CD Tenerife

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Has anyone been to see them when they've been over there? I'm heading out for some winter sun and hopefully a bit of surfing in Late October and they're due to play Xerez at home when I'm there. Happy days, looking forward to taking in a La Liga game - just gutted a barca or real madrid game didn't coincide with my trip.

So, was wondering if anyone had been, what the atmosphere was like and so on...Also wondering about tickets and whether I'd need to sort them before I head out.

The Stadium looks cool enough.

800px-TenerifeRealSociedad08.jpg

Hearts of Vladland
Has anyone been to see them when they've been over there? I'm heading out for some winter sun and hopefully a bit of surfing in Late October and they're due to play Xerez at home when I'm there. Happy days, looking forward to taking in a La Liga game - just gutted a barca or real madrid game didn't coincide with my trip.

So, was wondering if anyone had been, what the atmosphere was like and so on...Also wondering about tickets and whether I'd need to sort them before I head out.

Off-topic but is that Suso old team, he was on loan to another team though?

Suso played for AD Laguna in 2005 and after a fine season in the Third Division, Suso moved to the then second level side, CD Tenerife, in 2006. In 2007-08, he was loaned to CD Raqui San Isidro in the Third Division and then last season, he remained in the third tier scoring 9 goals in 30 games for UD Fuerteventura.

Suso played for AD Laguna in 2005 and after a fine season in the Third Division, Suso moved to the then second level side, CD Tenerife, in 2006. In 2007-08, he was loaned to CD Raqui San Isidro in the Third Division and then last season, he remained in the third tier scoring 9 goals in 30 games for UD Fuerteventura.

sounds more like a list of hotels

The People's Chimp

Can't believe that no one on here has taken in a game when they've been on holiday.

Fwiw there is a post on a tenerife fan's site about suso saying he always did well when he played for them.

Can't believe that no one on here has taken in a game when they've been on holiday.

Fwiw there is a post on a tenerife fan's site about suso saying he always did well when he played for them.

too busy having fun mate

When I was younger I went to two games.

It is a decent wee ground with a pub a stones throw from the ground which I think may be owned by British folk (probably wrong).

Ticket wise we knew a restaurant owner in Los Gigantes (other side of the Island) who was a big fan so manged to score tickets of him. But neither occcasion was a sell-out.

Although they have a lot of season ticket holders this season so not sure the ticket situation at the moment. But I'm sure if you ask around you may get a ticket.

I would like to be more help but it was a god 6 or 7 years ago when I went.

The People's Chimp
too busy having fun mate

Wow. legend. You are obviously the ultimate party boy.

ballon_hat_party_boy_card-p1370554482239510563f1a_400.jpg

When I was younger I went to two games.

It is a decent wee ground with a pub a stones throw from the ground which I think may be owned by British folk (probably wrong).

Ticket wise we knew a restaurant owner in Los Gigantes (other side of the Island) who was a big fan so manged to score tickets of him. But neither occcasion was a sell-out.

Although they have a lot of season ticket holders this season so not sure the ticket situation at the moment. But I'm sure if you ask around you may get a ticket.

I would like to be more help but it was a god 6 or 7 years ago when I went.

Cheers mate, should be a good laugh with a few beers thrown in.

Went to a game last season with the Armada sur. They are an x pat supporters club based in the Toby jug pub in Los Christianos.They have a website and can sort out tickets & travel even on the day of the game.

Broxburn Jambo
Went to a game last season with the Armada sur. They are an x pat supporters club based in the Toby jug pub in Los Christianos.They have a website and can sort out tickets & travel even on the day of the game.

I went on 13th Sep with armada sur to see them play Osusuna, they won 2-1 and the atmosphere was great, the bus even stops for a beer on the way there even though the journey is only about 60 odd Kms.

Do it you will have a great time. take a hat there is very little shade.

Took in a game in Riga,Latvia. Great time. we were the only ones getting invovled and the fourth official was too embarrassed to come out the dug out as we applauded his every move ( subs and extra time ) Beer served by a crackin look bird from a trolly( draught).

I'm booking into a Hotel next door to that stadium in February, canny wait for a bit of winter sun and, with a bit of luck, Tenerife might have a home game on while i'm there.

Yoo can walk up buy tickets, best do it day before, its league rules that tickets are made for the general public. Playing new boys Xerez should be alot tickets.

:)

Where is the stadium about? I usually go to Las Americas or Los Cristianos but have day tripped to Santa Cruz a few times and pretty sure I have seen the stadium while passing through?? I know they have a club shop there but not sure of anything else?

Where is the stadium about? I usually go to Las Americas or Los Cristianos but have day tripped to Santa Cruz a few times and pretty sure I have seen the stadium while passing through?? I know they have a club shop there but not sure of anything else?

The Hotel i'm booking into is next door to it, i'm going to Playa de las Americas.

Seen CD Tenerife play but it was at the Nou Camp.Barca beat them 2-0 Saviola scored a cracker got the ball on the touchline in his own half and ran right through before slotting home.They only had about 50 fans there underneath the scoreboard and although they were never in the game they still didn't stop singing it was also lashing down with rain the whole game.

Worthing Jambo
The Hotel i'm booking into is next door to it, i'm going to Playa de las Americas.

Tenerife don't play in Playa. There is a stadium in Playa but only for the local team

They play in Santa Cruz in the North, about 3/4 hr by car.

Best bet sounds like the supporters bus mentioned.

I went a few years ago when they had started re-building the stadium. I was in the old wooden stand behind the goals.

They sold bags of toilet rolls outside the ground and inside there were sunflower seed shells everywhere!!

A lot of the fans are ex-pat mainland Spanish who have Tenerife as their second team.

I would imagine season ticket sales go through the roof when they get into the top division as a result.

Tenerife don't play in Playa. There is a stadium in Playa but only for the local team

They play in Santa Cruz in the North, about 3/4 hr by car.

Best bet sounds like the supporters bus mentioned.

I went a few years ago when they had started re-building the stadium. I was in the old wooden stand behind the goals.

They sold bags of toilet rolls outside the ground and inside there were sunflower seed shells everywhere!!

A lot of the fans are ex-pat mainland Spanish who have Tenerife as their second team.

I would imagine season ticket sales go through the roof when they get into the top division as a result.

My girlfriend's parents live in Tenerife and we were out there this summer. I seem to recall an article in the local press saying that the queue for season tickets for this year was hours long and that some fans even camped over night.

As has already been mentioned, the football club play in the capital Santa Cruz which is around 45 mins drive away from Play De Las Americas and Los Christianos. The best bet for getting tickets and travel to the game is the Armada Sur, the south of the Island supporters club who have a sizeable number of British ex-pat's amongst their number. Their website is on the link below.

http://www.armadasur.com/cd-tenerife-football-supporters-club/

Archived