Rambo

Moriarty

Probably the most brutal film I have ever seen. So violent, especially the end where he gets his hand on a jeep mounted chain gun ;).

****in' a.

Awesome Welles.

Go see it now. I don't care that the dialogue is pish or anything.

The screening tonight got applause.

Awesome.

****in' a.

Awesome Welles.

Awesome.

On a side note, has there actually been a Sly Stallone movie with good dialogue?

I take it you're on about the new one.

Would you recommend it then?

Yes.

The dialogue is Stallone classic (i.e. you can't understand a word) but there is only about 5 minutes of meaningful dialogue in the hour and a half long film ;) if you want gore I can't reccommend it highly enough.

Think of the gore when Robocop gets attacked at the start of the first robocop film. extend that level of gore out for 45 minutes. throw in a sniper rifle and what looks like a small nuclear bomb and you have a real treat ;)

Commander Harris
****in' a.

Awesome Welles.

Awesome.

seriously? applause? can't remember the last time I was in a cinema and folk actually applauded.

Coburg Hearts
I would recommend it also. Not a great story, but non stop action when it starts. Would watch it again.

:)

Love your signature..........it encapsulates events at Parkhead last week in a nutshell.

CH

seriously? applause? can't remember the last time I was in a cinema and folk actually applauded.

I know. There was a group of 8 guys at the front dressed as Rambo, doing somersaults and pretending to shoot people before it started, and when they came back from the toilet/drinks/etc. And they weren't even the ones who started the clapping!

It was surreal but great.

****in' a.

Awesome Welles.

Awesome.

Patter thief.

:P

nanananananana-angus

Saw it a few weeks ago and loved it.It doesn't pull any punches in it's portrayal of the brutal Burmese Militarys' treatment of the Karen people. Rambo dishing out justice on the 50 calibre was a scream.

Best quote of the film was "come ahead ya feckin ladyboy c u next time" by the obnoxious SAS guy.Excellent.

On a side note, has there actually been a Sly Stallone movie with good dialogue?

Copland. An excellent film and a proof that Stallone can act very well.

Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot! That this overlooked comedy classic didn't receive an Oscar is the biggest scandal in Hollywood history.

Rambo was awesome.... It is so brutal, some of the scenes are pretty graphic but a great film...does the previous films proud

BoJack Horseman

Just back from it. It was epic.

50cal sequence was immense. Never seen gore like it, not even in 'slasher' movies.

Definitley go see it if you're into boys getting maimed.

Yup. Managed to grab it online last month. Real good. Brutally violent and dealt with the Burmese situation well. Mental to think that happens and nobody seems to give a feck about it. Doesn't get the media attention that Darfur or other genocide atrocities generate. Not sure though about Rambo and how the whole Vietnam vet thing from the earlier movies works with today. Don't think anybody gives a crap about Vietnam but I suppose you could push it forward to the Gulf wars and associate it with that or simply see it as him removing himself from the world before being kicked back into it. Liked the addition of the UK characters though, took away the USA, USA, USA and focussed it squarely on Rambo without the bravado of a purely Hollywood movie.....though possibly to do with the difficulties Stallone had of getting it into production and a finger to the money men in LA?

Stallone wrote that, directed it too, same with all the Rocky / Rambos. Bet ya never knew he wrote and directed "Staying Alive" aswell. The sequel to the Bee Gee love fest of "Saturday Night Fever". If I remember correctly he is also a trained dancer. Who'd have thunked it eh!

Archived