Zaliukas to skipper Hearts against Zagreb... GTF MS!

CBjambo

Csaba states Zaliukas is to lead the team in Zagreb so hopefully that means MS is dropped!

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/-Wallace-boost-for-Hearts39.5562804.jp

I've supported MS for a long time and been ready to fight his corner but after last night I am disgusted with his attitude, ability and temperament! I hope he is on the bench on Thursday night... in Tynecastle!

Guest JamboRobbo

I wish that filled me with confidence, but as far as changing anything, it's the equivalent of replacing Pinilla with Tullberg.

Neither are worthy of wearing the armband.

I wish that filled me with confidence, but as far as changing anything, it's the equivalent of replacing Pinilla with Tullberg.

Neither are worthy of wearing the armband.

well the two of them had the chance to show they are fit for the job when they started this new season.

stewart has already made a giant arse of it, we keenly await the verdict on zaliukas.

Ray Winstone

While it is right that Stewart is hopefully being dropped - Zaliukas should not be brought in.

The CB pairing last night were pretty good and should be kept for the Zagreb game.

And I hope to god that he is not planning on putting Big Z back in midfield!!:21:

Guest JamboRobbo
well the two of them had the chance to show they are fit for the job when they started this new season.

stewart has already made a giant arse of it, we keenly await the verdict on zaliukas.

agreed, other than I await the verdict with justifiable trepidation.

Giving the captain's armband to 2 players who have been sent off 9 times in about 3 seasons says it all.

Giving it to a player who will miss more than a 10th of this year's SPL season in bans - before he even gets a chance to pick up some more bans says even more. :10900:

I think we need a new captain, previous applicants need not apply!!!!!!

If Csaba is allowed to put either of these tw4ts out as captain then the Hearts management need to be questioned about what exactly they are doing about our woeful disciplinary record, ?80,000 fine we deserve all we get and can only blame ourselves,again

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Can't believe I'm saying this but lets give him a chance.

Hopefully he watched Stewart last night and thought 'what a fecking arsehole'.

For that to happen twice in two games would be unforgivable.

Can't believe I'm saying this but lets give him a chance.

Hopefully he watched Stewart last night and thought 'what a fecking arsehole'.

For that to happen twice in two games would be unforgivable.

Well one of the 'captaincy will calm him down' ideas has gone so far. Lets see if the second of our captains is calmed down a bit. :nah:

Michael Stewart is a disgrace to hearts and he should have never been givin the armband. He has never proved his worth to the team EVER. Put him at the pie stand

Silverymoon92

So wait a minute... we are all optimistic that Csaba is replacing a hothead fud with an Eastern European hot head fud? Has everyone on here been on the glue?

While it is right that Stewart is hopefully being dropped - Zaliukas should not be brought in.

The CB pairing last night were pretty good and should be kept for the Zagreb game.

And I hope to god that he is not planning on putting Big Z back in midfield!!:21:

I reckon that's what will happen

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I thought they played well as individuals but as a unit they weren't too solid. Any ball over the top split us open and looked dangerous.

Obviously they need time to adapt but I'd go with the experience in Zagreb.

So wait a minute... we are all optimistic that Csaba is replacing a hothead fud with an Eastern European hot head fud? Has everyone on here been on the glue?

i think the point is that one hothead fud has shown that he hasn't learned the lessons that needed to be learned and that the other candidate is up next. if he makes the same arse of it that the first one did then he is an even bigger hothead fud.

if zaliukas has anything between the lugs then he will surely have learned something. i have no problems with a player who gets sent off when he's made genuine attempts to win challenges that were there to be won. the lesson that needs to be learned is that sometimes the challenge cannot be won and that lunging in regardless is sheer stupidity. keeping a cool head is also a pre-requisite of being the captain - therefore no lashing out, brandishing imaginary cards, making diving motions, excessive mouthing off...

but at least zal plays well and has proved his worth

Silverymoon92
but at least zal plays well and has proved his worth

Yes Zal is a good player i'm not saying he isn't but is he really captain material? hes been sent off more times than Roy Keane

????????

When he is not getting sent off he is a good defender and would rightfully be part of our first choice defence.

Michael Stewart on the other hand shouldn't make the bench with his contribution.

Simples...as a complete and utter **** would say.

Johanes de Silentio

That would be the worry!

Even if Zal comes into the back four, and Wallace makes it for Thursday, then who drops out? Bouzid, Kusharski and Jose were all solid last night.

Bouzid could be good in centre-mid, maybe? (better than Zal would!)

Also, to quote wee Robbo on the radio last night, "If this is how Stewart responds to being captain, what's Zaliukas gonnae be like"?

Yes Zal is a good player i'm not saying he isn't but is he really captain material? hes been sent off more times than Roy Keane

haha ur right but we need somebody to stand up and i swear i'll be ragin if ms gets it again.

The Mighty Thor
When he is not getting sent off he is a good defender and would rightfully be part of our first choice defence.

Michael Stewart on the other hand shouldn't make the bench with his contribution.

Simples...as a complete and utter **** would say.

