The Official "I'm not a spineless coward...."

Martin_T

.....and agree with Alex Gowans letter thread. Vlad throws us a bone about the potential appointment of a manager and suddenly it's taboo to criticise him again. Until he delivers, we as a fanbase are 100% entitled in my opinion to voice our concerns and criticism.

I back the letter from the shareholders absolutely, perhaps it could have been earlier, but given that it is an annual letter sent to shareholder association members with the invite to the agm, the only previous time could have been last year.

We are 2nd bottom of the league for goodness sake and haven't won a game since October, we should be positively venting our spleens at the way the club is being run, yet some appear to be genuinely scared of Romanov.

I agree with the tone.

I do not agree with things like 'have a wee word with yourself'.

And we won in November.

:)

I can see both sides of the argument

On one hand I agree with the letter it is what most of the people on here have been saying

On the other hand its a little bit to late start mouthing of at Romanov when he said he will change

I agree with the tone.

I do not agree with things like 'have a wee word with yourself'.

And we won in November.

:)

Take your point, but will it matter after translation?

Colonel Kurtz

i think the author was miffed he didnt get invited over for the beetroot soup,because he was perhaps not gullible enough.

Has nothing been learned from the last time Romanov invited people over.

Action required now,and not giving the job to Shaggy

modeit

an inappropriate however thought provoking post.

If a post offends you please use the report post function rather than quoting the same. Thanks Mod 9

.....and agree with Alex Gowans letter thread. Vlad throws us a bone about the potential appointment of a manager and suddenly it's taboo to criticise him again. Until he delivers, we as a fanbase are 100% entitled in my opinion to voice our concerns and criticism.

I back the letter from the shareholders absolutely, perhaps it could have been earlier, but given that it is an annual letter sent to shareholder association members with the invite to the agm, the only previous time could have been last year.

We are 2nd bottom of the league for goodness sake and haven't won a game since October, we should be positively venting our spleens at the way the club is being run, yet some appear to be genuinely scared of Romanov.

Agree with the sentiment, dont agree with the timing or the wording, very childish!

Agree with the setiment, dont agree with the timing of the wordng, very childish!

Given the letter is to a man who 18 months or so ago, was regularly indulging in slanging matches with the Scottish Sun (is it possible to get anymore childish?), I think a childish tone is quite apt and may well have found it's audience.:)

Agree with the sentiment, dont agree with the timing or the wording, very childish!

I think the timing is spot on. Just after the announcement on the stand, the fans let Romanov know that we haven't forgotten that we want a proper manager and a proper team on the park.

Given the letter is to a man who 18 months or so ago, was regularly indulging in slanging matches with the Scottish Sun (is it possible to get anymore childish?), I think a childish tone is quite apt and may well have found it's audience.:)

SO basically because Romanov acts childishly then supporters group should respond in kind?

This kind of nonsense wont aid their chances of getting back in the inner circle and it is certainly not something that the supporters will unite behind, pointless and if it has any effect it will be a negative effect for the shareholders assoc!

I think the timing is spot on. Just after the announcement on the stand, the fans let Romanov know that we haven't forgotten that we want a proper manager and a proper team on the park.

This should of happened along time ago, the day PRessley got his terminated would have done for me!

This is not the right time and even if it is the letter could have been a lot more professional. "had a word with yourself",thats the kind of patter that floats around a supporters message board!

Wording could have been better don't see much wrong with it that apart.

Is that not what constitutes a major part of a letter/statement??:wacko:

LOL, Good reply, Mods not awake yet obviously.

Well BIJ...a lot of JKB'rs have always maintained that Vlad has bitten off more than he could chew ! :laugh:

Looks like stef112 is willing to put that to the test !

boabyarsebiscuit

The New Years Day statement is at the heart of the matter.

New manager, experience of Scottish football preferably.

Let's see who we get.

I'm waiting.

loveofthegame

I agree with what the shareholders' association said.

It may come across as slightly aggressive but i say good for them. An organisation thats finally had the balls to speak out to a degree.

