Inverness accept Hibs Rankin bid

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Inverness accept Hibs Rankin bid

Inverness midfielder John Rankin

Rankin had a three-year spell as a Manchester United trainee

Hibernian have finally agreed a fee with Inverness Caledonian Thistle for midfielder John Rankin, BBC Scotland understands.

The former Manchester United player will now hold personal talks with the Easter Road club.

Both St Mirren and Falkirk had bids rejected for the player and Hibs were twice thwarted.

Should personal terms be finalised, Rankin would become manager Mixu Paatelainen's first signing.

The 24-year-old Rankin had been told that he could find a new club but has recently won himself a regular starting place with the SPL outfit.

And Inverness indicated that they are looking for more than the ?65,000 they paid Ross County for the left-sided player in the summer of 2006.

A move to Easter Road would see Rankin, who still has a year-and-a-half on his contract, reunited with Donald Park, the new assistant manager at Hibs.

Park left the same role at Caley Thistle in November, citing family reasons.

And Paatelainen moved for Park last week when he took over the manager's job at the Edinburgh club.

MY SPORT: DEBATE

He's played the last about 10 games and been one of our best players:rolleyes:

Its easy peasy to beat Letizi?- formerly tomcaleyjag

St Mirren are believed to have approached Inverness with a ?40,000 bid for Rankin, but that was dismissed along with a slightly improved offer.

Rankin began his career at Manchester United but moved to Ross County in 2003, having failed to break through at Old Trafford.

He has netted three goals in 18 appearances this season but was not included in the squad for the Scottish Cup defeat by Hibs on Saturday.

well ,should we be quaking in our boots.:P

skotskosparta

well ,should we be quaking in our boots.:P

I do believe Inverness and Hibs are actually above you in the league and that you have no manager or have not signed any players, so maybe you should rethink that statement!!!!

I do believe Inverness and Hibs are actually above you in the league and that you have no manager or have not signed any players, so maybe you should rethink that statement!!!!

We should not debate this one our board, Skotskosparta said so,

loveofthegame

He's so good Inverness told him he could leave......

Dougie Masterton

Go fourth and multiply.

skotskosparta
We should not debate this one our board, Skotskosparta said so,

I am just adding my opinion, feel free to join in. I give you permission :P

Go fourth and multiply.

OK.

The former Manchester United player will now hold personal talks with the Easter Road club

Well that's that move off then...

Even coming down from carrot-crunching-country, you would expect he'd want more than ?300 a week.

skotskosparta
As a Hobo are you happy with this signing?

Yes.

You can never hace too many squad players, you must know that.

Miller Jambo 60
I do believe Inverness and Hibs are actuallyp above you in the league and that you have no manager or have not signed any players, so maybe you should rethink that statement!!!!

107 coming up china ha ha what a joke the hibs are

This is another step forward in their flair role is it?? They've lost nearly all of their best players and still replacing them with very average players.oops I forgot, mixu will have them playing like Brazil?! I think the Easter RD slope is back and it's sloping downwards for them!!

Yes.

You can never hace too many squad players, you must know that.

If you want more squad players you can take Beniuseless of our hands.

:dribble:

skotskosparta
107 coming up china ha ha what a joke the hibs are

Yip maybe so, not going to lose any sleep over it though.

If you want more squad players you can take Beniuseless of our hands.

:dribble:

He can't be that bad, would you punish him that much?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Never been much of a fan of Hibs.net but it must be especially ripe tonight if 2 Hibs fans see the need to discuss the signing of John Rankin in here. The signing of John Rankin doesnt even register on my radar i must admit. Couldn't really care less. He does smack of a Brian Kerr though if you ask me. And we all know how that worked out. Anyone surplus to requirements at Caley cant be the new Pele.

And another thing. This "you cant talk cos your below us in the league" routine is dull and confusing. On that basis you should have all been silent for the best part of the last 20 years. But of course we all know that hasn't been the case (unfortunatly).

Now nip back to flumps.net. And dont worry too much about Hearts. Because no one in here is in the slightest bit worried about you.

skotskosparta
Never been much of a fan of Hibs.net but it must be especially ripe tonight if 2 Hibs fans see the need to discuss the signing of John Rankin in here. The signing of John Rankin doesnt even register on my radar i must admit. Couldn't really care less. He does smack of a Brian Kerr though if you ask me. And we all know how that worked out. Anyone surplus to requirements at Caley cant be the new Pele.

And another thing. This "you cant talk cos your below us in the league" routine is dull and confusing. On that basis you should have all been silent for the best part of the last 20 years. But of course we all know that hasn't been the case (unfortunatly).

Now nip back to flumps.net. And dont worry too much about Hearts. Because no one in here is in the slightest bit worried about you.

Yet you had to write this to tell me!!

You know you can actually have more than one window open?

Zali Cinnamon

And completely mediocre signings such as this will not get you anywhere above your usual top of the bottom six place.

Unlucky.

The Real Wilson

It will be interesting to see how well he does for them. Should he do well, then it's a good bit of business for the wee team with regards to the price they've paid/recieved for players.

Archived