Aberdeen fans attacked in pub!

MMHearts

Just been sent a text from a mate who tells me that a group of Aberdeen fans were tear gassed in a pub in Olomouc last night.

There seems to be a surge in hooliganism again in some foreign countries and whilst there is little trouble usually around the grounds it does kick off in pubs etc (Rotterdam and Prague spring to mind).

If this was British clubs involved, there would be fines and bans flying around!

I guess the mighty ultra's aren't feared in europe quite as much as they'd like us to think huh.

I guess the mighty ultra's aren't feared in europe quite as much as they'd like us to think huh.

The Ultras are nothing to do with Aberdeen Soccer Casuals (A.S.C. for short).

Soccer?!

They deserve to have the **** kicked-out of them for calling it soccer....

The Ultras are nothing to do with Aberdeen Soccer Casuals (A.S.C. for short).

I know's this matey.

I was speaking about Aberdeen in general rather than specifically in relation to hooliganism.

I know's this matey.

I was speaking about Aberdeen in general rather than specifically in relation to hooliganism.

Well why use words such as "mighty ultras" and "feared"?

Soccer?!

They deserve to have the **** kicked-out of them for calling it soccer....

Celtic Soccer Casuals

Aberdeen Soccer Casuals

Casual Soccer Firm etc etc etc

Speaking in terms of the fact they think they are a big deal in Europe.

Yet here they are, 5-1 down to some Czech minnows getting humiliated and chased out of pub's.

I just didnt find it very fitting of the way they like to percieve themselves when they travel.

The Old Tolbooth

Yet here they are, 5-1 down to some Czech minnows getting humiliated and chased out of pub's.

I just didnt find it very fitting of the way they like to percieve themselves when they travel.

I'd hardly call them Czech minnows to be fair, they're a pretty handy outfit who finished 3rd in their respective league last season, which imo is a class above our own Mickey Mouse league.

To be honest, I fail to see where the score from the 1st leg fits into a story about a dust up in a pub.

I'd hardly call them Czech minnows to be fair, they're a pretty handy outfit who finished 3rd in their respective league last season, which imo is a class above our own Mickey Mouse league.

Perhaps minnows was a tad harsh - however are they a team that should be coming to Aberdeen and going away with 5 away goals in their back pocket?

This is a tie which Aberdeen should at least have contested in. Alas, thus far, they've not.

To be honest, I fail to see where the score from the 1st leg fits into a story about a dust up in a pub.

As I said, i was talking generally about the prediciment which AFC find themselves in at the moment in relation to this tie.

I think you're reading too much in to my comment tbh.

As I said, i was talking generally about the prediciment which AFC find themselves in at the moment in relation to this tie.

Not really it's what you said it first mate. I took it the way you typed it. Any hows Aberdeen are a joke and most dons that I know agree with me especially when it comes to European football but when at home I think they are right to demand better from their players.

We have a lot of moaning fans like theirs, I recall last seasons home win Vs Hamilton and folk were booing.

The Old Tolbooth
Perhaps minnows was a tad harsh - however are they a team that should be coming to Aberdeen and going away with 5 away goals in their back pocket?

This is a tie which Aberdeen should at least have contested in. Alas, thus far, they've not.

You do have a point re coming away with 5 goals in their back pocket, I think that's a mixture of Aberdeen being caught cold at the start of the season, and just generally being pish (which is nice :D )

I'd like to think that if we were drawn against Slavia Prague that we would have a decent chance of beating them over 2 legs, and they finished above Sigma last season.

Exactly what i was thinking as i read this thread.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I love these "pavement dancing" threads. The bottom line is, whether the "casuals" who post on here like it or not, football hooliganism is nowhere near as widespread and for want of a better word, as hard as it was. It appears to be a few guys keeping the torch burning, talking a good fight and having an odd wee skirmish well away from the ground. Police information these days has all but eradicated football hooliganism these days (in comparasin to what it used to be) and it appears it is mainly when British clubs go abroad that this happens.