Would we rather the letter said

'Dear Mr Romanov,

we're incredibly sorry to disturb you but please appoint a manager soon. We'd really like him to know the Scottish game and get full autonomy but if you don't think thats best then we'll leave that up to you. Keep up the good work oh saviour of saviours.

Signed

Whoever'

Maybe something like this will get as far as Romanov personally and give him an idea of how the fans feel. Its been clear on here for months how we all feel yet as soon as somebody puts it into words in an official letter everyones against it:dontgetit:

Well BIJ...a lot of JKB'rs have always maintained that Vlad has bitten off more than he could chew ! :laugh:

Looks like stef112 is willing to put that to the test !

or a "light" bite ;)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

It may come across as slightly aggressive but i say good for them. An organisation thats finally had the balls to speak out to a degree.

'Dear Mr Romanov,

we're incredibly sorry to disturb you but please appoint a manager soon. We'd really like him to know the Scottish game and get full autonomy but if you don't think thats best then we'll leave that up to you. Keep up the good work oh saviour of saviours.

Signed

Whoever'

Maybe something like this will get as far as Romanov personally and give him an idea of how the fans feel. Its been clear on here for months how we all feel yet as soon as somebody puts it into words in an official letter everyones against it:dontgetit:

Totally agree, and it is not an "official letter" just a statement to shareholders. Pretty humorous at times and straight to the point.

Anyway, it is just the usual prats who cannot see beyond Vlads butthole who are moaning anyway. The same types who would go down with the sinking ship still not wanting to believe it was happening.

Feck 'em.

jambos are go!

If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen. There is only room for the brave not the spinneless on the Romanov Express.

loveofthegame
Totally agree, and it is not an "official letter" just a statement to shareholders. Pretty humorous at times and straight to the point.

Anyway, it is just the usual prats who cannot see beyond Vlads butthole who are moaning anyway. The same types who would go down with the sinking ship still not wanting to believe it was happening.

Feck 'em.

Ture mate. What i meant by official letter was it came from an 'official' association. Probably a bad choice of words on my part, but you get the idea of what i was trying to say

siegementality

'Dear Mr Romanov,

Signed

Whoever'

Agreed. Regardless of the timing, tone, wording, or anything else for that matter, it got the point over.

Too many people still sitting on the fence getting splinters up their arse and greeting about the wording of someones "statement".

If you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen. There is only room for the brave not the spinneless on the Romanov Express.

I think there is only room for the spineless on the Romanov Express, anyone with a spine and their own opinion gets binned.

He's done nothing to prove he has changed his ways.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Are you embarassed by yourself or what?

As it stood prior to January the first' statement, the express was just passing under the sign that read "Arbeit Macht Frei" and delivering all you believers into the Great Leaders maul.

I can see both sides of the argument

On one hand I agree with the letter it is what most of the people on here have been saying

On the other hand its a little bit to late start mouthing of at Romanov when he said he will change

Can a Leopard change its spots ?. Not likely.

Can a Leopard change its spots ?. Not likely.

True

However, the Leopard can get worried about it's huge investment in a football club going down the swanny if it doesn't change direction

Why did you need to start another thread on this?

Is it because you are an attention seeker? I've got news for you - I'm not interested in what you have to say.

I'm not going to debate your argument because it is crap and was debated properly in the main thread.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
..... Vlad throws us a bone about the potential appointment of a manager and suddenly it's taboo to criticise him again. Until he delivers, we as a fanbase are 100% entitled in my opinion to voice our concerns and criticism.

Yeah!! What have the Romanovs ever done for us eh?!!

You go on and vent yer spleen mate. Absolutely not enough whingers and complainers is what I say!!:sterb032::av-1001::Bazooka:

Yeah!! What have the Romanovs ever done for us eh?!!

You go on and vent yer spleen mate. Absolutely not enough whingers and complainers is what I say!!:sterb032::av-1001::Bazooka:

:ninja: Hatsheep!

What does that mean? :confused:

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Is that in the buffet carria:whistling:ge?

I think we have every right to question the regime, given the number of times they have let us down in the last two years.

It may well not be a perfect letter, or good timing, but it's good for him (VR) that he knows we are watching.

Well said.

I agree the writing style and tone are misjudged but that's hardly a capital offence.

