Favourite football

Gershwin

Tango has always been my favourite - even had it in a few colours for subbuteo. I was going to post a poll but I couldn't be arsed. Plus I don't know what balls they use at McDiarmid Park.

Meant to post this in the shed too. Sorry.

Doing a bit of research for a film I'm writing. What's your favourite football?

10402.jpg

Mitre Cosmic for me. Had one as a kid and loved it. It was a bit lighter than a Mitre Delta and you could really rattle a shot with it.

Had another one which had yellow Vs on it too but can't remember the name

mitre delta or the rubber one's you used to get at school, which if spanked into an opponents face left them looking like a well used table tennis bat :)

Mine would have to be the orange Mitre Mouldmaster. Honest. I think I still have the marks on my legs and puss from one of those footies going back to a cold morning in the 80's. That's what school football was all about.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

fl570.jpg

A real fitbaw. You can have all the skills you want but unless you have been smacked in the coupon with one of these bad boys, you will never really understand the game.

When I played boys club we used to have those cheapy mitre tactics - it was like hitting a medicine ball.

Optimus Prime
fl570.jpg

A real fitbaw. You can have all the skills you want but unless you have been smacked in the coupon with one of these bad boys, you will never really understand the game.

Or the inside of the groin on a freezing cold day. :42:

Hagar the Horrible
Mine would have to be the orange Mitre Mouldmaster. Honest. I think I still have the marks on my legs and puss from one of those footies going back to a cold morning in the 80's. That's what school football was all about.

The temperature must be about -10c (1970's era the ball had dimples designed to add more pain) on an ash park and getting hit at full whack on the inner thigh where the ball wraps around you leg and sticks like Velcro. the pain is so bad it is impossible to cry. your leg goes through various colour changes not deemed possible unless on a corpse. And wummin moan about child birth......try playing football with a mouldmaster.....MITRE masters in torture, ridicule and embarrassment.

That what makes you a real man....get kids of their xboxes and drive mouldmasters at them, there would be no more fat kids as it would hurt them more.......:15:

Cat Stevens

I had a Mitre Santos when I was wee and I loved it like a brother. Used it until every patch of leather was off it. It was then a soggy grey 3 stone lump in the rain and a floataway in the dry.

the Mitre Delta will always be a classic

Mitre.jpg

but my favourite is the Adidas Tango

fl570.jpg

Jees, thats woken a few supressed memories. Ouch.

Ray Winstone

Whatever the Adidas 1998 World Cup football was.

Loved it - and remember being amazed at the official replica costing ?100!

You could get a fakey for ?19.99!

Always liked the look of the real thing!

Hated they things:42:

Liked the delta but what was the Mitre that had just a hint of rubber on the outside of the leather and constantly stuck under your reet? Fecking hated them !!

Liked the delta but what was the Mitre that had just a hint of rubber on the outside of the leather and constantly stuck under your reet? Fecking hated them !!

might have been a delta cosmic, not sure though

Great to see so many mention the ultimate "nut" cruncher, the mouldmaster , especially if it either hit you in the groin or on the face it was something you`d never forget. :42:

mitre delta or the rubber one's you used to get at school, which if spanked into an opponents face left them looking like a well used table tennis bat :)

A flat Captian's size 5??

When I played boys club we used to have those cheapy mitre tactics - it was like hitting a medicine ball.

I think they were probably my favourite tbh

10336.jpg

Carl Fredrickson

When I were a nipper, Ipswich Town were a quality team and they played their home games with a red and white pannelled ball - which in the day was a novelty.

I got one for my birthday, cant mind the make but it may have been Mitre and I loved that ball like only a wee laddie could!

Only images i could find are one with Gary Bailey holding a ball - in black and white and a small front cover of a prog.

Now, having never posted photos, this may or may not work....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jWNU8uRzINc/SQcYxsj65WI/AAAAAAAABrE/jI2ldYuatS4/s200/1981-2-14-0.jpg

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/files_football/BAILEY_Gary_1981_GH_L.jpg

I have 3 favourites... All for purely nostalgic reasons..

1. Mitre Mouldmaster. As mentioned only in Britain would you get kids playing on through the pain form one of these bas***ds smacking you ANYWHERE, but particularly in mid winter during outdoor games on bare legs..

2. Mitre Delta, I had one of the gold ones circa 1986.. loved it as I faniced myself as a keeper back then and had the gold henry smith keeper top,.. with elbow padding and everthing. Got both on gorgie road in a wee sports shop,..

2. 1986 World up Adidas Tango,... after 2 terms at boarding school with mouldmasters, to kick one of these about on the beach in Kuwait during the holidays was divine.. literally. even in baries i hardly felt it cos the mouldmasters made my feet solid.

Kids, you're all wet and wouldn't last 10 seconds in a game of World Cup Willy with the old guard in our day!

Nike-Club-Team-Football.jpg

3607.jpg

D58915.jpg

The orange footie bring's back the memories of getting a ball flush in the face on a freezing cold and raining saturday morning at meggetland playing for Craiglockhart; MAGIC :qqb016:

vodka-shark

The reason Scottish football is so p!sh,

22 kids under 10 on a eleven aside pitch middle of december, ten in the morning, rain coming in side and a moldemaster getting punted about.

Just the thought off that ball slamming of your mask or inside of your thigh is bringing a tear to my eye.

Anyone remember the Captain 5 stingers? :42:

That's what I mentioned earlier. Especially if they were a little bit flat!!

Anyone got a picture?

Archived