Hearts Shareholders warning to Vlad

bighalders

THE Hearts Shareholders' Association today released their annual chairman's statement cautioning Vladimir Romanov that he must appoint a fully autonomous manager and butt out of team affairs, writes BARRY ANDERSON.

Alex Gowans, association chairman, commends Romanov for his commitment to keeping the club at Tynecastle but warns that the slide to mediocrity will not be tolerated by fans.

Gowans' statement said: "We welcome the statement from Hearts that a new manager will be appointed. We trust that this signals a new beginning for the club and Mr Romanov will fully honour his commitment that the new manager will have full responsibility for team selection and coaching of the first-team squad.

"Whoever is appointed should have the support of all Hearts fans but, with the deep-rooted problems that have developed throughout the club over the past three years, his task is likely to be challenging and there may be no quick fixes. However, it is worth saying right at the outset that, if Mr Romanov goes back on his word, January 1 2008 will be regarded by all Hearts supporters as a day of infamy.

"Any student of organisational structure, whether it is a bank or a football club, will know that managers should always be allowed to manage. Clearly that has not been the case with Hearts and the lack of leadership, along with the unacceptable policy of meddling by others, has been the root of all the team's problems.

"There is now a light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully it is not a train coming towards us. Under a strong manager, who understands the Scottish game, Hearts still have a nucleus of good players that can be moulded into a team capable of achieving greater success in coming years."

The Shareholders' Association work closely with senior management at Hearts and have been delighted by the club's support. The statement continued:

"The operational and management team have all been very supportive of our meetings. It remains a disappointment that Vladimir and Roman Romanov continue to stay away. Perhaps bridges need to be mended which may involve an effort from all parties.

"It is alarming that the Romanovs have not been prepared to address our members' concerns. Indeed their policy of allowing others to face the music along with the refusal to meet supporters' groups at G10 meetings is inexcusable and has reflected badly on their depth of feeling for the club. We hope that this will now change."

Gowans' message ended with the belief that Romanov can convince supporters to believe in him once again.

"I would like to end with one final message to Mr Romanov. Can you cast your mind back to the time immediately after you acquired shares in Hearts? Supporters sang your name from the stands after you confirmed Hearts would remain at Tynecastle.

"The team was performing well, then out of the blue you shot yourself in the foot by taking decisions that you have

Gavsy Van Gaverson
THE Hearts Shareholders' Association today released their annual chairman's statement cautioning Vladimir Romanov that he must appoint a fully autonomous manager and butt out of team affairs, writes BARRY ANDERSON.

Alex Gowans, association chairman, commends Romanov for his commitment to keeping the club at Tynecastle but warns that the slide to mediocrity will not be tolerated by fans.

Gowans' statement said: "We welcome the statement from Hearts that a new manager will be appointed. We trust that this signals a new beginning for the club and Mr Romanov will fully honour his commitment that the new manager will have full responsibility for team selection and coaching of the first-team squad.

"Whoever is appointed should have the support of all Hearts fans but, with the deep-rooted problems that have developed throughout the club over the past three years, his task is likely to be challenging and there may be no quick fixes. However, it is worth saying right at the outset that, if Mr Romanov goes back on his word, January 1 2008 will be regarded by all Hearts supporters as a day of infamy.

"Any student of organisational structure, whether it is a bank or a football club, will know that managers should always be allowed to manage. Clearly that has not been the case with Hearts and the lack of leadership, along with the unacceptable policy of meddling by others, has been the root of all the team's problems.

"There is now a light at the end of the tunnel, and hopefully it is not a train coming towards us. Under a strong manager, who understands the Scottish game, Hearts still have a nucleus of good players that can be moulded into a team capable of achieving greater success in coming years."

The Shareholders' Association work closely with senior management at Hearts and have been delighted by the club's support. The statement continued:

"The operational and management team have all been very supportive of our meetings. It remains a disappointment that Vladimir and Roman Romanov continue to stay away. Perhaps bridges need to be mended which may involve an effort from all parties.

"It is alarming that the Romanovs have not been prepared to address our members' concerns. Indeed their policy of allowing others to face the music along with the refusal to meet supporters' groups at G10 meetings is inexcusable and has reflected badly on their depth of feeling for the club. We hope that this will now change."

Gowans' message ended with the belief that Romanov can convince supporters to believe in him once again.

"I would like to end with one final message to Mr Romanov. Can you cast your mind back to the time immediately after you acquired shares in Hearts? Supporters sang your name from the stands after you confirmed Hearts would remain at Tynecastle.

"The team was performing well, then out of the blue you shot yourself in the foot by taking decisions that you have

What a lot of ****e.

I find that a bit cheeky. Who the feck does he think he is:mad:

Agreed,this just might have a negative effect on Romanov ffs.