What's disappointing is the fact that people are willing to throw themselves prostrate before Romanov on the basis of a promise which, if his form is a guide, may go unfulfilled.

To villify Gowans, whilst largely agreeing with the substance of his letter, smacks of cowardice and hypocrisy.

gowans,another faceless wonder,i would love to find out what he has contributed to the club in the past few years,i would bet its not too much,

the timeing wasnt that clever either,the day after we get some good news,

a fans group come out and stab the club in the back,you just couldnt make it up.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
Well said.

I agree the writing style and tone are misjudged but that's hardly a capital offence.

What's disappointing is the fact that people are willing to throw themselves prostrate before Romanov on the basis of a promise which, if his form is a guide, may go unfulfilled.

To villify Gowans, whilst largely agreeing with the substance of his letter, smacks of cowardice and hypocrisy.

Before I thwo myself to the ground again! Can someone tell me where I can read the literary gem?

loveofthegame
Why did you need to start another thread on this?

Is it because you are an attention seeker? I've got news for you - I'm not interested in what you have to say.

I'm not going to debate your argument because it is crap and was debated properly in the main thread.

Perhaps because the other thread was from a viewpoint that was very against the letter, this one allows people who agree with it to state there reasons without them getting lost amongst all the rabble in the other thread

HMSA CHAIRMAN?S STATEMENT JANUARY 2008

We welcome the statement from Hearts, issued on 1st January, that a new manager will be appointed. We trust that this signals a new beginning for the club and Mr Romanov will fully honour his commitment that the new manager will have full responsibility for team selection and coaching of the first team squad. Whoever is appointed should have the support of all Hearts fans but, with the deep rooted problems that have developed throughout the club over the past three years, his task is likely to be challenging and there may be no quick fixes. However, it is worth saying right at the outset that if Mr Romanov goes back on his word, 1st January 2008 will be regarded by all Hearts supporters as a day of infamy.

After the disastrous start to the season it was becoming clear that the Romanov Revolution was beginning to come apart on the park and if the poor showing continued it would eventually impact on attendances, particularly the renewal of season tickets. However there are always solutions to any problem. We are pleased that Mr Romanov has finally recognised that there were issues that only he could address and is now prepared to stand back and delegate. He has already demonstrated that he has the entrepreneurial skills to build up a substantial business. Providing that he is now genuinely prepared to use his business acumen alongside the skills of an experienced manager he is more likely to achieve greater success with Hearts.

We were all disappointed that Hearts failed to qualify for Europe. A significant factor was the appalling performance under Eduard Malofeev?s stewardship when the team took only three points from an available eighteen. Under more astute management Hearts should have been up there challenging Rangers for second place in the league.

The early anticipation of a new season and a fresh start has rapidly been extinguished by a string of indifferent performances and poor results, particularly at home culminating in the worst sequence of results since season 1978-79. With the exception of one or two notable individual performances, Fortress Tynecastle has at times resembled a forlorn sand castle on a dreich Portobello beach trying vainly to stand firm against an incoming tide. The team is now firmly established in the bottom six and has failed to show any consistency or supremacy over clubs with significantly less resources. All of these clubs have experienced managers who understand the Scottish game and are accountable for performance.

Any student of organisational structure, whether it is a bank or a football club, will know that managers should always be allowed to manage. Clearly that has not been the case with Hearts and the lack of leadership, along with the unacceptable policy of meddling by others, has been is at the root of all the team?s problems. There is now a light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully it is not a train coming towards us. Under a strong manager, who understands the Scottish game, Hearts still have a nucleus of good players that can be moulded into a team capable of achieving greater success in coming years.

Whilst the quality of football continued to frustrate the fans throughout 2007 it is worth noting three significant landmarks in the clubs history. Firstly, the highest ever ?home? crowd of almost 58,000 that saw Hearts take on Barcelona at Murrayfield. Secondly, the record transfer of Craig Gordon to Sunderland for a fee that could eventually rise to ?9m. Craig has been a regular attendee at our meetings and we wish him all the best in the Premiership. Thirdly, and most importantly, was the announcement of the proposed investment of ?51m to redevelop the main stand at Tynecastle and surrounding areas.

