Your Greatest FEARS/Name Them?

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Mines is a nuclear war and the so called 4 mins warning being announced, 4 mins to get your living rooms doors painted white and windows.I can picture the scene from the Young Ones when Neil is trying to tell Vivian ,Rick a and Mike to get under his home made shelter. :qqb009:

Getting old and developing dementia/alzheimers. Happened to one of my grandparents and the thought of it happening to me one day gives me the fear.

Buffalo Bill

The number one bus going past just as I get to the end of Castle Avenue.

bridges..yes I can confirm I am a witch and I hate them. I crossed the new Kincardine bridge today (actually ok) and on the way back the Forth road bridge...I just hate that one

maroonlegions
The number one bus going past just as I get to the end of Castle Avenue.

Sympathise ,the number 4 is a service from hell, that's the bus ,(if the wife is not picking me up). i have to endure after a hard days graft.

Robin hood.

I once had a very realistic dream, in which I was standing next to an old stage, talking to a priest (i am not religous). I felt a sudden pain in my chest and couldn't breathe. I looked down and my hands were covered in blood with an arrowhead sticking out my chest. as i collapsed to the ground i turned around to see robin hood holding a bow and arrow. i then woke up and couldn't breathe.

That and being eaten alive or drowning

Fraser

maroonlegions
bridges..yes I can confirm I am a witch and I hate them. I crossed the new Kincardine bridge today (actually ok) and on the way back the Forth road bridge...I just hate that one

In my research on the Occult and witchcraft, the crossing of a bridge ,if it contains a river or body of water underneath it ,is i very potent way of removing curses.:qqb016:

Mines is a nuclear war and the so called 4 mins warning being announced, 4 mins to get your living rooms doors painted white and windows.I can picture the scene from the Young Ones when Neil is trying to tell Vivian ,Rick a and Mike to get under his home made shelter. :qqb009:

I thought the Only Fools and Horses episode where they erected and lived in the shelter was excellent too.

Not living to see what my boys become as men is my greatest fear.

scottish_chicP

I have always been scared of that since they showed the video at school of what would happen.

Buried alive is also a massive fear of mine, or being stuck in the middle of a huge mass of water with no land in sight.

My greatest fear is not that I am inadequate, but that I am powerful beyond measure.

That and chalk.

Dentists. I'm absolutely terrified of dentists.

Earlier in the year, after a three day perscription of vallium, I made it as far as the waiting room. I let the dentist have a look at my gnashers there, but didn't make it as far as the chair.

So scared of dentists that my teeth are immaculate apparently. I'm really anal about looking after then.

I promised Miss Blairdin I'd go for a proper check-up this year sometime, but not sure how I can get myself in.

Oh - if anybody knows any dentists that still use the old laughing gas general anaesthetic, let me know. I don't mind what they do to me if I'm asleep...

Gigolo-Aunt

Heights really freak me out. My brothers flat is on the top level, he has huge bay windows - I cant even stand at the window.

There you go folks, my achillles heel.

Join the club mate. My last appointment was in 1990. I just can't do it. And like all of these thing the longer you manage without going the more terrifying the idea of it gets. Though I've never had a moments trouble with them, not even a twinge.

And worryingly I'm becoming more aware all the time that something will go wrong eventually. And apart from anything else it's going to be very pricey to go through utter terror.

Heights really freak me out. My brothers flat is on the top level, he has huge bay windows - I cant even stand at the window.

Oh, that reminds me.

I also have an irrational fear of waking up on GA's floor on a Sunday with approximately 45 minutes to get to Easter Road for a derby.

:15:

Gigolo-Aunt
Oh, that reminds me.

I also have an irrational fear of waking up on GA's floor on a Sunday with approximately 45 minutes to get to Easter Road for a derby.

:15:

heh heh heh

:sorcerer:

Buffalo Bill

I'm not a lover heights by any means.

I was reminded of that this afternoon, standing on the top of here:

tantalloncastle.jpg

tantalloncastle.jpg

that is a stunning sight Buffalo Bill,where abouts is it?

I HATE heights aswel Gigalo, The scare the **** out of me..

My worst fear is being stuck on a scaffolding high up and not been able to get down.. :42: ( Dont ask why a scaffolding, I had a dream not that long ago about being stuck at the top of one and trying to get down,it was feeking scary)

heartgarfunkel

tantalloncastle.jpg

Tantallon, man's 14th century-adapted-to-the-use-of-gunpowder-in-sieges- style castle.:thumb: Great place to go Castleing!

Carl Weathers

Being stranded in shark infested waters.

Or crossing THE BRIDGE OF DOOM!!!111:sorcerer:

If you're scared of heights then this will freak you out.

The Sears Tower in Chicago (currently the tallest building in the USA) has just opened a new Sky Deck on the 103rd floor (1353 feet high).

theledge1_thumb.jpg

theledge3_thumb.jpg

I don't normally mind heights but I can't say that I wouldn't be a little nervous standing up there.

