The New Seekers

Deek

For those to young, they were a huge, "Happy Folk Pop" band in the early seventies. There best known song was probably "I'd like to teach the world to sing". Which became the Coca Cola theme for an advert.

They also represented Britian in Eurovision (Cheese).

The main singer of the band was called Eve Graham from Perth. What got me thinking about her was my Uncle used to go out with her in the early sixties. He is dead now so I dont know how far he got. :)

But I decised to look her up on the internet and she has her own "Forum" with 290 registered users. That is almost as much as Hobos.net FFS.

http://www.evegraham.com/phpBB2/

She is now 65 and here is a recent photograph of her.

img002.jpg

Still a cracking looking woman.

Finally here are the New Seekers singing at Eurovision. We used to be good at Eurovision you know.

Is that the Usher Hall then?

What the male singing combo of the same era who did the Give Blood adverts in the 70's? I have a picture in my head of them all in big wooly jumpers! They might have been from Liverpool...

What the male singing combo of the same era who did the Give Blood adverts in the 70's? I have a picture in my head of them all in big wooly jumpers! They might have been from Liverpool...

You may be thinking of the Spinners.

For those to young, they were a huge, "Happy Folk Pop" band in the early seventies. There best known song was probably "I'd like to teach the world to sing". Which became the Coca Cola theme for an advert.

They also represented Britian in Eurovision (Cheese).

The main singer of the band was called Eve Graham from Perth. What got me thinking about her was my Uncle used to go out with her in the early sixties. He is dead now so I dont know how far he got. :)

But I decised to look her up on the internet and she has her own "Forum" with 290 registered users. That is almost as much as Hobos.net FFS.

http://www.evegraham.com/phpBB2/

She is now 65 and here is a recent photograph of her.

img002.jpg

Still a cracking looking woman.

Finally here are the New Seekers singing at Eurovision. We used to be good at Eurovision you know.

Wow, I think Eve is my very first "GILF", and I thought they never really existed.

Got to be honest Deek, your uncle was a lucky man. Even if they just held hands and sang soppy songs to each other.

Archived