George Foulkes

neilnunb

sorry if posted already but did anyone see today's Sun. A 'celeb' fan from each team was questioned on their team's history. George Foulkes, Hearts daft, was our 'fan'.

Question 6) How many major honours (League, League Cup and Scottish Cup) have Hearts won? GF: Nine

:dizzy2:

Silly old goat.

Mind you, Grant Stott didn't do much better on Hibs, although I would have thought the vast majority of fans would know how many honours their club had won.

Lorraine Kelly came out tops with 9/10.

if foulkes has said that about our honours then he's an even bigger erse than i thought.

a former HMFC chairman? and you laughed when RR put his name forward george?

erse.

What was the answer?

15?

:peepwall:

Mince.

:stuart:

here's his other wrong answers:

Question 7) Who was the Hearts striker in Scotland's 1974 World Cup Pool? GF: Don't Know. Answer: Donald Ford.

Question 8) How many Hearts players were sent off in a match against Rangers in 1996? GF: Three. Answer: Four :stuart:

Question 9) Following on, can you recall who they were? GF: Can't remember. Answer: David Weir, Neil Pointon, Paul Ritchie and Pasquale Bruno

Final score 6/10

GF: "I can't believe I never got Donald Ford. I know him well"

:10900:

To be fair though, I've had a season ticket for 18 years and go to most away games and I couldn't answer that question.

Francis Albert

Of the wrong answers the one about which particular four players were the victims of the ludicrous multiple sendings-off at Ibrox was forgiveable.

But 4 League Championships, 7 Scottish Cup wins. 4 League cup wins ... is not that difficult.

Wish it was more challenging.

Midloth_Iain

i got more Hibs questions right than Grant Twatt, ( my wife was the quiz master). :10900:

Also beat foulkes 9/10

surely everyone (who's old enough!) remembers hearts having 4 sent off, with that erse chris robinson trying to usher the team off? he thought you couldn't play on with 7 players! (for the record, you can - but cannot with 6).

i got more Hibs questions right than Grant Twatt, ( my wife was the quiz master). :10900:

Also beat foulkes 9/10

Buccaneer,

What one did you get wrong?

13 out of 13 for me (adding a point for each player sent off at Ibrox)

surely everyone (who's old enough!) remembers hearts having 4 sent off, with that erse chris robinson trying to usher the team off? he thought you couldn't play on with 7 players! (for the record, you can - but cannot with 6).

I think he was trying to get the game stopped as a result of the injustice, sent of for kicking a goal post ffs:21:

I think he was trying to get the game stopped as a result of the injustice, sent of for kicking a goal post ffs:21:

nonsense!

maybe that was his excuse later, but even if true you can't take your team off 'cause you don't like the ref's decisions.

:nah:

Midloth_Iain
Buccaneer,

What one did you get wrong?

13 out of 13 for me (adding a point for each player sent off at Ibrox)

My Mrs refused to give me half a point for forgetting Neil Pointon was the 4th player dismissed :43::smiley2:

So strictly speaking 12/13

Archived