Zagreb - Home Tickets

Adi Dassler

Is it an indication of how disillusioned people have become with Scottish Football that Hearts have not yet sold out a few thousand tickets for a major European tie at Tynecastle?

Where are all the people who were greeting about the atmosphere being crap at Murrayfield.

There's still over a week to go, fair enough, but i thought these would have flown off the shelves.

It's been well documented recently that the game in Scotland is in big trouble but if Hearts cannot sell out a game of this magnitude then maybe we're in a worse predicament than we thought.

How many tickets have we actually sold?

Also, im sure many fringe supporters will buy tickets if theres a good performance in Zagreb.

Not to mention the fact that the home game will be shown on TV too.

If I didn't go to too many games and seen the prices were nearly ?30 I wouldn't be going either, especially in the economic circumstances just now.

No matter what happens in Zagreb Tynecastle should be a sell out!!

Pretty sure it will be.

I'm almost a little concerned over the op's reason to post this?!?! A lovely little attack at our famous club and its fans?!?!?!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

How many have we sold?

We have a core support of about 13,000 ... ?30 tickets against Zagreb aren't really going to attract fair weather fans, unfortunately.

Jambof3tornado

And would the fans who are staying away have gone to murrayfield if the tickets had been ?15 to watch the same game??

Get yer erses to tynie and support the team,even if we are requiring miracles after a 3 nil away defeat!!

I think we will get beaten by a single goal out in zagreb!!:10900:

Probably waiting to see how the 1st leg goes, if we get a decent result should have put the price upto ?50 for these fair weather fans

Silverymoon92

we have sold over 11000 tickets so far it will definitely be sold out and as usual we will bring the noise.

It all depends on Thursday to be honest - a right royal pumping and we won't shift many more tickets.

Pretty sure it will be.

I'm almost a little concerned over the op's reason to post this?!?! A lovely little attack at our famous club and its fans?!?!?!

What are you getting at KM?

I think a lot of people will be waiting to see what happens on Thursday night before buying tickets. If we get horsed then the game won't be a sell out. From a ticket selling point of view, it would have been better to play the home leg first. On the other hand if we get a result or narrow defeat, the game should sell out.

Also the fact that the game is on TV will encourage some people not to go.

Perhaps they should have announced TV coverage closer to the game?

What are you getting at KM?

That your post comes across as more of a dig at the good supporters of our club than the standard of Football in this country.

Sexton Hardcastle

It will sell out but as per usual the fans that come out for the bigger games will moan and groan and the state of the TO etc when they rock up 20 mins before ko and try and buy a ticket. They will then come on here and kick off about it and the whole " im a real fan" debate will start.

Just buy tickets now. A few more quid to go towards a striker :smiley2:

iamcraigbeattie
I've got my ticket so I'm clearly a better fan :stuart:

I got mine before you so im clearly a better fan than you!!

It will sell out but as per usual the fans that come out for the bigger games will moan and groan and the state of the TO etc when they rock up 20 mins before ko and try and buy a ticket. They will then come on here and kick off about it and the whole " im a real fan" debate will start.

Just buy tickets now. A few more quid to go towards a striker :smiley2:

They're more likely to come on here and complain about why we're out of Europe after missing 2 or 3 glorious chances.....that a striker would've got!

Brian Whittaker's Tache

My TWO tickets are pinned to to the studio wall here

I was bricking it last week in case they sold out

bought my ticket before the sunderland match, traveling up from Brighton for it, what's the official word on ticket sales????

In my opinion it will be sold out, still over a week to go , we ahve around 13,000 season ticket holders, it's a huge match no matter what the score is in croatia, first at tynie for what seem's like a decade, just for the expieriance of seeing Hearts in Europe at tynie the wavering "floating" supporters should come along.

(sorry if this doesn't make sence, had a 5 pint lunch during my lunch hour, and managed to fit in 2 sambucas, Boss is on holiday :), )

That your post comes across as more of a dig at the good supporters of our club than the standard of Football in this country.

Celtic can't shift their season tickets, nor can Rangers i believe. I don't care what anyone says about Hibs but they should be getting bigger crowds than they did on Saturday. Empty seats galore at other SPL grounds on Sportscene last night. They game in this country is dying on it's arse mate, it's not specific to HMFC.