The Association wrote to the board of Hearts in support of these proposals. Whilst it is commendable that the directors now have a long term strategy to develop the stadium and increase capacity, the majority shareholder should not lose sight of the fact that attendances will only be sustained if short term goals and medium term targets are achieved. The redevelopment is an exciting project that should have the support of all Hearts fans but the feel good factor associated with any football club has always been influenced by results and its position in the league. We are pleased that the board has finally been prepared to address the reasons why these short and medium term factors were not meeting the aspirations of the fans.

Throughout the past year the committee has continued to develop a strong business relationship with the operational directors and other members of the management team at Hearts. Some important initiatives have come to fruition over the past twelve months none more so The Education and Community Trust, Breakfast Club and the Magnificent Seven. We have been impressed by the hard work from all of the people working behind the scenes and the distractions of the first team should not take away from the excellent progress that has been achieved off the field. Their loyalty to the club during what has been a very difficult period should never be underestimated. The operational and management team have all been very supportive of our meetings and we would like to thank them for their help and the donations of prizes for our fund raising activities.

It remains a disappointment that Vladimir and Roman Romanov continue to stay away. Perhaps bridges need to be mended which may involve an effort from all parties. Nevertheless, after the rapid deterioration of results and the growing threat of being sucked into a relegation battle, it is alarming that the Romanovs have not been prepared to address our members? concerns. Indeed their policy of allowing others to face the music along with the refusal to meet supporters groups at G10 meetings is inexcusable and has reflected badly on their depth of feeling for the club. We hope that this will now change.

During the year we have continued to organise a series of very successful dinners for our members and guests. It is however disappointing that numbers are slightly down on the previous year. The committee believes that is due to the general malaise surrounding the team but we would still encourage all members to come along with their guests and be entertained by our speakers. I would also like to mention our new caterers Azure, who under the watchful eye of Graham Pacitti, have raised the bar considerably in terms of food and service.

Once again Craig Gordon was voted our Player of The Year. The runners up were Christophe Berra and Andy Driver. Andy is now one of our sponsored players along with Deividas Cesnauskis.

Our other guests have included Stevie Frail, John Murray and Darren Murray from the coaching side, members of the first team squad and charitable team (no pun intended), former Hearts legend Donald Ford and our first Hibee, Aiden Smith. We were also pleased the Gretna owner Brooks Mileson was able to attend one of our dinners to recognise the special relationship that developed between the two clubs at the 2006 Cup Final. In a first for The Association we were delighted to have as our guests? three members of the Under 19 squad- Ryan McGowan, Jonathan Stewart and Haraldur Bjornsson. All three were a real credit to themselves and the Club and we will watch their progress with considerable interest.

All of our speakers have remarked on the warm welcome they have received from our members and guests. It is a reputation that has been established over a number of years and undoubtedly helps to attract high quality speakers to our events. The committee would like to thank all the regular attendees who have helped to raise funds for good causes associated with Hearts and made the meetings such a success. Special thanks must also go to the growing number of members who are now contributing prizes for the monthly raffle. Particular mention should go to Odeon Cinema who regularly donate two pairs of tickets. Not only is the donation of prizes a generous gesture it also ensures that we are able to plough more money back into the good causes The Association supports. We would also like to thank Lochinvar Windows who have once again sponsored the production costs of our membership cards.

I would also like to thank once again the members of the Committee who give up so much of their free time to help organise the meetings and represent The Association at other group meetings. We now have tried and tested formula for organising the Thursday dinners and special thanks needs to go to Secretary Frank Gray and Treasurer Bill Alves along with his wife Sandra. A great deal of work goes on behind the scenes, most of which goes unnoticed, to ensure that it is always all right on the night. Without their hard work and commitment throughout the year The Association would not function as successfully as we have all come to expect. It is all done on a voluntary basis and it is to their credit that they have been prepared to give up so much of their free time in the interests of Hearts. Our other members of the committee are Rab Currie, Lisa Paterson, Derek Ormiston, Ron Smart and Bob Weir who all help to ensure the evenings are a success. It is worth noting that Rab was heavily involved in organising our first Race Night. Not only was it a highly enjoyable occasion it was also our single most successful fund raising event.

