Ricardo Fuller

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

I made this point in another thread but I think it's valid enough to start a different thread on, the point being that Ricardo Fuller was loaned to us for a year, was mainly hit and sometimes miss, we had an option to sign him and didn't and he went elsewhere for a transfer fee from a no-mark club that we had never heard of.

What's the big difference between Ricardo Fuller and Andrius Velicka, if he is sold?

I suppose the difference is Fuller was not owner by the owner of Hearts, which Handy Andy is.

The owner of Hearts who owns another club that the registration is held by. Even before this season, he should have moved to Hearts on contract ala Bendar.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Maybe GA, but then in theory we would have had an asset transfer of, in effect, ?1M from Kaunas to HMFC. Maybe that's people's real problem - that Kaunas are getting the money. Personally, I have no issue with that because they are wrapped up in the UBIG 'family' too.

I suppose the difference is Fuller was not owner by the owner of Hearts, which Handy Andy is.

The owner of Hearts who owns another club that the registration is held by. Even before this season, he should have moved to Hearts on contract ala Bendar.

I think maybe he was offered a contract in the summer but told Vlad to shove it as the wages were no good.Hence why he was punted back to Kaunas for a short spell.Would probably still be there aswell if it was not for the backlash of of boos and jeers Benny got against Hibs.It's also the reason why Velicka will probably jump at the chance to go to Norway as his wages as so bad here compared to others.

The Old Tolbooth

We had the chance of signing Fuller and sadly passed it up (I rated him), however with Velicka, because he is Lithuanian and played for FBK, Vlad gets away with playing these guys for a top Scottish club showcasing their talent for next to no wages.

If he signed Velicka he would need to offer him decent money for him to accept, whilst still showcasing his talent, it doesnt make financial sense to sign him up permanent when he can get away with raping the loan agreement rule for peanuts.

I think maybe he was offered a contract in the summer but told Vlad to shove it as the wages were no good.Hence why he was punted back to Kaunas for a short spell.Would probably still be there aswell if it was not for the backlash of of boos and jeers Benny got against Hibs.It's also the reason why Velicka will probably jump at the chance to go to Norway as his wages as so bad here compared to others.

You are probably right bud, maybe Handy Andy was asking for daft money?

Who knows, but I think that what has annoyed some fans on this one.

I made this point in another thread but I think it's valid enough to start a different thread on, the point being that Ricardo Fuller was loaned to us for a year, was mainly hit and sometimes miss, we had an option to sign him and didn't and he went elsewhere for a transfer fee from a no-mark club that we had never heard of.

What's the big difference between Ricardo Fuller and Andrius Velicka, if he is sold?

You not heard of Preston North End?

He went for ?800,000 and that time the Pieman couldn't have afforded him if they had wanted ?800. Think your comapring apples and pears my friend. Velicka isn't ours just like many others he's a Kaunus player and if Vlad wants to sell him then sell him he will.

Vlad doesn't own Kaunas.

You are probably right bud, maybe Handy Andy was asking for daft money?

Who knows, but I think that what has annoyed some fans on this one.

I can remember it in the press that he had asked for an increase in his wages as a reward for how he was doing.To be fair i don't think it was daft money he was asking for.The guy is on a rubbish wage compared to a hell of alot of players at Hearts.As is said above by JM it is good business by Vlad to keep them on there crap Kaunas wage.

We?ve had him for a year and a bit. Kaunas had him for 8 years or more. Sorry but IMO they deserve the cash.

Geoff Kilpatrick
You not heard of Preston North End?

He went for ?800,000 and that time the Pieman couldn't have afforded him if they had wanted ?800. Think your comapring apples and pears my friend. Velicka isn't ours just like many others he's a Kaunus player and if Vlad wants to sell him then sell him he will.

I was referring to Tivoli Gardens but the principle is the same. And I know that the Hearts board WERE considering signing Fuller before the SPL TV deal broke down. Source: CPR asked the Fans Forum committee as to their opinion of Fuller in February of that year and it was being considered. When SPL TV broke down it was a complete no go.

We?ve had him for a year and a bit. Kaunas had him for 8 years or more. Sorry but IMO they deserve the cash.

When you put it like that, they probably do. However, you can be the spokesman that tells the Hearts fans that.

:P

Drylaw Hearts

Seriously ?

You don't the difference ?

Well let me put you straight Geoff.

