Police incident in Musselburgh

red21

Anyone know why the road at the side of the Shell garage in Musselburgh is closed off? Police with the white suits on and a tent thing set up earlier on.

badly drawn boy
Anyone know why the road at the side of the Shell garage in Musselburgh is closed off? Police with the white suits on and a tent thing set up earlier on.

Red it is/was falling masonry

portobellojambo1
Good. It's about time the funny handshake brigade were brought to their knees.

And why would that be.

That's the street I stay in and it was me that phoned the polis and council. Slabs of masonry were falling off the roof at Harbour court due to the lead that was covering them being damaged. Some masonry hit a guy's van. There's a few slabs that remain unstable and until the weather settles down the council can't secure it.

I only missed it by a few minutes as i had been coming back from Lidils :eek:

I think you will find it was two different incidents. I cant see a police forensic team called out to deal with falling masonary.:rolleyes:

I think you will find it was two different incidents. I cant see a police forensic team called out to deal with falling masonary.:rolleyes:

Only if it is the local lodge involved.;)

Haven't seen any tents or forensics about here. Maybe the op is talking pish?

badly drawn boy
It's only Musselburgh. Does anyone really care ?

Bit controversial crutch , you had a bad experience in the Honest toun

Bit controversial crutch , you had a bad experience in the Honest toun

Nah. I was just being annoying. I do it well. :rolleyes:

Good. It's about time the funny handshake brigade were brought to their knees.

Enlighten me as to why?

I have family links to the Masons.

CompleteIdiot
Enlighten me as to why?

I have family links to the Masons.

I wasn't being serious. It's not my cup of tea though.

Jambojohnnyboy
It would be SOCO:Musselburgh....

Ok, you have your TV schedule in front of you it says - CSI:Musselburgh, you're gonna watch, it says SOCO:Musselburgh, you're gonna think, oh a guy with a sock puppet is on TV!!!

badly drawn boy
That's the street I stay in and it was me that phoned the polis and council. Slabs of masonry were falling off the roof at Harbour court due to the lead that was covering them being damaged. Some masonry hit a guy's van. There's a few slabs that remain unstable and until the weather settles down the council can't secure it.

I only missed it by a few minutes as i had been coming back from Lidils :eek:

HI Jac -i have the offices at the front of the flats on the corner -was not aware a van had been hit -did the masonry jump when it toppled :hae36:

HI Jac -i have the offices at the front of the flats on the corner -was not aware a van had been hit -did the masonry jump when it toppled :hae36:

Not really sure what happened as it was the workman (the owner of the van) that knocked on my door to tell me that our/or harbour court's roof masonry was coming down and hitting cars. Went down to have a look and it seemed that a small part of masonry had damaged his bonnet. Not too sure whether it was a piece from the slab that's lying on the pavement or if it was a different part altogether. I wasn't hanging around to examine what pieces were what. :eek:

There's usually a Porsche parked out there. Luckily the guy must have parked it elsewhere.

You can actually see there's 2 or 3 more slabs ready to come down.

Also, just to warn you, it seems the whole of Harbour Rd and Court are to have their roofs examined and it's going to cost. :(

Were there any TV crews there - could be that new spin off - CSI Musselburgh

It wouldn't work though.

Everyone would be a suspect as the DNA evidence would be, well, inconclusive..:rolleyes:

Jambojohnnyboy
It wouldn't work though.

Everyone would be a suspect as the DNA evidence would be, well, inconclusive..:rolleyes:

And there in lies the mystery......you get a series out of it rather than an episode.:hae36:

And there in lies the mystery......you get a series out of it rather than an episode.:hae36:

I suppose. Sort of CSI meets The League of Gentlemen.:P

badly drawn boy
Not really sure what happened as it was the workman (the owner of the van) that knocked on my door to tell me that our/or harbour court's roof masonry was coming down and hitting cars. Went down to have a look and it seemed that a small part of masonry had damaged his bonnet. Not too sure whether it was a piece from the slab that's lying on the pavement or if it was a different part altogether. I wasn't hanging around to examine what pieces were what. :eek:

There's usually a Porsche parked out there. Luckily the guy must have parked it elsewhere.

You can actually see there's 2 or 3 more slabs ready to come down.

Also, just to warn you, it seems the whole of Harbour Rd and Court are to have their roofs examined and it's going to cost. :(

The guy parks it wherever he can get a space ;)

It wouldn't work though.

Just found this.. still laughing. You obviously know Mussie well. ;)

Just found this.. still laughing. You obviously know Mussie well. ;)

Grrr, bloody toonies with their trams and homosexuality and everything.

Mind you I'm a Cockenzie man now.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Grrr, bloody toonies with their trams and homosexuality and everything.

Mind you I'm a Cockenzie man now.

Port Seton is where its at!;)

Why grown men want to roll up their trousers legs, expose their left breast and wear a pinny is beyond me. It is all about getting a cheap pint at the end of the day. A bit like the old Tartan Club at Fountainbridge but with fewer desperate auld terts. Those were the days :P

Archived