Oh and the Sears Tower has now been renamed The Willis Tower much to the dismay of Chicago residents:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8154331.stm

ArcticJambo

enclosed spaces & forests in the dark. Ohh, and knives, machetes & sharpened metal, carried by loopers chasing you (if the case may be).

rabid foxes on yer tail ain't much fun either.

wasps ? pah ... wee waspies ?

J.T.F.Robertson

Eternity.

Although, prior to this finite appearance, I guess it didn't scare me too much then, so maybe it aint so bad.

Stewart MacD

That and chalk.

Did you have a teacher with unerring aim as well?

spiders? why? I just dont get it unless it's a black widow ...

lol I guess fears are irrational ..like someone else said my fear of bridges is down to a dream I had when young..whenever one collapses I say..there you go that's evidence enough for me lol

yvonnejambo

Hhmm lots for me.

Heights-even going up 2 rungs on a ladder make my legs shake and i cant look down.

The sea-cant swim and have had drowning incident when I was young

The Pentland hills due to getting lost on them and falling asleep

Also dont like dentist or needles but can manage when needed.

biggest fear I face on a daily basis due to my location is shellfish. makes me feel faint if I see a prawn or crab. Living in a prawn fishing port aint good for this fear. Was working at a stall for chaity last week on the pier, whena girl who I work with decided to bring a LIVE crab to show me! She was dangling it about with its legs moving and was going to drop it in the lucky dip box. She thought it was funny as the colour drained from me and had to be told to get away with the creature fast. Really really horrible and I know think of her as quite evil!

maroonlegions
Not sure what point you're trying to make here as I refuse to click play. I'm afraid I do not want to see or hear anything from anyone who claims or claimed to be the new Messiah at any point in their life. :qqb006:

Rubbish he never claimed that, but i was not the one who brought up Icke. What reaction were you expecting?? I am justified in thinking or reacting that the Ike remark was indirectly targeted at me?? How would you react or perceive if you were in my shoes.?? Ok you are entitled to your view but when its based on no research how can you know.As you say you have no idea of his research but feel you are jusufied on condeming him.The press took what he said on that Wogan show totally out of context , he did in fact say WE ARE ALL SONS AND DAUGHTERS OF GOD but not in a religious way.You just have to look at his research and writings to see he regards religion as a man made tool in the service of moral slavery.

'The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.'

Albert Einstein.:bulb2:

used to be terrified of heights but conquered it by going rock climbing and abseiling a lot when i was younger, damn scary way to face your fears but it certainly worked.

i do occasionally feel claustrophobic though and have no explanation for it

The wee team winning the Big Cup in my lifetime.

Nightmare.

that would be a nightmare, you know they ahve to win it eventually but since a large part of my family are hobo's it would be even worse

Ron Burgundy
Being stranded in shark infested waters.

Or crossing THE BRIDGE OF DOOM!!!111:sorcerer:

Damn right,That film Open Water is my idea of hell.

That and being in an aeroplane crash with my family.

maltese jambo

Earlier in the year, after a three day perscription of vallium, I made it as far as the waiting room. I let the dentist have a look at my gnashers there, but didn't make it as far as the chair.

So scared of dentists that my teeth are immaculate apparently. I'm really anal about looking after then.

I promised Miss Blairdin I'd go for a proper check-up this year sometime, but not sure how I can get myself in.

Oh - if anybody knows any dentists that still use the old laughing gas general anaesthetic, let me know. I don't mind what they do to me if I'm asleep...

Your lucky mate. How about having weak teeth, nearly all filled, root canal and much more, while the fear of needles and injections prevents you taking ANY injection for the pain!

ML, I remember the last time i mentioned the robin hood dream, you were saying that it could have been a past life, well heres a new one for you.

Last night, i dreamt that i was climbing a mountain, i think it was in switzerland, I got nudged froward by the person i was with and therefore lost my footing and fell to my death.

Spooky.

John Gentleman
Join the club mate. My last appointment was in 1990. I just can't do it. And like all of these thing the longer you manage without going the more terrifying the idea of it gets. Though I've never had a moments trouble with them, not even a twinge.

And worryingly I'm becoming more aware all the time that something will go wrong eventually. And apart from anything else it's going to be very pricey to go through utter terror.

Used to be like that myself, but a couple of years ago I just couldn't avoid going. Believe me, it's a changed world. Anaesthetic techniques have improved massively. If it's the sound of the wee buzzing instruments that bother you, just get a wee pair of rubber earplugs - I think most dentists may even keep them.

The only thing 'painful' about my visits to the dentist now are their exorbitant charges!!

John Findlay

I genuinely dont know what my greatest fear(s) is/are. I believe I have still to confront it/them.

John

Carl Weathers
Damn right,That film Open Water is my idea of hell.

That and being in an aeroplane crash with my family.

It all started with the film 'jaws' for me. It terrified me but I couldn't stop watching it. I've seen it over 60 times.

A real fascination of sharks and the sea developed as well.

white-shark-kayak.jpg

I'm not too keen on planes either. The reason being that if a crash was going to happen, you'd have some time on your hands to think about it!

Archived