Scary stuff. A hollow threat to the man holding all the cards. I trust VR realises that this statement is not issued on behalf of anything other than a small minority of supporters.

Some of you need to grow a backbone and stop acting like complete lap dogs to Romanov.

I am in 100% support of the statement because frankly, the suggestions and makes and problems it diagnoses are absolutely accurate. IF you want on pitch performance to continue to deteriorate, then by all means don't criticise and continue to sook up to the Romanov's with all your collective might.

Anyone know exactly how many Shareholders are left and how many of them are in this association??

Can't see it being too many - would have thought the EEN reporter would have asked the guy how many members he represented to be a balanced report - but when was the last time the EEN was balanced ;)

Would I be right in thinking that more shareholders are NOT members of this association than are members? It is also fair to say that the vast majority of Hearts fans are not / no longer shareholders. So basically Mr Gowans represents a minority of a minority! Good work securing those column inches for something which can only be descriibed as a load of old p1sh!

(Incidentally I fall into the shareholder but non-member of association category!)

Some of you need to grow a backbone and stop acting like complete lap dogs to Romanov.

I am in 100% support of the statement because frankly, the suggestions and makes and problems it diagnoses are absolutely accurate. IF you want on pitch performance to continue to deteriorate, then by all means don't criticise and continue to sook up to the Romanov's with all your collective might.

If this statement had came out before 1st of Jan i would 100% agree with it(why didn't it) This statement has come out since Vlad has assured us of change we need to give the guy a chance to prove it to us ffs.

Nucky Thompson

Vlad has made moves to rectify the problem, the last thing we need is this cheeky git to throw a spanner in the works and p*ss him off.

Alex Gowans speaks for me.

Alex Gowans_thumb.jpg

But I'm not sure I fully go along with his words.

Alex Gowans speaks for me.

[ATTACH]23[/ATTACH]

But I'm not sure I fully go along with his words.

Local shop for local people springs to mind........:confused:

Guest JamboRobbo

I think that statement is exactly what should be said. It is exactly what is needed at HMFC. I'm glad the shareholders association were not afraid to say it.

Reading the thread, it seems some folks are worried the truth might upset Vlad somehow?

It could perhaps have been worded in a fluffier manner, but I don't see why we should have to use nice fluffy words all the time. What it says is true. If Vlad doesn't like it, maybe he shouldn't have done what he did.

The Old Tolbooth

If that had been last month then fair enough, but after Romanov has stated that he will let a manager have control then this could do more damage than good.

Guest JamboRobbo
Vlad has made moves to rectify the problem, the last thing we need is this cheeky git to throw a spanner in the works and p*ss him off.

So basically, you think people should keep quiet for fear of upsetting Vlad by saying what they really think?

I think that statement is exactly what should be said. It is exactly what is needed at HMFC. I'm glad the shareholders association were not afraid to say it.

Reading the thread, it seems some folks are worried the truth might upset Vlad somehow?

It could perhaps have been worded in a fluffier manner, but I don't see why we should have to use nice fluffy words all the time. What it says is true. If Vlad doesn't like it, maybe he shouldn't have done what he did.

Why has it taken them this long then JR? that question should have been asked in my view.

alwaysthereinspirit

"The slide to mediocrity will not be tolerated by the fans"

Hate to say it Alex but we passed that point some time ago.

I think this is very short sighted of the Shareholders Association, as it comes in the same week that the Federation are going to meet Romanov to mend some bridges.

The reason the Romanov's don't attend these meetings is because of muppets issuing statements to the media like the supporter's trust.

I don't see much point on the continued existence of the Shareholders Association since Romanov owns the majority shareholding and can do what he wants. The remaining shares are worth little more than the price of a newspaper.

Guest JamboRobbo
Why has it taken them this long then JR? that question should have been asked in my view.

Agree the timing could be questioned. Personally, I think this should've come out 18 months ago. But better late than never.

By the way, the whole article is not shown in the OP. There is more!!!!!!!!!

never been able to fully explain or justify to the supporters. It may seem disingenuous to say this after our support for your plans to redevelop the stadium but it has to be said. We were asked to "believe" in your master plan but instead of providing success on the field you have delivered mediocrity through your meddling and interference with all aspects of the team.

"Under the previous state of affairs you were in danger of at best devaluing, or at worst destroying, the very business you were trying to develop. Who knows, it is possible, that in future supporters will once again start singing your name from the stands. When that day comes around you will know that the supporters are beginning the process of welcoming you back into our Hearts community. We are pleased that you have finally had a wee word with yourself."

WTF is this clown Gowans? Is this HONESTLY the work of the CHAIRMAN of the Hearts Shareholders Association??????

Thank fuuu I have no shares then, cos this erse of a man represents nothing to me as a Hearts man. I mean, look at the language he uses, never mind the context.....