I would like to end with one final message to Mr Romanov. Can you cast your mind back to the time immediately after you acquired shares in Hearts. Supporters sang your name from the stands after you confirmed that Hearts would remain at Tynecastle. The team was performing well, then out of the blue you shot yourself in the foot by taking decisions that you have never been able to fully explain or justify to the supporters. It may seem disingenuous to say this after our support for your plans to redevelop the stadium but it has to be said. We were asked to Believe in your master plan but instead of providing success on the field you have delivered mediocrity through your meddling and interference with all aspects of the team. Towards the end of 2007 it was apparent that team spirit was appalling and Hearts were beginning to resemble the Scotland national team under Berti Vogts where good players couldn?t care less about playing for the jersey.

However, as part of the healing process, we may be prepared to put all of this in the past if you are genuine about appointing a new manager who will have overall authority on all aspects of coaching, tactics and team selection. We have already seen the progress that respected and experienced management teams have been able to achieve with the national team and our hope is that a new manager will have a similar level of success at Hearts. Clearly he will have to get the players to gel together to provide a performance that is superior to the sum of the parts and that may take time.

Under the previous state of affairs you were in danger of at best devaluing, or at worst destroying, the very business you were trying to develop. Who knows, it is possible, that in future supporters will once again start singing your name from the stands. When that day comes around you will know that the supporters are beginning the process of welcoming you back into our Hearts community.

Hearts supporters have shown great loyalty to the club but their patience was severely tested throughout 2007. We have always wanted to Believe and we want you to succeed, not only with Hearts, but with your plans to develop a profitable business in Edinburgh. We are pleased that you have finally had a wee word with yourself.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

GMAN

I do not know how any so called Hearts fan could read that statement and take issue with any of it.

All you moaners out there, some advice:

READ a document before you pass judgment.

Our other guests have included Stevie Frail, John Murray and Darren Murray from the coaching side, members of the first team squad and charitable team (no pun intended), former Hearts legend Donald Ford and our first Hibee, Aiden Smith. We were also pleased the Gretna owner Brooks Mileson was able to attend one of our dinners to recognise the special relationship that developed between the two clubs at the 2006 Cup Final. In a first for The Association we were delighted to have as our guests? three members of the Under 19 squad- Ryan McGowan, Jonathan Stewart and Haraldur Bjornsson. All three were a real credit to themselves and the Club and we will watch their progress with considerable interest.

All of our speakers have remarked on the warm welcome they have received from our members and guests. It is a reputation that has been established over a number of years and undoubtedly helps to attract high quality speakers to our events. The committee would like to thank all the regular attendees who have helped to raise funds for good causes associated with Hearts and made the meetings such a success. Special thanks must also go to the growing number of members who are now contributing prizes for the monthly raffle. Particular mention should go to Odeon Cinema who regularly donate two pairs of tickets. Not only is the donation of prizes a generous gesture it also ensures that we are able to plough more money back into the good causes The Association supports. We would also like to thank Lochinvar Windows who have once again sponsored the production costs of our membership cards.

I would also like to thank once again the members of the Committee who give up so much of their free time to help organise the meetings and represent The Association at other group meetings. We now have tried and tested formula for organising the Thursday dinners and special thanks needs to go to Secretary Frank Gray and Treasurer Bill Alves along with his wife Sandra. A great deal of work goes on behind the scenes, most of which goes unnoticed, to ensure that it is always all right on the night. Without their hard work and commitment throughout the year The Association would not function as successfully as we have all come to expect. It is all done on a voluntary basis and it is to their credit that they have been prepared to give up so much of their free time in the interests of Hearts. Our other members of the committee are Rab Currie, Lisa Paterson, Derek Ormiston, Ron Smart and Bob Weir who all help to ensure the evenings are a success. It is worth noting that Rab was heavily involved in organising our first Race Night. Not only was it a highly enjoyable occasion it was also our single most successful fund raising event.

