• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• N Lincs Jambo

• Tazio

• chester copperpot

Broughton high school - Darren Dodds - hibs, st.j , d utd.

Mark Cowan - Berwick rangers , Alloa (he played against us in a cup tie at tynie and scored an own goal if i remember correctly.

Craigmount High School;

Michael Stewart (as mentioned), Dayne Robertson of Falkirk. That is about it :laugh:

I know that Forresters (the enemy) have produced Allan MacGregor of Der Hun, Lee Wallace, Greig Ross of DAFC and there's a few more.

Add Gordon Marshall to that list.

more Porty - Alan Banks (Meadowbank, Berwick), sadly a Hibby but a great guy, and Armando di Mello (Norwich)

i played with mando at civil service strollers, he used to turn up in his fish van and he was made to have a shower before he got changed to play as the stench of fish was incredible. good guy, never seen him for a long time and think he got barred for a year for headbutting at Edinburgh City

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
i played with mando at civil service strollers, he used to turn up in his fish van and he was made to have a shower before he got changed to play as the stench of fish was incredible. good guy, never seen him for a long time and think he got barred for a year for headbutting at Edinburgh City

I remember him playing for Musselburgh Ath for a wee while. Instantly forgetable footballer but I do remember his bird at the time was absolutly roasting. Like super roasting.

Lasswade High School - Craig Thomson, Locke, Gary Mason, Whittaker..

David Murie & Colin Walker 2 of the HMFC U18 team that win the BP Youth Cup at Ibrox

Craigmount High School;

Michael Stewart (as mentioned), Dayne Robertson of Falkirk. That is about it :laugh:

I know that Forresters (the enemy) have produced Allan MacGregor of Der Hun, Lee Wallace, Greig Ross of DAFC and there's a few more.

Andy Bruce was at Craigmount at the same time as Gordon Marshall, went to Rangers and then Hearts.

Played in the 5-4 schoolboys game against England when Paul Rideout scored from about 40 yards. ( shouting " Rideout , one nil", guaranteed a boot in the Harry Halls)

Craigmount High School;

Surely your Enemy would be somewhere like Royal High? They are jsut a bunch of middle class rent boys like your lot.

Leave Forries and Auggies to battle it out by themselves!

blondejamtart

Which school did Jason and Danny Thomson go to then? I know they played football for Loanhead MWYFC, but not sure about their school...

chester copperpot
His brother Donny did, Jackie didn't.

More from Porty...

Charlie King ex St Johnstone now at Brechin

Marc Mculloch ex St Johnstone & Arbroath now playing in Ireland

Scott Bannerman ex Hibs & Morton

Paul Kane (spit)

Wrong, he did, as I was best mates with him in high school, played for the same school team and Edina H**s.

Chuckie King's a good shout too, forgot about him. He used to stay round the corner from me mam's in Piershill.

Surely your Enemy would be somewhere like Royal High? They are jsut a bunch of middle class rent boys like your lot.

Leave Forries and Auggies to battle it out by themselves!

Hughesie, please refrain from besmearching the Royal High School for your amuesment purposes. One finds it unamusing and for your information it was Craigmount that were the rent boys, our school masters would pay them.

Victor Mancini
aye danny was at leith academy, i used to swing his big bro(john-paul) around by the ankles as he a was a cheeky wee short arse, then in my my final year danny appeared who was an equal midget but twice as cheeky! hindsights a mofo should've "pasquale bruno'd" him. i think andy mcneil was in his year as well though i might be wrong,

also kevin haynes from berwick and gary mason was a few years above me(jambo but total banjo of a guy)

add gary fusco and richie walker(both brechin) to the leith list

Aye Graeme Souness west to Carrickvale he was in my Brothers year

Another player who went to Forresters was Arthur Albison who played fullback for Man U for many years and I remeber had a wee spell with Dundee before he hing up his boots.

Another player was Peter Wardlaw, can't remember if he made the first team.

My dad let Albiston borrow his boots as they went to the same school and the guy needed a pair for some Scotland youth game at some point.

Say What Again
did scottish football players ever attend school? as thick as mince most of them

That would explain why most of them went to Porty :stuart:

Danny was at Holycross primary as opposed to Trinity (due to family religion) and i'm pretty certain he never went on to Trinity Academy either, much more confident it was Leith Academy (which is strange given the usual path for Holycross pupils is St Thomas').

You can 100% add Scott Wilson to the list of ex-Trinity boys though (i.e. of Rangers and more recently Dunfermline)

Danny was at Trinity, he was in the year below me. He played for Leith Athletic the year below me aswell, that may we where you are getting confused.