There's not much to draw between lurch and No.23 in my book. Both will spend too much time serving suspensions for stupid bookings and sending offs

I have a very nasty feeling that he may well do exactly what you fear and play Zaliukas in midfield hoping that he can fulfill the role that Karipidis used to last season.

Although I am not a fan on Goncalves I though he did ok last night and wondered if it might be worth keeping him at Left Back and pushing Lee Wallace further forward assuming he is fit of course.

Colonel Kurtz
I have a very nasty feeling that he may well do exactly what you fear and play Zaliukas in midfield hoping that he can fulfill the role that Karipidis used to last season.

Although I am not a fan on Goncalves I though he did ok last night and wondered if it might be worth keeping him at Left Back and pushing Lee Wallace further forward assuming he is fit of course.

I think it will be Kurawski

thats doesnt sound like a bad idea really,maybe push nade to the crowd cos webster had him in his back pocket all night lol

I thought both our centerbacks were piddle last night, Bouzid in particular.

Zaliukas coming back into defence makes me slightly more confident.

I think I would prefer him to Zal in midfield, he did ok last night and seems to have a bit of pace which we don't have much of in the team.

I agree. Csaba has mentioned that he thinks Bouzid and Zaliukas are the number 1 choice at centre-half. He has also talked about playing Kucharski "in the front" i.e. in front of the back 4. I think we need a stopper in midfield anyway to combat their long shots. So adding 2 and 2 toghether I think it will be Bouzid and Zaliukas at CH and Kucharski at DM.

Don't see what's better bringing in Zaliukas. Half the time he's a bombscare and the rest he's sat in the stands suspended!!

i think the point is that one hothead fud has shown that he hasn't learned the lessons that needed to be learned and that the other candidate is up next. if he makes the same arse of it that the first one did then he is an even bigger hothead fud.

if zaliukas has anything between the lugs then he will surely have learned something. i have no problems with a player who gets sent off when he's made genuine attempts to win challenges that were there to be won. the lesson that needs to be learned is that sometimes the challenge cannot be won and that lunging in regardless is sheer stupidity. keeping a cool head is also a pre-requisite of being the captain - therefore no lashing out, brandishing imaginary cards, making diving motions, excessive mouthing off...

Agreed and sadly there remains little alternative. Sunday is going to be interesting though with both our 'captains' sat in the stand for the opening home game of the season !

Thunderstruck
I agree. Csaba has mentioned that he thinks Bouzid and Zaliukas are the number 1 choice at centre-half. He has also talked about playing Kucharski "in the front" i.e. in front of the back 4. I think we need a stopper in midfield anyway to combat their long shots. So adding 2 and 2 toghether I think it will be Bouzid and Zaliukas at CH and Kucharski at DM.

Also agree and thanks for a common sense post.

Zaliukas should play at CH along with Bouzid (if recovered from shoulder injury). Wallace will return at LB and I don't know what he will do with Jos? who did nothing wrong last night - probably drop to the bench to provide an option for later in the game. Zaliukas showed how valuable he is in a situation like Thursday will be at Darkheid last year when he marshalled the defence to keep them at bay and won MoM.

Agreed and sadly there remains little alternative. Sunday is going to be interesting though with both our 'captains' sat in the stand for the opening home game of the season !

And I have a sneaky suspicion we might just benefit from it

I am at a loss re our captain situation. I removed my last sig on the basis that I am giving Zali one last chance before I physically hunt him out and bite his head off.

I dont think Zali is the answer

I now dont think Stewart is either.

We dont have a no.1 that is defo to start every week. We don't have a striker that is worthy of the name striker never mind captain. Its simply wrong to think of a wee scrawny guy like Driver being captain. Jonsson - well I'm not sure he'll hold on to the RB spot to be honest. The rest of the guys havent been here long enough.....

Lee Wallace and Ruben are the only other candidates. And to be honest I dont see Ruben as captain material.

jambo walesy

I honestly think Zali will make a good captain. I would bring him in for Bouzid on thursday as he did not fill me with confidence last night. Would also bring Black in for Witeveen and play 4-5-1 in Zagreb. Also switch Stewart for one of the Thomsons and play Jonnson in CM.

Cut The Crap
And I have a sneaky suspicion we might just benefit from it

I am at a loss re our captain situation. I removed my last sig on the basis that I am giving Zali one last chance before I physically hunt him out and bite his head off.

I dont think Zali is the answer

I now dont think Stewart is either.

We dont have a no.1 that is defo to start every week. We don't have a striker that is worthy of the name striker never mind captain. Its simply wrong to think of a wee scrawny guy like Driver being captain. Jonsson - well I'm not sure he'll hold on to the RB spot to be honest. The rest of the guys havent been here long enough.....

Lee Wallace and Ruben are the only other candidates. And to be honest I dont see Ruben as captain material.

We do seem to be in a little bit of disarray, which is unfortunate at such an early stage of the season. Lack of clarity from the manager on his preferred goalkeeper, captain, and the standard of discipline he expects probably partly to blame.

Still, as long as we are 'together' I'm sure everything will be fine. :smoking:

Archived