Although when i read my original post back i can maybe see why you would think it was personal to HMFC with the Murrayfield comment.

i am holder of three season tickets and i am not going so i must be a rubbish fan. i do want to go but it is the wifes 40th and i had booked a table for dinner and tickets for a show. she has told me to go but it would be used against me for years and i will see hearts in europe again. hopefully somebody has there erse on my seats to roar us on to victory but i predict a very tame night should we get a drubbing in zagreb

portobellojambo1
Is it an indication of how disillusioned people have become with Scottish Football that Hearts have not yet sold out a few thousand tickets for a major European tie at Tynecastle?

Where are all the people who were greeting about the atmosphere being crap at Murrayfield.

There's still over a week to go, fair enough, but i thought these would have flown off the shelves.

It's been well documented recently that the game in Scotland is in big trouble but if Hearts cannot sell out a game of this magnitude then maybe we're in a worse predicament than we thought.

What makes you think the game will not sell out. I assume there are many, many people who are salaried staff, paid monthly. Chances are many may have been on holiday during July, August, don't get paid until towards the beginning of next week and will then purchase tickets.

If come KO time the game has not sold out then people might have grounds to grumble, but given the game is still 8 days away I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

portobellojambo1
i am holder of three season tickets and i am not going so i must be a rubbish fan. i do want to go but it is the wifes 40th and i had booked a table for dinner and tickets for a show. she has told me to go but it would be used against me for years and i will see hearts in europe again. hopefully somebody has there erse on my seats to roar us on to victory but i predict a very tame night should we get a drubbing in zagreb

A certain person who posts on here very infrequently, is off to Zagreb to watch Hearts on the flight Gambo has organised. It is his partner's birthday on Thursday 21 April, everything had been booked, meal, night out etc. When Gambo's flight came up on here he made a very sensible decision, which was "you have a birthday every year, you might not get to see Hearts in Europe every year, in such circumstances there can only be one choice".

Tokyo Drifter

Got mine the day they went on sale coz I was sure they would sell out. Surprised they haven't. Wouldn't have bothered ringing that 0871 number if I'd known, would have just trucked along to the ticket office. As it was they took over a week to post it out. Not like they're busy.

Mind you if it WASN'T on TV we'd be up in arms, moaning about biased BBC wouldn't we?

Personally, I can't wait.

Francis Albert

Mmmm. Even a pre-season friendly at Murrayfield (well all two of them to be precise) attracted more than Tytnecastle's capacity. Along with every other game at Murrayfield. Of course it's not a football stadium etc etc.

Clerry Jambo

If we get a decent result on Thursday the game will defo sell oot.

Prices appear quite steep, can't really blame the club as they will realise it is very possible to be our only home game.

As usually happens jambos will snap up tickets in the last few days prior to the game.

Maybe it would be an idea to announce that any non ST holder who purchases for this game will have first dibs for the group stage which is bound to see demand far exceeding supply when we qualify :2thumbsup:

Probably be best to do this fairly soon though ie before 8pm on Thursday.

I think it'll sell out..although it's no cheap is it? got 2 tickets ...70 quid and thats before you throw in travel going to the pub and the rest..so not much change out of ?150 I shouldn't imagine. I couldn't afford to do that every week but despite it being televised and would cost me the maximum in the house of a carry out and a takeaway, Its just not the same. Regardless of the result in Zagreb on Thursday its great to have Tynie Euro nights back..some things you cant put a price on :10900:

Radioactive Mince
Got mine the day they went on sale coz I was sure they would sell out. Surprised they haven't. Wouldn't have bothered ringing that 0871 number if I'd known, would have just trucked along to the ticket office. As it was they took over a week to post it out. Not like they're busy.

Mind you if it WASN'T on TV we'd be up in arms, moaning about biased BBC wouldn't we?

Personally, I can't wait.

You could have just bought them online, dude, like I did. 6pm on the day of the draw, easy as pie, Section N1 Row B which I was surprised to get as I thought N1 was fully ST'd up. Tickets arrived a few days later.

Can't honestly wait for my first trip down N lower's memory lane since I held a ST there in the 2005-06 season. Went to section G the two seasons after then last season and this I've been a part-timer.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't sell out our sections, for what it's worth.

Mince.

Thig Ar Latha
If I didn't go to too many games and seen the prices were nearly ?30 I wouldn't be going either, especially in the economic circumstances just now.