1) IIRC Tivoli Gardens wanted around ?700,000 for Fuller - money that neither CPR or we couldn't afford.

Velicka is already owned by our owner, it just so happens it's at another of Clubs from the Pyramid of Pish.

2) Fuller finished the Season with Hearts. He didn't get sent back to TG 3 months from the end of the Season leaving us with no recognised goalscorer.

FBK Kaunas selling Velicka at the moment is not in OUR best interests and that is all I care about.

it is in his best interests.

He has shipped over a dozen Lithuanians here from FBK and not one has left this club for fee.

And apart from Velicka I bet VR has had no offers from any of them either.

He's cashing in and leaving us short.

When players have left in recent years there has more often than not been someone to step and and try and take their place.

Even if Velicka left for ?10million we could not get a replacement for him until after the Season is over.

That is not much cope to me or Hearts.

We are supposed to be at the top of this damn pyramid but it seems to me we are no longer the priority of VR.

Drylaw Hearts

Kaunas deserve the money no matter how long he was there.

He is their player.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Seriously ?

You don't the difference ?

Well let me put you straight Geoff.

1) IIRC Tivoli Gardens wanted around ?700,000 for Fuller - money that neither CPR or we couldn't afford.

Velicka is already owned by our owner, it just so happens it's at another of Clubs from the Pyramid of Pish.

2) Fuller finished the Season with Hearts. He didn't get sent back to TG 3 months from the end of the Season leaving us with no recognised goalscorer.

FBK Kaunas selling Velicka at the moment is not in OUR best interests and that is all I care about.

it is in his best interests.

He has shipped over a dozen Lithuanians here from FBK and not one has left this club for fee.

And apart from Velicka I bet VR has had no offers from any of them either.

He's cashing in and leaving us short.

When players have left in recent years there has more often than not been someone to step and and try and take their place.

Even if Velicka left for ?10million we could not get a replacement for him until after the Season is over.

That is not much cope to me or Hearts.

We are supposed to be at the top of this damn pyramid but it seems to me we are no longer the priority of VR.

1) Please see my previous post. HMFC were considering buying Fuller outright until SPL TV broke down, despite not having tuppence ha'penny to rub together.

Velicka may be 'owned' by Vlad but in essence we are part of the same group of companies, therefore the money will arrive back in UBIG accounts somehow. The bigger question is what Vlad is prepared to spend on us but even if the money isn't lodged in HMFC's accounts for Velicka, that won't change what he will or will not spend.

2) With Fuller playing, we challenged for a European spot till the last few weeks of the season. With Velicka playing, we aren't. Our season is dead. Therefore, there is no need to keep him if we are happy that the value of the player is maximised.

OK, maybe you haven't written this season off and that's fair enough. I have and that's why I'm relaxed about it.

Drylaw Hearts
1) Please see my previous post. HMFC were considering buying Fuller outright until SPL TV broke down, despite not having tuppence ha'penny to rub together.

Velicka may be 'owned' by Vlad but in essence we are part of the same group of companies, therefore the money will arrive back in UBIG accounts somehow. The bigger question is what Vlad is prepared to spend on us but even if the money isn't lodged in HMFC's accounts for Velicka, that won't change what he will or will not spend.

2) With Fuller playing, we challenged for a European spot till the last few weeks of the season. With Velicka playing, we aren't. Our season is dead. Therefore, there is no need to keep him if we are happy that the value of the player is maximised.

OK, maybe you haven't written this season off and that's fair enough. I have and that's why I'm relaxed about it.

With all due respect...

you are the otherside of the World and not handing over your hard earned cash every week to watch this guff so I'm not surprised you are a bit more relaxed about it.

Peter Olivers Army
With all due respect...

you are the otherside of the World and not handing over your hard earned cash every week to watch this guff so I'm not surprised you are a bit more relaxed about it.

May I stand up for the guy as a neutral and say that my ex worked with the guy here until not so long ago.

So , he was handing over his hard-earned dosh, just like you and me.

Libertonian_II
With all due respect...

Geoff is one of the longest serving members of Kickback, and hasn't been away that long. He's more than entitled to his opinion.

Drylaw Hearts
May I stand up for the guy as a neutral and say that my ex worked with the guy here until not so long ago.

Geoff is one of the longest serving members of Kickback, and hasn't been away that long. He's more than entitled to his opinion.