I would like to end with one final message to Mr Romanov. Can you cast your mind back to the time immediately after you acquired shares in Hearts. Supporters sang your name from the stands after you confirmed that Hearts would remain at Tynecastle. The team was performing well, then out of the blue you shot yourself in the foot by taking decisions that you have never been able to fully explain or justify to the supporters. It may seem disingenuous to say this after our support for your plans to redevelop the stadium but it has to be said. We were asked to Believe in your master plan but instead of providing success on the field you have delivered mediocrity through your meddling and interference with all aspects of the team. Towards the end of 2007 it was apparent that team spirit was appalling and Hearts were beginning to resemble the Scotland national team under Berti Vogts where good players couldn?t care less about playing for the jersey.

However, as part of the healing process, we may be prepared to put all of this in the past if you are genuine about appointing a new manager who will have overall authority on all aspects of coaching, tactics and team selection. We have already seen the progress that respected and experienced management teams have been able to achieve with the national team and our hope is that a new manager will have a similar level of success at Hearts. Clearly he will have to get the players to gel together to provide a performance that is superior to the sum of the parts and that may take time.

Under the previous state of affairs you were in danger of at best devaluing, or at worst destroying, the very business you were trying to develop. Who knows, it is possible, that in future supporters will once again start singing your name from the stands. When that day comes around you will know that the supporters are beginning the process of welcoming you back into our Hearts community.

Hearts supporters have shown great loyalty to the club but their patience was severely tested throughout 2007. We have always wanted to Believe and we want you to succeed, not only with Hearts, but with your plans to develop a profitable business in Edinburgh. We are pleased that you have finally had a wee word with yourself.

Why do these guys always blow it with daft wee digs (usually right at the end) that are not needed or helpful?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Why do these guys always blow it with daft wee digs (usually right at the end) that are not needed or helpful?

So, after READING it that is the worse thing you can find in it?

Absolutely nothing wrong with the bit at the end.

Looks like you are now grasping at straws.

gowans,another faceless wonder,i would love to find out what he has contributed to the club in the past few years,i would bet its not too much,

the timeing wasnt that clever either,the day after we get some good news,

a fans group come out and stab the club in the back,you just couldnt make it up.

it was just another bone to chew on. Bottom line...2nd botom of the league...no manger since Rix left (if he ever was in charge) almost 2 years ago. No European football for 2nd year in a row and crowds going down.

Until we get a manager will not believe anything Romanov has to say.

So, after READING it that is the worse thing you can find in it?

Absolutely nothing wrong with the bit at the end.

Looks like you are now grasping at straws.

Eh?

I was just commenting about the digs - didn't say anything else about it.

Don't you agree that when a petty comment is made it reduces the overall effect?

Sub4TiddlerMurray

"I would like to end with one final message to Mr Romanov. Can you cast your mind back to the time immediately after you acquired shares in Hearts. Supporters sang your name from the stands after you confirmed that Hearts would remain at Tynecastle. The team was performing well, then out of the blue you shot yourself in the foot by taking decisions that you have never been able to fully explain or justify to the supporters. It may seem disingenuous to say this after our support for your plans to redevelop the stadium but it has to be said. We were asked to Believe in your master plan but instead of providing success on the field you have delivered mediocrity through your meddling and interference with all aspects of the team. Towards the end of 2007 it was apparent that team spirit was appalling and Hearts were beginning to resemble the Scotland national team under Berti Vogts where good players couldn?t care less about playing for the jersey."

:torture: I wish people like Mr Gowans would use a dictionary to check the meaning before trying to impress with big words. I think he was trying to say disrespectful rather than dishonest.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Eh?

I was just commenting about the digs - didn't say anything else about it.

Don't you agree that when a petty comment is made it reduces the overall effect?

No. Because to me it is not a petty comment. It is just a humorous adjunct to the statement, harmless.

YOU are looking at it as such. Plenty of us dont.

No. Because to me it is not a petty comment. It is just a humorous adjunct to the statement, harmless.

YOU are looking at it as such. Plenty of us dont.

Well I think it's cringeworthy.

Sorry, if you are the author.

:torture:I wish people like Mr Gowans would use a dictionary to check the meaning before trying to impress with big words. I think he was trying to say disrespectful rather than dishonest.

oooh, get her!

Archived