Tynecastle Stadium Could Be Renamed........

Vlad_Knows_Best

Would you Be Happy If Hearts Gave Tynecastle Stadium A New Name In The Future.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you Be Happy If Hearts Gave Tynecastle Stadium A New Name In The Future.

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered either way.

Professor.Arturo

If they build us a new stadium would you really begrudge them a sponsorship rename?

I would not mind at all

If it pays for some of the stadim or new players then i really dont care if it is not called tynie anymore ! Perhaps the Ukio Bankas Arena !!!!!!!!!

In this day and age any significant investment can't be turned down on the grounds of sentiment unfortunately.

I'd live with it.

We_are_the_Hearts

DO you think Arsenal fans bother playing at the Emirates? If the moneys down then let them rename the stadium.............it's only a name.

Guest S.U.S.S.

I voted yes, but it does not matter what they call it.

To me and mine it will always be Tynecastle.

Feel free to give us millions, Our wee fitba team will always be from Tynecastle Park.

DO you think Arsenal fans bother playing at the Emirates? If the moneys down then let them rename the stadium.............it's only a name.

How much did Arsenal get for the rename?

Yes, as long as they give us lots of money they can call it what they want. It will always still be known to us as Tynecastle.

Commander Harris

Tynecastle is more than the name, it's our home and has been for 120 years. If a sponsorship deal ensures our future at that home then so be it. It will always be Tynecastle to the fans anyway.

Two different issues here. Arsenal moved stadium (albeit not very far) and built a brand new one. We are staying in the same stadium and just build a new stand.

Perhaps the Make Bono History Stadium!:)

Either that or the new stand has to be renamed The Make Bono History Stand, or The Bono is a **** Stand. If neither the stand or the stadium carries any anti-Bono propaganda, needless to say i wont be coming back to Tynecastle ever again.

Fine Scottish Wine

If someone is going to build a complete new stadium them fine but if it is just a stand then that is all they should be allowed to name.

If someone is going to build a complete new stadium them fine but if it is just a stand then that is all they should be allowed to name.

But that's the thing, you rarely ever heard names of stands on the telly/radio but you always hear the name of the stadium, therefore we'd get next to feck all money for letting somebody name a stand but millions for letting them use their name for the whole stadium.

I'd be happy with the Ukio Bankas/UBIG stand (as we'd never get it built without them) and a bigger companies name on the stadium for a few million

Two different issues here. Arsenal moved stadium (albeit not very far) and built a brand new one. We are staying in the same stadium and just build a new stand.

Thats a fair point....however in this day and age money talks in football, and as has be said before you could call it whatever you like for sponsership purposes.............but it will always be Tynecastle Park, to he people that matter, home of the famous!

Fine Scottish Wine
But that's the thing, you rarely ever heard names of stands on the telly/radio but you always hear the name of the stadium, therefore we'd get next to feck all money for letting somebody name a stand but millions for letting them use their name for the whole stadium.

I'd be happy with the Ukio Bankas/UBIG stand (as we'd never get it built without them) and a bigger companies name on the stadium for a few million

Then tough on them then isn't it.

Lets face it the only company who is going to pay any kind of decent money to rename Tynecastle is UKIO BANKAS/UBIG, i have no problem with either company but i don't fancy going to the BANKAS Arena or the UBIG Stadium for life just because someone wiped say ?5 Million of our debt.

It will always be Tynie to me, but if they can get a load of cash (and reinvest it in the club!) then they can call it the Durex Arena as far as I'm concerned (come here get f * cked!!!)

Commander Harris
Then tough on them then isn't it.

Lets face it the only company who is going to pay any kind of decent money to rename Tynecastle is UKIO BANKAS/UBIG, i have no problem with either company but i don't fancy going to the BANKAS Arena or the UBIG Stadium for life just because someone wiped say ?5 Million of our debt.

the point of the touted renaming is to bring in money from outwith UBIG so UBIG/UKIO isn't an option.