I know who Geoff is and I wasn't having a dig at him.

But it doesn't alter my view that it is easier for him to be relaxed about writing the remainder of this season off when he will not be attending.

For me there is a world of difference. Fuller was on the park 29 times for Hearts, in that time he played one awesome game, scored one fantastic goal, played a total of three exceptional performances, a couple of other half decent performance, the other 20+ games he was a passenger for us. It seems he was the same when he went to Preston, Southhampton, Portsmouth and Ipswich and on that evidence it was a saving grace he moved on. It's great that he is fulfilling his potentional with Stoke, he is fantastic to watch on his game.

Preston were done paying for Fuller. Anyone who buys Velicka will benefit.

Velicka for us has hardly had a bad game.

Libertonian_II
For me there is a world of difference. Fuller was on the park 29 times for Hearts, in that time he played one awesome game, scored one fantastic goal, played a total of three exceptional performances, a couple of other half decent performance, the other 20+ games he was a passenger for us. It seems he was the same when he went to Preston, Southhampton, Portsmouth and Ipswich and on that evidence it was a saving grace he moved on. It's great that he is fulfilling his potentional with Stoke, he is fantastic to watch on his game.

Preston were done paying for Fuller. Anyone who buys Velicka will benefit.

Velicka for us has hardly had a bad game.

Sorry but Fuller was a far better player than Velicka. Velicka has done well this season, but prior to that, his performances were the mixed bag that you ascribe to Fuller. At the beginning of the season when Velicka was despatched back to Lithuania, myself and a lot of others weren't that bothered. Velicka has had some stinkers

Still shouldn't sell him though

Libertonian_II

But it doesn't alter my view that it is easier for him to be relaxed about writing the remainder of this season off when he will not be attending.

I'm relaxed about it, and I will be attending. Just because you happen to be a long way from the action doesn't mean you don't care

Drylaw Hearts
I'm relaxed about it, and I will be attending. Just because you happen to be a long way from the action doesn't mean you don't care

I didn't say he didn't care.

Pure and simple we could not afford the 500k transfer fee that Tivoli Gardens were asking for.

Preston could and they got him.

Glamorgan Jambo
It seems he was the same when he went to Preston, Southhampton, Portsmouth and Ipswich and on that evidence it was a saving grace he moved on. It's great that he is fulfilling his potentional with Stoke, he is fantastic to watch on his game.

Preston were done paying for Fuller. .

Fairly sure Preston made a hefty profit selling Fuller to Portsmouth in Rednap's first spell there.

He was/is 3 times the player Velicka will ever be (I'm fairly sure Velicka's older than him).

Going back to the other point there's no comparison between the situations. There's still a lot to play for this season. Top 6 is still a challenge for this team.

Fairly sure Preston made a hefty profit selling Fuller to Portsmouth in Rednap's first spell there.

He was/is 3 times the player Velicka will ever be (I'm fairly sure Velicka's older than him).

Going back to the other point there's no comparison between the situations. There's still a lot to play for this season. Top 6 is still a challenge for this team.

He has got 14 in the championship already this season.

I was referring to Tivoli Gardens but the principle is the same. And I know that the Hearts board WERE considering signing Fuller before the SPL TV deal broke down. Source: CPR asked the Fans Forum committee as to their opinion of Fuller in February of that year and it was being considered. When SPL TV broke down it was a complete no go.

Geoff ..... we didn't sign Fuller because his previous injuries prohibited an insurance company underwriting any transfer fee..... and we did not have the ready cash to sign the player.

All moves he has had since are clubs taking a "gamble" that they will get their "up front transfer fee's" worth from him.

Great player though.

Sorry but Fuller was a far better player than Velicka. Velicka has done well this season, but prior to that, his performances were the mixed bag that you ascribe to Fuller. At the beginning of the season when Velicka was despatched back to Lithuania, myself and a lot of others weren't that bothered. Velicka has had some stinkers

Still shouldn't sell him though

In terms of simple ability I agree, Fuller is not just a good player he is exceptional. The problem for us was he displayed it on only three out of 29 occasions. In just about every game Velicka has played, in my opinion, he has performed well.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thanks for the support. Who's your ex, BTW?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I've been relaxed about it since the start of the season. I always expect HMFC to disappoint meso when they do, I don't get het up about it! It's easier this way!!

Archived