Rangers look to bring in Dailly

bil

Thing he will be a cracking guy to have in a squad with a hell of a lot of games to play. Reliable in several positions, and an excellent professional who the younger guys will get a lot of help from. Exactly the sort of dressing room figure we are lacking since Elvis left. Excellent short term signing.

would take him in a milisecond.

100% in agreement, he`s certainly the type of player who could help our ***** defence out right now, he`d do a good job short term.

exactly the player we should be buying..a fantastic short term signing IMO

He is 34 so still has 2 years left in him. He has not signed for Rangers yet and he might like a longer contract.

Victor Meldrew

I like the way the report says he's considered to be the ideal replacement for Ehiogu. Would that be the same Ehiogu who has played once this season?

Welcome to the Old Firm Bench Christian.

Thing he will be a cracking guy to have in a squad with a hell of a lot of games to play. Reliable in several positions, and an excellent professional who the younger guys will get a lot of help from. Exactly the sort of dressing room figure we are lacking since Elvis left. Excellent short term signing.

spot on. Im sure i read he's one of the few players who doesnt even have an agent, which to me indicates he's very professional (or just wants all the signing on fees for himself :P) not only that but can play anywhere across the back 4 and in the holding midfield position. Looks fit as a fiddle still as well.

spot on. Im sure i read he's one of the few players who doesnt even have an agent, which to me indicates he's very professional (or just wants all the signing on fees for himself :P) not only that but can play anywhere across the back 4 and in the holding midfield position. Looks fit as a fiddle still as well.

Aye, certainly one of the more intelligent footballer's thats for sure !!

A guy that wears his heart on his sleeve too :

Aye, certainly one of the more intelligent footballer's thats for sure !!

A guy that wears his heart on his sleeve too :

:thumb:

wouldnt surprise me if he became a decent coach/manager when he retires, lets make him player manager!!

True legend. Apparently he's not sure about the move to Raners as his family is settled in the South East.

Would walk into our current defense and could probably take the captain's arm-band with it...

Agree. Can't see him coming though, especially if he's not even convinced about a move to Rangers.

Rudolf's Mate
He would do a decent job in the SPL.

He'd do a better job as a butcher or an assasin. The man only knows how to chop people in half!

There was a few posters saying the same thing,Walter.

Webster's injury problems must be worse than first thought eh!

:rolleyes:

There's nothing wrong with him - he's just got Sir David Flu!

Wait until the court case is sorted out, and watch him miraculously recover!

pretty sure Dailly is one of Pressley's best mates in the game so would be surprised if he touched any offer from us with the proverbial bargepole...not that it's gonna happen anyway.

It's maybe a real sign that Webster is not going to be the player he was following his knee injury. If they were so confident that he was going to make a full recovery and be back playing soon - why sign another centre back?

Never rated Dailly and I sincerely doubt his chances of getting into their team as there seems to be no way that Weir and Cuellar will get put out of the team. Though Dailly should not be criticised for his age as he is only 34... Davie Weir is a fixture in the Rangers team at 37.

:eek:

OK, I expected him to be popular :biggrin:

He's got heart but IMO he may just be the worst player ever to regularly* pull on a Scotland jersey - someone with plenty of athleticism but no footballing ability whatsoever.

*as opposed to one or two caps and then discarded for being crap.

I think he could easily do a job for us in the SPL. I know he's had a reputation as being crap, but you don't get as many caps as he's got and play as many games in England as he's done if you're rubbish. I think he's one of those guys who's quietly effective and can play in a number of positions so never really gets the plaudits.

Apparently the Huns are offering him a 6 month loan deal with a view to an extension (same deal as Weir got) but he's obviously not keen on moving if its only a short initial deal.

Assuming the wages aren't silly, I'd take him in our team, no questions asked. He's a low-risk signing, better than bringing in more players who are unproven in the British game.

Archived