30 years trying to find a pair of Adidas trainers and.....

Tazio

Diadora Van Basten

Best trainers I had were my Adidas Run DMCs.

There have been a couple of versions of Adidas Run DMCs but mine were the originals and had black stripes with red trim and the Adidas originals logo on the tongue and heel.

Seymour M Hersh
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

This story had a happy ending, I decided to get them anyway and still dig them out to wear on nice sunny summer days. 

You're just a slave to fashion! Was was wrong with these?

Dunlop_GreenFlash_1987_Red1.jpg

On 28/08/2009 at 21:48, Tazio said:

ADIDAS-SL-72-08--07.jpg

Bear with me on this as it is a sad and tragic story.

When I was in primary school Starsky And Hutch was the must see Saturday night TV show. For me one of the highlights was Starsky wearing the coolest trainers I had ever seen (evidence above)

I have wanted a pair of Adidas like that ever since. Despite years of searching they never did one that was "just what I wanted".

Yet I saw these in Schuh a couple of days ago and they were perfect. Just what I had been looking for all of these years. So today I finished work early and headed to Schuh to buy a pair.

I got there and they didn't have the blue ones. Not a problem as they could get me a pair from Aberdeen in 2 days. Result. So I tried on the brown ones in stock to get a size match. So I slipped them on, looked down at my feet and...........

Nightmare, they looked all wrong. I have very small feet and they looked ridiculous, skinny little pointy feet. Nothing like Dave Starsky.

Thirty fecking years wasted searching out my dream shoe and they didn't suit me.

Bummed.

Went to USC over the road and bought a par of Diesel trainers in the sale.

That's the tragic part!!

Diadora Van Basten
On 23/10/2019 at 19:57, weegranty said:

Got these trainers a few years ago, couldn't afford them in the 80's

images.jpeg

I so wanted a pair in the 80s but couldn’t afford them. Think the most I could afford was 310s (number probs wrong).

On 23/10/2019 at 20:36, EH11_2NL said:

£117, reduced to £58....

Kicks were the cheapest of adidas in my school days, which I had a pair of.

What a mess they made of the gym floors.

Oh to have been able to have afford, Bambas, Sambas or even better, All Blacks.

Edited by DETTY29

10 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

£117, reduced to £58....

Kicks were the cheapest of adidas in my school days, which I had a pair of.

What a mess they made of the gym floors.

Oh to have been able to have afford, Bambas, Sambas or even better, All Blacks.

I remember my old dear paying 9.99 for mine. Blue sta-prest, maroon 'Y' jersey and white Grandad shirt. I looked the bollox!

On 23/10/2019 at 14:57, weegranty said:

Got these trainers a few years ago, couldn't afford them in the 80's

images.jpeg

I saved up my willie lows wages, evening news paper round and Edinburgh advertiser delivery just to get Zx600s!

Have been trying to find a pair in yellow and grey for ages!

On 22/10/2019 at 22:14, Diadora Van Basten said:

Best trainers I had were my Adidas Run DMCs.

There have been a couple of versions of Adidas Run DMCs but mine were the originals and had black stripes with red trim and the Adidas originals logo on the tongue and heel.

I’ve got a pair of the 35th Anniversary Superstars edition, still in box and unworn. I’m dreading my son getting to a size 10 and finding them.

I’m very much a Superstars man and normally get them through MiAdidas to whatever colours I fancy but would love a genuine pair of Kicks. 

I have been on the lookout for a pair of Oxblood red leather Air Max or Puma Bocas (late 80’s with the short Puma stripe and little blue patch above it) if anyone knows where I can find them, I’ve searched all the usual places.

Edited by Statts1976uk

• 1 month later...