A bunch of Aberdeen fans 20 years ago calling themselves Ultra's may have put the fear of death into folks like me who couldn't fight sleep and go to football matches to actually watch the football. But the fan dan teenagers from up there who call themselves that these days are silly wee laddies who have obviously put a few noses out of joint on there latest trip and been dealt with.

I love these "pavement dancing" threads. The bottom line is, whether the "casuals" who post on here like it or not, football hooliganism is nowhere near as widespread and for want of a better word, as hard as it was. It appears to be a few guys keeping the torch burning, talking a good fight and having an odd wee skirmish well away from the ground. Police information these days has all but eradicated football hooliganism these days (in comparasin to what it used to be) and it appears it is mainly when British clubs go abroad that this happens.

A bunch of Aberdeen fans 20 years ago calling themselves Ultra's may have put the fear of death into folks like me who couldn't fight sleep and go to football matches to actually watch the football. But the fan dan teenagers from up there who call themselves that these days are silly wee laddies who have obviously put a few noses out of joint on there latest trip and been dealt with.

Casuals and Ultras are 2 different things.

If they couldn't find anyone to pay the bar bill could they not have just had a whip round? Forcing the riot squad into reacting because they won't pay for a round is a bit extreme.

shaun.lawson
You do have a point re coming away with 5 goals in their back pocket, I think that's a mixture of Aberdeen being caught cold at the start of the season, and just generally being pish (which is nice :D )

I'd like to think that if we were drawn against Slavia Prague that we would have a decent chance of beating them over 2 legs, and they finished above Sigma last season.

If we drew Slavia, I think we'd have a problem - and it'd probably be only 50-50 against Sigma. Aberdeen were penalised by having to start their, um, campaign so early - but at the same time, are clearly in a very big mess, and I can't help but think Dundee United would've given a better account of themselves.

Wonder what the odds are for Aberdeen to finish bottom six this year?

jambojackbilly

ABERDEEN FC fans were today the victims of a tear gas attack in a bar in the Czech Republic.

Around 40 travelling Aberdeen FC supporters were enjoying a quiet drink in an Irish bar when it was targeted by Czech casuals with tear gas canisters.

Bar owner Graham Campsie, 43, a Scot from Edinburgh, today said three casuals from the Czech Republic?s Sigma Olomouc, who Aberdeen FC were due to play this evening, turned up in a car before launching two tear gas canisters into the bar.

The incident happened at the Crack Irish Bar on Olomouc?s Mlynska4 street in the Czech Republic between 1.15am and 1.30am today.

Three :smash::hammer:

To be fair, it's an easy mistake to make. The word 'Ultra' is a term that shouldn't be used for a normal set of supporters. It's a hooligan on the continent. Aberdeen using it smacks of trying to be hard when nobody cares.

To be fair, it's an easy mistake to make. The word 'Ultra' is a term that shouldn't be used for a normal set of supporters. It's a hooligan on the continent. Aberdeen using it smacks of trying to be hard when nobody cares.

Not really, hooligans/casuals here don't wear colours and wave stupid banners like the Red Ultras and their foreign counterparts.

Victor Meldrew

I'm surprised as many as 40 made the journey following the pumping they got in the first leg.

Are they sure there was tear gas? I mean they might just have been greeting about their prospects for the game and the season ahead ;)

On the 'Ultras' thing, I find it amusing that their fans dont realise how sad it makes them look.

Gigolo-Aunt
I'm surprised as many as 40 made the journey following the pumping they got in the first leg.

Are they sure there was tear gas? I mean they might just have been greeting about their prospects for the game and the season ahead ;)

On the 'Ultras' thing, I find it amusing that their fans dont realise how sad it makes them look.

Aberdeen had set up a deal if you booked through the club.

Some folk obviously booked up before last weeks erm... dabble with European football.

Archived