I don't get to every game due to family and geographical reasons, (If I can make it, I'm there) but no way would I risk not buying my ticket early for fear of missing out. I don't doubt that if Hearts get a good result in Zagreb there will be people moaning at missing out and why can't regular supporters get tickets before folk like me who can't make every game.

I don't expect to be able to get many (any) tickets if we get through to the Group stages, but it won't stop me trying, even if I have to invest in an occasional corporate hospitality (depending on my own finances at that time)

Anyone coming on complaining, if we get a decent result in the first leg, about being unable to get a ticket will get no sympathy from me. I've seen many scrambles for tickets over the last thirty odd years. You want a ticket, get in there early.

Rollercoaster

Flights to Croatia - ?280

Accomodation - ?140

Bevy - Plenty

Match Ticket - ?6

Pressie for wife to soften the blow - ?100

Match ticket for return leg - PRICELESS

There is nothing like a Euro night (Stuttgart anyone??) with a jam packed Tynie, under the lights and a bouncing atmosphere. Considering they will bring a fair few and they'll also make one hell of a noise, it will be awesome.

Get yer erses oot yer armchairs and "Let's make some noise" cause as much as we'd like it to, it doesn't happen every year. If this game doesn't sell out then those who don't go should never moan about missing out on Europe in the future cause they really don't give a toss anyway.

I'll be very surprised, and pretty gutted, if this match doesnt sell out.

There is NO excuses for not being able to punt 17000 tickets for a big euro game. If we cant sell out, it'll be am embarrassment. To clutch at straws about prices and credit crunches is hoboesque.....

There doesn`t seem to be the same level of anticipation as years gone by but maybe that`s because we played a few of the 1st legs at home first?

Braga, Brijeg, Athens, in recent years as an example.

I'll be very surprised, and pretty gutted, if this match doesnt sell out.

There is NO excuses for not being able to punt 17000 tickets for a big euro game. If we cant sell out, it'll be am embarrassment. To clutch at straws about prices and credit crunches is hoboesque.....

totally agree, it was not so long ago, that we all said we would not mind paying extra for our european tickets to make sure it is at tynie, yet when it is at tynie alot of people are moaning about the price of the tickets. make your mind up people tynie or murrayfield, i know which one i would choose everytime.

(rant over):2thumbsup:

We knew that if we were to play at Tynecastle then there would be a premium price to be paid -- that was made clear at the outset.

We are in a time of recession and money is tight so people will pick and choose -- a decent result on Thursday and we will sell out.

I agree those who purchase for this should have first dibs after season ticket holders for the group games IF we qualify.

In all honesty would you pay ?32 if your team were say 4/5 goals down from the first leg -- chances are, no you would not (unless it was one of the great European names we were playing like Madrid etc.)

I am confident my trip to Zagreb will not be wasted in terms of the football and that we will have a sell out for the second leg -- takings for that game alone could top ?500,000.

wheatfield to sheffield
I bought 3, am I the best?

As I bought five, I'm pleased to learn that I must be even better than the best ...

Firstly got my ticket.

The game will sell out dependant on the result on Thursday in the first leg.

Hopefully we are still in the game come the second leg bear in mind this team has scored 10 goals in their last two league matches.

It would be great if we can contain them in the first leg with the game coming to Tynecastle on a knife edge so to say.

Big ask and also the big ask is who is going to score for Hearts be it the first leg or second leg.

Therefore i dont care what anybody says or accuses me off, but you have to score goals if you want to win games if D inamo Zagreb score one we are out a simple as that.

This will be a result of our lack of ability to play a scoring forward upfront and persist with a half fit dud upfront.

Come on Nade put the ball in the net I dont like being a smart arse

I really want Hearts to win. i suppose i am a realist only time will tell.

Out on a limb so to say.

Doctor FinnBarr
As I bought five, I'm pleased to learn that I must be even better than the best ...

That seems to be the way it works!

:smiley2:

That seems to be the way it works!

:smiley2:

So if you are going to Zagreb and have a ticket for the away leg then you must be an 'uberfan' ? :smiley2:

I'll get that printed on the t shirt now -- XXL of course !!

AlphonseCapone
If we get a decent result on Thursday the game will defo sell oot.

Prices appear quite steep, can't really blame the club as they will realise it is very possible to be our only home game.

As usually happens jambos will snap up tickets in the last few days prior to the game.

I predict we'll play around 19 home games this year :10900:

Archived