"We are pleased you have finally had a wee word with yourself". How effin smartarsed is that?

I dont think for one minute that this tube has the full backing of HMFC shareholders. I'd like to think that the shareholders will be just as angry as I am with regards to the whole tone of the letter.

if they are not? They need to have a serious word with themselves.......

I agree that this is what Romanov needs to hear. Too many people are pussy footing around him at the moment. There is no guarantee that he is going to produce the goods regarding the new Manager so I don't see how a quick shot across the bows can do any harm.

We are only just getting back to G10 meetings with Hearts and any communication is a start however this imo could put us back to the stoney silence routine which is less than helpful.

My opinion of course not those of the Fans Forum before anyone who knows me takes it that way.

Nucky Thompson
So basically, you think people should keep quiet for fear of upsetting Vlad by saying what they really think?
Like people say, if it been last month fair enough. He released a statement basically admitting he was wrong. Vlad is unpredictable and he might see this as an insult.

Honestly? 100% behind the snidey, smartarsed way it's been put together?

wow.

Guest JamboRobbo
Honestly? 100% behind the snidey, smartarsed way it's been put together?

wow.

I'd agree the tone could be better etc, but the actualy jist of what is being said is what has needed said for a long time. Harsh, but true, is how i'd describe it.

Vlad_Knows_Best

First The Trust and now The Shareholders ................Romanov looks on the Trust with disdain now after their outburst and the Shareholders will be treated the same by vlad now.

And who can blame him.

Everything in the statement is true but the way it is worded is wrong.

Pleased you have had a wee word with yourself! :eek:

Guest JamboRobbo
First The Trust and now The Shareholders ................Romanov looks on the Trust with distain now after their outburst and the Shareholders will be treated the same by vlad now.

And who can blame him.

See, If Vlad is gonna look at people with disdain because they say what they think rather than what he wants to hear, then it's Vlad that has the problem IMO, not the people who say what they think.

It's easy to pick holes all over that letter in terms of it's style and content. Its plainly - and yet again - a crowd pleasing letter for public consumption .. because they surely can't believe that VR will do anything other than use it wipe his erse. Believe me,that would be it's destination if I recieved any letter from anyone at anytime that concluded by saying "We are pleased that you have finally had a wee word with yourself." A rank amateur concluding statement in my opinion and doubtless they felt pretty smug when they came up with that one.

Suffice to say that we have just seen VR admit in public his committe wasn't working - and with moves afoot to change the management. And this week we had 2 supporters reps meeting him in person.

When we're making small but we hope progressive steps like these, then it seems absurd to me to get the tackety boots on and start crushing any flowers that might just be taking hold...

By the way, the whole article is not shown in the OP. There is more!!!!!!!!!

never been able to fully explain or justify to the supporters. It may seem disingenuous to say this after our support for your plans to redevelop the stadium but it has to be said. We were asked to "believe" in your master plan but instead of providing success on the field you have delivered mediocrity through your meddling and interference with all aspects of the team.

"Under the previous state of affairs you were in danger of at best devaluing, or at worst destroying, the very business you were trying to develop. Who knows, it is possible, that in future supporters will once again start singing your name from the stands. When that day comes around you will know that the supporters are beginning the process of welcoming you back into our Hearts community. We are pleased that you have finally had a wee word with yourself."

WTF is this clown Gowans? Is this HONESTLY the work of the CHAIRMAN of the Hearts Shareholders Association??????

Thank fuuu I have no shares then, cos this erse of a man represents nothing to me as a Hearts man. I mean, look at the language he uses, never mind the context.....

"We are pleased you have finally had a wee word with yourself". How effin smartarsed is that?

I dont think for one minute that this tube has the full backing of HMFC shareholders. I'd like to think that the shareholders will be just as angry as I am with regards to the whole tone of the letter.

if they are not? They need to have a serious word with themselves.......

I can't believe the rest of that statement!! the guy is a complete and utter idiot.

The harsh reality is that Vladimir Romanov owes us the square root of fuu all.

Bullsh*t like "it's our club, not his" simply doesn't wash.

Whilst he owns Heart of Midlothian, it's his call, and trying to be the big clever man with him just won't work.

He could snuff us out in a minute, a fact most of the mouths on here seem to forget.

Oh, I forgot, that would be ok, cos we could start up again as AFC Hearts, and play out of Saughton enclosure. At least then it would be OUR club eh? Just like the last time it was our club, which was..............when was that exactly?

Too many mouthpieces on JKB, and this gimp Gowans seems like another one.

Guest JamboRobbo
The harsh reality is that Vladimir Romanov owes us the square root of fuu all.

Bullsh*t like "it's our club, not his" simply doesn't wash.

Whilst he owns Heart of Midlothian, it's his call, and trying to be the big clever man with him just won't work.

He could snuff us out in a minute, a fact most of the mouths on here seem to forget.