Fine Scottish Wine
the point of the touted renaming is to bring in money from outwith UBIG so UBIG/UKIO isn't an option.

I would love to know how much they think they are going to get for renaming the ground of a Scottish club who find it difficult to win honours are rarely seen out with it's own borders and never really getting anywhere in Europe. We are only talking about a few million here. Is it worth it ?, with the wages we currently pay it would be gone in 6 months. I know that at the end of the day it is just a name but surely there are better ways to get investment and maybe one that is more long term, for example letting someone else buy into the club and sharing control with Romanov. Never happen i know but preferable and would make more business sense.

If someone wants to give us millions just to use their name, no bother to me. It will always be tynecastle to us.

Spot on, the official name can be whatever they want it to be - but to every single Hearts fan out there it will always be Tynecastle.

Commander Harris
I would love to know how much they think they are going to get for renaming the ground of a Scottish club who find it difficult to win honours are rarely seen out with it's own borders and never really getting anywhere in Europe. We are only talking about a few million here. Is it worth it ?, with the wages we currently pay it would be gone in 6 months. I know that at the end of the day it is just a name but surely there are better ways to get investment and maybe one that is more long term, for example letting someone else buy into the club and sharing control with Romanov. Never happen i know but preferable and would make more business sense.

it wouldn't be worth it unless the investment was of significant proportions, judging by what pedro said that is the clubs position too.

I dont mind the name change as long as there is investment there, and the club still exists and there is a team on the park, thats all that counts!

so long as its only a fixed term thing (the emirates stadium is only for twenty years i think) then i'd be happy for the cash.

i'll still call it tynie anyway.

Nelly Terraces

Would not have a problem with renaming it as I would still call it Tynie, all my mates would still call it Tynie, even my bleedin Mum would still call it Tynie, and I would expect ALL OF THE HEARTS SUPPORT TO DO THE SAME. And not follow like sheep when things are renamed, i.e. 'Roseburn Satnd? Uh, oh, no. School End methinks.

Ukio Bankas Arena? Nah, Tynecastle mate.

blondejamtart

I went for yes, although I'm not sure "happy" is the word I'd use. However, it'll always be Tynecastle to me (and every other Jambo, I'd guess), so as long as it means substantial investment coming into the club, then they can call it whatever they want. What's in a name, as someone once said..........

What sort of sums of money do teams get for renaming their stands?

Not on the Emirates scale or even the Reebok scale but clubs with the sort of media presence ours has?

They can call the Stadium what the like, the 'hibees are gay' stadium sounds good to me! however, it will always be at Tynecastle park.

I voted yes, but it does not matter what they call it.

To me and mine it will always be Tynecastle.

Feel free to give us millions, Our wee fitba team will always be from Tynecastle Park.

;);););) thats how i feel too

championsleaguefan
in the future.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10289~1216869,00.html

Would you be happy with a change of name?

Read the whole statement on this page He would be happy if we could bring the likes of Ronaldo to the club with the money.

More pie in the sky

oh aye were going to win the Champions league.

Commander Harris
Read the whole statement on this page He would be happy if we could bring the likes of Ronaldo to the club with the money.

More pie in the sky

oh aye were going to win the Champions league.

While pedro is certainly having a wee tongue in cheek remark with his "ronaldo" joke the point is still valid that if we got an offer worth a huge amount of money we would have to consider it.

Don't know what winning the Champions League has to do with anything on this thread?

Fine Scottish Wine

Just out of interest what do people think the naming of the ground is worth. And what sort of offers do people think Hearts will receive for it.

I personally can't see us getting offered any more than 8 million for 15 to 20 years worth of sponsorship, and i doubt we would get all that in one lump sum.

We can have our cake and eat it.

The stadium can be sponsored by whoever but the playing surface, the pitch, will always be Tynecastle Park.

Bingo

Anyway, I'll be calling it Tynecastle, no matter what name pays Miko's wages.

Archived