Health Nazis want to ban smoking outside pubs!

CompleteIdiot

CompleteIdiot
Council sparks fury as it becomes first in Britain to ban smoking outside pubs

By April, smokers in Barnsley, South Yorkshire may find there are few places where they can light up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=517455

Whoosh!

That was the sound of freedom disappearing in the UK.

if everybody stopped drinking and smoking and didnt drive their cars for one month the country would go bankrupt, and how the hell would we beable to pay pensions if everyone lived to 100

Because they are intent on inflicting their disgusting habit on everyone. For example, they can't smoke inside so they bale out to the nearest bus shelter. A bus shelter is an enclosed space under the legislation yet they still light up.

I can and do tell them to stop, but little old ladies and kids don't have the same powers of persuasion. :mad:

The sooner smoking becomes like sex - something to be had behind closed doors - the better.

Prince Buaben

The sooner smoking becomes like sex - something to be had behind closed doors - the better.

All depends on preferences...;)

All depends on preferences...;)

I'll keep setting them up, you keep telling them. ;)

I think unless you've been a smoker you will never understand how good certain fags can be! I have been off them for 14 months and am totally glad of the fact however,i also know how good some fags are,eg first one of the day,after a flight ,after a meal,after a match etc,etc,!

CompleteIdiot

Would you apply the same logic to inconsiderate bigots that insist on forcing me to be downstream from the filthy bile they bellow out?

CompleteIdiot
if everybody stopped drinking and smoking and didnt drive their cars for one month the country would go bankrupt, and how the hell would we beable to pay pensions if everyone lived to 100

Simple. Import more foreigners to pay more tax. That's the Nu Labour solution anyway.

CompleteIdiot
100% agree.

So on what scientific basis are smokers selfish? Do you have the results of a validated psychometric test that you wish to share? Would like you to admit that the point is spurious speculation?

Would you apply the same logic to inconsiderate bigots that insist on forcing me to be downstream from the filthy bile they bellow out?

Why do you sit in the home sections when we go to the Tattie Dome? :eek: :eek: :eek:

As an ex smoker I agree. It is absolutely pointless. :cool:

It's so funny how you get wound up by the responses when you know what the response is going to be before you start the thread.

It was pretty obvious that someone was going to come on and take the opposite viewpoint and try and wind you up, but you never seem to see it coming and you're always outraged.

And whilst I am on your side when it comes to debates on sectarianism, your attempt to turn your own thread into a flag debate within 12 posts is quite frankly laughable.

It's so funny how you get wound up by the responses when you know what the response is going to be before you start the thread.

It was pretty obvious that someone was going to come on and take the opposite viewpoint and try and wind you up, but you never seem to see it coming and you're always outraged.

And whilst I am on your side when it comes to debates on sectarianism, your attempt to turn your own thread into a flag debate within 12 posts is quite frankly laughable.

Shhhhhhhh always remember the golden rule ..... CompleteIdiot is always right!! (at least in his eyes).

Hell! He can even KO Floyd Mayweather and justify that statement when questioned about it ;)

Anyone who can't hack a bit of smoking should get checked out for a bad case of the gays.

Oh the irony. :)

I know. Jizz doesn't half curdle the lungs.

Have to agree with that. Don't want the PC brigade jumping down my throat.

Fnarr fnarr

temper-tantrum.jpg

CompleteIdiot

I can't believe people are taking me this seriously. :eek:

Spitonastranger

stop going to illegal wars, lining their own pockets, proper tax levels on the rich, company fraud, etc etc etc:confused:

I enjoy the odd cigarette on a night out but make sure I'm a distance away from anyone who doesn't smoke. Seems fair.

In a live and let live world that would be fair.

However, now the scales have tipped in the favour of the anti smoking lobby I fully expect them to go all out to impose their opinion on everyone ie a ban on smoking in public then an outright ban.

Non smokers might say "so what?" but be warned, and the signs are already there, drink and food are also in their sights. Also lots of chat from the health lobby to have the right to refuse treatment to those they consider to have an innapropriate lifestyle.

CompleteIdiot
In a live and let live world that would be fair.

However, now the scales have tipped in the favour of the anti smoking lobby I fully expect them to go all out to impose their opinion on everyone ie a ban on smoking in public then an outright ban.

Non smokers might say "so what?" but be warned, and the signs are already there, drink and food are also in their sights. Also lots of chat from the health lobby to have the right to refuse treatment to those they consider to have an innapropriate lifestyle.

That's the way the health fascists work. You give them an inch and they do take a mile.

In the USA, a barometer of the political weather to come here in the UK, a bill was recently put before the Mississippi house (parliament) that would have outlawed fat people being served in restaurants.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/03/wobese103.xml

Do people really want a society regulated as much as this? It looks like a modern eugenics movement to me.

I can't believe people are taking me this seriously. :eek:

As below: It would seem you really are that serious.

(EDIT: Oh Oh: I seen you posted the above quote at 3:13am; I feel we may have another Mayweather debacle again ..........)

That's the way the health fascists work. You give them an inch and they do take a mile.

In the USA, a barometer of the political weather to come here in the UK, a bill was recently put before the Mississippi house (parliament) that would have outlawed fat people being served in restaurants.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/03/wobese103.xml

Do people really want a society regulated as much as this? It looks like a modern eugenics movement to me.

Archived