Oh, I forgot, that would be ok, cos we could start up again as AFC Hearts, and play out of Saughton enclosure. At least then it would be OUR club eh? Just like the last time it was our club, which was..............when was that exactly?

Too many mouthpieces on JKB, and this gimp Gowans seems like another one.

So what is your suggestion? We all shut up and be grateful for what we have, never daring to criticise if we feel something is wrong?

"Must...not...critisise....Romanov...must...not...rock...boat" :rolleyes:

So is the general concensus now that Romanov should NOT appoint a manager with full control over team affairs? Which that states

portobellojambo1

An excellent statement, made by HMSA, on behalf of their members, yet still the usual suspects let their fingers go off at 100 mph, "hope they don't think they speak on behalf of me", "what the hell do they think they are doing".

It states all the concerns that have been mentioned at various points, you know the only difference, some come on here and moan, then leave it at that, others do something.

Well that is the FHSC, HMSA and HMST who have all been slaughtered at various times on JKB, plus individuals from within those groups. Whose next folks, which group would you like to run into the ground next, come on fire away, how about "the real problems at Hearts are being caused by those who log onto JKB as guests", reasonable starting point or do you have somebody else/something else in mind.......

Romanov/Ubig (or whoever) own over 80% of the shares leaving somewhere between 15%-20% in other hands. Some of these are absentee/no trace types so the Shareholders Association has very little clout to start with although their contribution towards youth development is highly commendable. Most shareholders are not members of the Association which dilutes their power even more and many, like me, don't even know who Gowans is, far less represent them. I suspect this is a reaction to Romanov inviting Fed members to Lithuania and not them.

"Must...not...critisise....Romanov...must...not...rock...boat" :rolleyes:

So is the general concensus now that Romanov should NOT appoint a manager with full control over team affairs? Which that states

He has already started that process since beginning January.

We don't need to play hard-cop all the time. The noise coming from the fans was key in pointing out that the committee wasn't working. It's also now our duty to foster what may well be progressive changes. It's all about light and shade...about subtlety.

I can only assume that the letter was conceived in mid-December, because it's timing is about 4 weeks out.

Vlad_Knows_Best
See, If Vlad is gonna look at people with disdain because they say what they think rather than what he wants to hear, then it's Vlad that has the problem IMO, not the people who say what they think.

JR is the fact that when things seem to be going in the right direction for the first time in months and months they come out with this.

The big question as stated on this thread earlier........why did the Shareholders decide to do this now, yet for months they have stayed quiet.

Ahhhhhh christ..........................

Praise His Name!!!

I think the statement, by and large, is saying no more than the vast majority of us had come to believe and still believe! Even if the timing is a bit late!!

On that basis I don't really see anything wrong with it, and the point of view that it might upset Vlad is really spurious! What is said on here, for example, on a regular basis, is far, far worse than anything in that letter.

What I do find aggravating is how it's degenerated already into the usual two camps of two extremes, particularly those defending the letter as, please note, I just have - but somehow they always manage to turn it into a kind of "smert erse" response - "I'm right and you're wrong!"

The day WE get past that, then WE will have made progress!

The letter says no more than most of us now hope to be the case and, hopefully, it will see and independent manager (who will and should have to account to VR ultimately) but who has complete control of the team selection, tactics and substitutions etc.

Guest JamboRobbo
An excellent statement, made by HMSA, on behalf of their members, yet still the usual suspects let their fingers go off at 100 mph, "hope they don't think they speak on behalf of me", "what the hell do they think they are doing".

It states all the concerns that have been mentioned at various points, you know the only difference, some come on here and moan, then leave it at that, others do something.

Well that is the FHSC, HMSA and HMST who have all been slaughtered at various times on JKB, plus individuals from within those groups. Whose next folks, which group would you like to run into the ground next, come on fire away, how about "the real problems at Hearts are being caused by those who log onto JKB as guests", reasonable starting point or do you have somebody else/something else in mind.......

It's the same old story with many on here. Thout shall not speak up against Vlad, otherwise you'll get slaughtered on JKB.

Just ask Foulkes, Anderton, Pressley, Hartley, Gordon, Johnson, McAllister, HMST, and now HMSA.

Sorry PJ1 but if i was a member of that group i would be questioning the timing of the statement which i think is a fair and valid point don't you think?.

Guest JamboRobbo
JR is the fact that when things seem to be going in the right direction for the first time in months and months they come out with this.

The big question as stated on this thread earlier........why did the Shareholders decide to do this now, yet for months they have stayed quiet.

It probably is. I'd specualate it's either

a) their annual statement only comes once a year and this is it

OR

B) they were keeping quiet hoping they'd get invited back to the inner circle, and now that they havent (not invited to Lithuania this week), they're saying what they think as they've nothing to lose anymore.

Archived