better than others.

Reading the comments on him by his fellow WBA players, he is the life and soul of the dressing room.

He is playing well and scoring goals.

He looks lean and fit and is receiving rave reviews for his perfromences down south.

I would hazard a guess at him being well man-managed by Mowbray is the reason behind his rise in fortunes.

Ah.

No probs.

Bednar was clearly unhappy with his surroundings here and he was in a real slump.

I think he was affected by the treatment of the many friends he had made since he joined the club.

The whole club was on a downward spiral and some coped better than others.

Reading the comments on him by his fellow WBA players, he is the life and soul of the dressing room.

He is playing well and scoring goals.

He looks lean and fit and is receiving rave reviews for his perfromences down south.

I would hazard a guess at him being well man-managed by Mowbray is the reason behind his rise in fortunes.

Yep, you're probably right. And, to an extent, I'd agree that it's a bit of a shame.

I'm just disappointed with the fact that he let unchangable, well-above-his-head circumstances affect his game, his fitness and his professionalism.

I'm just disappointed with the fact that he let unchangable, well-above-his-head circumstances affect his game, his fitness and his professionalism.

Happens in any job when you are very unhappy. It will eventually get you down.

Happens in any job when you are very unhappy. It will eventually get you down.

I'm sure the few grand that got deposited in his bank account every week for doing the square root of feck all eased the pain somehow. ;)

I'm sure the few grand that got deposited in his bank account every week for doing the square root of feck all eased the pain somehow. ;)

It's definitely better to be unhappy and rich than unhappy and poor. :cool_shades:

Drylaw Hearts
Yep, you're probably right. And, to an extent, I'd agree that it's a bit of a shame.

I think he needed someone to lift him up.

Instead he got punched in the face by the owner and it was broadcast on the Official Website.

I'm sure that did his confidence the world of good !! :rolleyes:

I think he needed someone to lift him up.

Instead he got punched in the face by the owner and it was broadcast on the Official Website.

I'm sure that did his confidence the world of good !! :rolleyes:

Again, back to my "he's a big laddie" point.

Also, he shoudn't have tried to act the attention whore and box with him in the first place.

If you're gonna walk into a boxing ring, you're gonna get punched in the face. If you have a problem with getting punched in the face, boxing probably isn't the best pastime.

Archived