Gazza

Ryan Gosling

great player in his day ....

wife beater of it ....

hope he rots in hell .....

A refreshingly balanced response to a man being treated for mental illness.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Massive shame, one of the few players I actually respected.

Why?

He is a wife beating ******. Great footballer, far from being a great man.

total shame.... obviously had control issues... hope he can pull things together..

Shame he wrecked our diddy cup final experience!

Why?

He is a wife beating ******. Great footballer, far from being a great man.

RESPECTED????? A lout,wife beater.

Should have added, respected as a player.

great player in his day ....

wife beater of it ....

hope he rots in hell .....

Nice one.

(mod edit)

Not nice to hear especially since he has mental health issues.

Gazza held after hotel incident

Former England footballer Paul Gascoigne has been detained under the Mental Health Act following an incident at a hotel in Newcastle.

Northumbria Police said a 40-year-old man was detained following an incident of disorderly behaviour at the Malmaison Hotel early on Wednesday.

Officers later visited Mr Gascoigne at Gateshead's Hilton Hotel after concerns were raised about his behaviour.

Police said he was not in custody and was now receiving medical treatment.

From the BBC, doesn't really say much about it.

I know a bloke with a severly handicapped little girl. Gazza happened to be in a pub when he was holding a fund raising charity event to buy some equipment to help with her care. Gazza approached him, arranged a Sky televised pro-am golf tournament and raised tons of cash,including a load of his own. Also involved were a few politicians and other football players, many of them regularly slated by the British press, and they all gave up their own time and, in most cases, a lot of cash for this event which he organsied. Last I heard he regularly popped in with with expensive gifts. My Point? don't always believe the press! A lot of these people do a lot of good work and are normal whilst the press are a bunch of headline making *******s

I have no sympathy for anyone that inflicts violence on a woman. :mad:

What goes around comes around and all that.

No sympathy for the wife beating waste of space, wonder if we'll see his best mates Chris and Danny offering comfort and support in his time of need.

No sympathy for the wife beating waste of space, wonder if we'll see his best mates Chris and Danny offering comfort and support in his time of need.

Who?

Guest Dipped Flake
Who?

Chris Evans (can't remember who the Danny was, some comedian). They had great fun with Gazza, taking him oiut and getting him ****ed (not that he needed much encouragement) and then dumped him when he went off the rails. I used to hate him when he played for the gers or england and detest guys who batter women but he is obviously mentally ill so can't bring myself to wish him any harm

p.s Danny Baker I think it was

I have no sympathy for anyone that inflicts violence on a woman. :mad:

What goes around comes around and all that.

Maybe it came around in the first place because he was mentally ill even then. The guy had it all and lost it, maybe his behaviour then was symptomatic of his problems rather than the full picture.

can't remember who the Danny was

danny baker

calling him a comedian is like calling geri halliwell a singer!

i have to admit laughing a lot at them crating him up before one of the tournies, can't remembver if it was the WC or the euros

could always send himself up.

never had much time for him as a person, but liked watching him play. his tears will always make me smile

Nelly Terraces

A total fool surrounded my total psychophants, hangers on, and general pondlife (Evans and Baker tick all 3 boxes).

That makes it all ok then. All is forgiven Paul ya cheeky little wife beating chappie.

That's not what Russ was saying, and you know that fine well.

Commander Harris

while I don't condone any despicable acts he has done in the past I do have sympathy for anyone suffering from such problems. Hope he recovers soon.

Walter Bishop

The guy was a Genius, plain and simple, he is clearly ill and has been for a while. I dont condone the reported "wife beating" etc but the guy hasnt been well for years and the hangers on and his upbringing havent helped him!!

Best player i have seen in the flesh and probably the best British player since Kenny Dalglish.

Get well soon! :)

loveofthegame

Genius with a ball at his feet but at the opposite end of the scale off it.

This news doesn't really surprise me, always had it in him to end up in the loony bin

John 8:7, "Jesus stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at [him]."

James 4:12, "There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, He who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbour?"

There but for the Grace of God . . . . !!!

PS This does not suggest for one minute that he should "get away with it"!!!

Eventually, if not the courts in this world he will answer to the Judge - as will we all - and therein lies the number one reason for denial!

I don't condone what he did to his ex-wife, it was terrible, he confessed his shame over it and moved on.

The guy has struggled to cope with life without football and has had his problems throughout his career with addiction etc.

He always came across as a laugh and an endearing character to many and there will be a lot of support for him. Dont understand folk on this board having a go.

I don't condone what he did to his ex-wife, it was terrible, he confessed his shame over it and moved on.

The guy has struggled to cope with life without football and has had his problems throughout his career with addiction etc.

He always came across as a laugh and an endearing character to many and there will be a lot of support for him. Dont understand folk on this board having a go.

Neither do I.

My wife and I were in his company one Friday night and went for a meal with him (and Alan McLaren) the following evening.

He was brilliant company.

That's not what Russ was saying, and you know that fine well.

Thank you, of course it wasn't.

It was just a suggestion that perhaps some undestanding needs to be applied when considering some of his erractic behaviour and violent actions.

I didn't expect the tabloid style posters to be anything other than sensationalist about it though. Never mind, understanding, appropriate treatment and rehabilitation, just let him rot in hell eh! That'll solve it.

An idiot who never matured beyond the mental age of about 12.

Feel sorry for him rather than dislike him.

pretty much sum up my feelings

he WAS great on the ball though

Read his biography and seems to be mentally tormented by what has happened in his life. Extremely cruel but massively generous to the point of gullible.

King of the North

He is just extremely, extremely thick and very, very irritating. And he beat his wife. And he played for the huns.

I can think of several hundred people more deserving of sympathy than him.

John 8:7, "Jesus stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at [him]."

James 4:12, "There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, He who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbour?"

There but for the Grace of God . . . . !!!

PS This does not suggest for one minute that he should "get away with it"!!!

Eventually, if not the courts in this world he will answer to the Judge - as will we all - and therein lies the number one reason for denial!

How quaint.

get well soon gazza , genius of a player and from what i hear very generous to charities .life is full of ups and downs ,lets hope you can turn the corner.

crazy_jambo_2006

A genius of a footballer. Wonderful player. Probably the best player I've seen play in Scotland.

If he's mentally ill, I hope he gets better soon.

If he had signed for Ferguson at Man Utd, I believe he'd have been sorted in football. He didn't get the protection and help that the Rooneys etc get these days.

I am no England fan, but they should've taken Gazza to France 1998. The way they ditched him was quite cruel.

Anyone remember a freekick he scored in Dave MacPherson's testimonial? Or the rumour he necked whiskey at half time during the League Cup Final '96.

Billy Bigtime
how ill do i have to be before i can get away with beating my wife?

About as deranged as when you married her?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I would never wish anyone any harm but I think a few posters on this thread need a wee taste of mental illness first hand.

Walk a mile in my shoes and all that....

I dont know Paul Gascoigne and I admit to finding it hard to find sympathy for him as I see alot of his difficulties as of his own making.

John

Archived