The Old Tolbooth

Galashiels Academy have produced off the top of my head

John Collins :hang:

Andy Laurie (ex Falkirk defender)

Daniel Galbraith

Gary Parker

Not too shabby for a school from a bufter toon!

loveofthegame
aye danny was at leith academy, i used to swing his big bro(john-paul) around by the ankles as he a was a cheeky wee short arse, then in my my final year danny appeared who was an equal midget but twice as cheeky! hindsights a mofo should've "pasquale bruno'd" him. i think andy mcneil was in his year as well though i might be wrong,

also kevin haynes from berwick and gary mason was a few years above me(jambo but total banjo of a guy)

Danny was at Trinity, he was in the year below me. He played for Leith Athletic the year below me aswell, that may we where you are getting confused.

I'm pretty certain he was at Leith mate. I played against him at Primary and with him at Leith Athletic for a short while at u19's but he'd long left school by that point.

eddie fenwick
Wrong, he did, as I was best mates with him in high school, played for the same school team and Edina H**s.

Chuckie King's a good shout too, forgot about him. He used to stay round the corner from me mam's in Piershill.

correct,he was in some of tracys classes,she says he used to follow her home(what a wierdo)

So did Sandy "billy" Jardine himself as well as Walter Borthwick (I believe).

Billy Jardine went to Tynecastle , remember him well, played against him for Firhill and he scored 8 aginst us, Firhill at that time was a new school .

I'm pretty certain he was at Leith mate. I played against him at Primary and with him at Leith Athletic for a short while at u19's but he'd long left school by that point.

He was definately at Trinity as some point, perhaps he moved around 3rd year?

vlad on the tyne
correct,he was in some of tracys classes,she says he used to follow her home(what a wierdo)

I stand corrected!

I was in Donnys year at Porty but can't remember seeing jackie kicking about dont think he is much oolder than moi.

yet more porty

Justin Cameron (wimbeldon and ayr utd)

Kev Donnelly (berwick I think, then bathgate)

Arron Cummings (Stenny)

I P Knightley
Craigmount produced Michael Stewart.

I'd like to apologise on behalf of the school.

I believe that Auggie's produced Michael Weir but had the good sense to donate him to the Hibs.

Boroughmuir - Grant McNicol, ex Hearts and Berwick.

Gracemount - Marc Anthony, ex Celtic.

Gracemount - Kenny Munro, ex St Johnstone.

Leith Academy - Darren Salton.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Musselburgh Grammar.

John White (ask your dad)

Jim Jeffries

Billy Brown

Kenny Miller

Colin Nish

David Graham (Dunf Wigan & Torquay)

Gary Wood (Ross County Cowdenbeath)

plus a few more that will come to me

wheatfield to sheffield
just wondering, did any players go to private schools? like watsons or heriots?

Kevin Thomas went to Watsons. And apparently never liked football that much and so just wasn't in to it!

And then he enjoyed his recreation to be more chemical then physical, if the news stories were to be believed

By top flight I mean played in either the Scottish or English top league (SPL or Premiership nowadays)

My old Alma mater Craigroyston (or Craigie ya bass as it is more popularly known) has produced:

Gordon Strachan - various

Scott Nisbet - Rangers

Kenny Lyall - Rangers & mwell

Jimmy Sandison - JTs etc

Thats about all I can remember which seems a pretty poor effort from a school that had 1300 pupils back in the 70s/80s.

Derek Riordan, Kris O'Neil, Lee Bailley and David Hay (Cowden keeper) all went to Craigie.

Templeton Peck
Kevin Thomas went to Watsons. And apparently never liked football that much and so just wasn't in to it!

And then he enjoyed his recreation to be more chemical then physical, if the news stories were to be believed

Queensferry High

just wondering, did any players go to private schools? like watsons or heriots?

Alan Gordon ex Hearts and Hibs in the sixties and seventies went to Heriots in fact I think he actually played for Hearts while still at school.

Boroughmuir surprisingly enough produced a number in the forties and fifties.

Lawrie Reilly, Bill Duff, Dave Walker played for Airdrie, Tommy Preston played for Hibs, there was one guy Ross Cousins was a bit obscure but I seem to remember played for East Fife.

Jimmy Clarks also produced a few Bobby Blackwood one for sure.

dalkeithjambo

Did Darren fletcher not go to Dalkeith high school?, Think he was with Tynecastle boys club before joining Man U.

I knew Paul dickov when i was at school at inverlamond, Livingston.

(I know thats not in Edinburgh)

jambos are go!

Sounness and Dave McKay went to Carrickvale and both went onto Captain Scotland. David Johnston a Winger went to Watsons and went onto play for Scotland at Centre.

It makes pleasant reading to see that Forries has easily produced the biggest amount of proffessional players of all the schools mentioned so far. :10900:

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
It makes pleasant reading to see that Forries has easily produced the biggest amount of proffessional players of all the schools mentioned so far. :10900:

and probably the least amount of brain surgeons and rocket scientists.

jambos are go!

Coincidental that it has decent playing fields???

Did Darren fletcher not go to Dalkeith high school?, Think he was with Tynecastle boys club before joining Man U.

Try St Davids, kicks with the other foot.....................

T'was St Davids who also produed Stuart Fraser, who played at Luton Town, Stevenage & Berwick.