SNAKEHEAD IS COMING!

Ivan Drago

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article817553.ece

snn1925gx682_438463a.jpg

A SAVAGE fish more terrifying than a piranha has been caught in Britain for the first time ? sparking fears of a deadly invasion.

The vicious giant snakehead EATS everything it comes across and has even been reported to KILL people.

The monster ? from south-east Asia ? has a mouth crammed with fearsome teeth, can ?crawl? on land and survive out of water for up to four days.

News that a 2ft specimen had been hooked in an English river caused widespread panic among anglers and conservationists.

An Environment Agency source said last night: ?The reaction was, ?Oh s***?. This is the ultimate invasive species ? if it starts breeding here it?s a disaster.? Angler Andy Alder caught the snakehead while using a sprat as bait for pike on the River Witham near North Hykeham, Lincs.

Andy, of Lincoln, said: ?It had a gob full of razor-sharp teeth. To be honest it looked terrifying.?

Experts who studied photos of Andy?s catch confirmed it was the predator which is on a list of species that cannot be imported into the UK.

It is feared the fish had been smuggled in for an aquarium and then illegally released. Snakeheads caused chaos when they were found in America in 2002, with snipers setting up on banksides to shoot them and entire lakes being poisoned to kill them.

Ben Weir, of fishing mag Angler?s Mail, said: ?In all my time of working within fishing I have never heard so many concerned voices.?

Adult snakeheads can grow to 3ft long and weigh as much as 44lb.

:nooo::eek:

scottish_chicP
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article817553.ece

snn1925gx682_438463a.jpg

A SAVAGE fish more terrifying than a piranha has been caught in Britain for the first time ? sparking fears of a deadly invasion.

The vicious giant snakehead EATS everything it comes across and has even been reported to KILL people.

The monster ? from south-east Asia ? has a mouth crammed with fearsome teeth, can ?crawl? on land and survive out of water for up to four days.

News that a 2ft specimen had been hooked in an English river caused widespread panic among anglers and conservationists.

An Environment Agency source said last night: ?The reaction was, ?Oh s***?. This is the ultimate invasive species ? if it starts breeding here it?s a disaster.? Angler Andy Alder caught the snakehead while using a sprat as bait for pike on the River Witham near North Hykeham, Lincs.

Andy, of Lincoln, said: ?It had a gob full of razor-sharp teeth. To be honest it looked terrifying.?

Experts who studied photos of Andy?s catch confirmed it was the predator which is on a list of species that cannot be imported into the UK.

It is feared the fish had been smuggled in for an aquarium and then illegally released. Snakeheads caused chaos when they were found in America in 2002, with snipers setting up on banksides to shoot them and entire lakes being poisoned to kill them.

Ben Weir, of fishing mag Angler?s Mail, said: ?In all my time of working within fishing I have never heard so many concerned voices.?

Adult snakeheads can grow to 3ft long and weigh as much as 44lb.

:nooo::eek:

That is disgusting.

Sexton Hardcastle

heard this story on radio 1 this week. Surley if it was coming after you at snails pace ud either run away from it or boot it away. Or is this a slow motion run away where it catches up with you and eats you from toe to head like in the films. Its a fish... Fry the Fecker thern we'l see who eats who !

heard this story on radio 1 this week. Surley if it was coming after you at snails pace ud either run away from it or boot it away. Or is this a slow motion run away where it catches up with you and eats you from toe to head like in the films. Its a fish... Fry the Fecker thern we'l see who eats who !

i cant be arsed looking at it but remember Ron Atkinsons Microphone's thread? about his bad-ass pet fish?

you dont think he had one of these bad boys in his fish tank do you!? :nooo:

i cant be arsed looking at it but remember Ron Atkinsons Microphone's thread? about his bad-ass pet fish?

you dont think he had one of these bad boys in his fish tank do you!? :nooo:

You might be onto something there.

It looks like Mixu

I disagree. Can you not see him saying....

snn1925gx682_438463a.jpg

"This is more important, this is Celtic!"

Archived