?1.50 'handling charge' = joke

dc-jambo

Well I just went online to get my seat for the Sunderland game and they want an extra ?1.50 to process this e-transaction. Well, I've paid ?380 for the season ticket already and I think that's enough p***-taking so the JTs can play their meaningless pre-season friendly in my absence. This is ?1.50 for a cost-free electronic transaction at their end. I know they think we're all mugs and they can just take what the hell they want but I think that in this case, as Groucho Marx said 'too much is enough'.

So who thinks this handling charge is fair? Who gets it and why does it add up?

i would jump off the forth rail bridge in sheer disgust if this happened to me. in fact i might just do it anyway.

anyone else with me? lets do it for the future of the club.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You can use the ?1.50 you saved to buy tissues and dry your eyes. :)

Well I just went online to get my seat for the Sunderland game and they want an extra ?1.50 to process this e-transaction. Well, I've paid ?380 for the season ticket already and I think that's enough p***-taking so the JTs can play their meaningless pre-season friendly in my absence. This is ?1.50 for a cost-free electronic transaction at their end. I know they think we're all mugs and they can just take what the hell they want but I think that in this case, as Groucho Marx said 'too much is enough'.

I booked tickets for the Sunderland, Bolton and Rangers games and only paid 50p for postage!

I booked tickets for the Sunderland, Bolton and Rangers games and only paid 50p for postage!

What's weird is I just checked my confirmation emails and I definitely didn't pay an admin fee for my ticket purchases but just went on to see what happened if I bought more tickets for the Sunderland game and there is now a ?1.50 admin fee per ticket!

Why have Hearts now added this charge? Or allternatively why did they remove the charge for a wee while?

The ?1.50 'handling' charge is for the fit bird in the ticket office to personally slide your tickets into the licked envelope!

I'd pay at least double if I could watch her doing that!

alwaysthereinspirit

Boo hiss boo boo hiss boo boooo hissssss boo hisssssss boo.

I'm a better fan than you and I dont even go to games.

Booooooo hisssss again.

alwaysthereinspirit
The ?1.50 'handling' charge is for the fit bird in the ticket office to personally slide your tickets into the licked envelope!

I'd pay at least double if I could watch her doing that!

:tt2:

im not to happy either i just phoned to get the bolton and sunderland tickets put on our smartcards and got charged ?6 in booking fees not happy at all

HAHA a ?1.50, you will lose more change down the back of your couch!! Stop being a tight ass and buy the tickets!!

Actually you refusing to buy these tickets appears to be holding up the search for a striker, that ?1.50 is whats swinging the deal our way!!

I popped into the ticket office, paid ?10 for each game total ?20. Cash transaction. No handling charges paid at all.

Simple.

HAHA a ?1.50, you will lose more change down the back of your couch!! Stop being a tight ass and buy the tickets!!

Actually you refusing to buy these tickets appears to be holding up the search for a striker, that ?1.50 is whats swinging the deal our way!!

Yes, Drew, I'm worried about that too ... it could be the want of that ?1.50 that has us relying on Calum Elliot for goals until Christmas. Still, as Casba says in the EEN today, he may be just about to come good!!!

I think that's the nature of the world these days.

That money will (most likely) go to ticketmaster.

Just like when you go to buy concert tickets you end up giving them your cash.

Ticketmaster make Hearts' business easier and because of that we have to pay a fee.

Thig Ar Latha

Dry your eyes and pay it. :42: Most times I buy a ticket for matches, Scotland or Hearts, you have this charge. If you buy a ticket for a concert you have a similar admin charge. Probably how they pay for the staff who man the 24 hour ticket line.

Its part of the price for most items like that now a days.

The charge (AFAIK) is only applied when you buy through ticketmaster. Just phone the ticket office and you'll get it charge-free :sorcerer:

Jam Tarts 1874

Just remember it is not Hearts who are charging you for handling the e-transactions.

The charge (AFAIK) is only applied when you buy through ticketmaster. Just phone the ticket office and you'll get it charge-free :sorcerer:

I got tickets through ticket office & still got charged admin fee!!

portobellojambo1
I got tickets through ticket office & still got charged admin fee!!

Go back in and kick up sh*t. If you do it via the TO and pay cash or by debit card there should be no admin fee added on.

I popped into the ticket office, paid ?10 for each game total ?20. Cash transaction. No handling charges paid at all.

Simple.

same here paid for both games with no handling fee at all

kingantti1874

It's not cost free for hearts, hearts are charged by the bank for credit card facilities ! Blame the bank you have you card with, this is why virtually every organisation in the uk charges a card handling fee if used online. Even the dvla do it if you pay for your road tax online

I paid 50p for to book the 2 tickets and used my own ink to print them...

colinmaroon

I booked tickets for my daughter and grandson to go to the Dr Who Exhibition in Kelvingrove Galleries, and there was a ?1 ticket handling charge for each ticket.

Recently I booked two tickets for a concert in the Armadillo and was charged ?2.50 handling charge!

When I booked my trip to the States earlier thsi year, there was a handling charge!

It's nothing unusual!

Simple.

Give it time, it'll be introduced soon. simples, robbin t wats.

I booked tickets for my daughter and grandson to go to the Dr Who Exhibition in Kelvingrove Galleries, and there was a ?1 ticket handling charge for each ticket.

Recently I booked two tickets for a concert in the Armadillo and was charged ?2.50 handling charge!

When I booked my trip to the States earlier thsi year, there was a handling charge!

It's nothing unusual!

I blame GOD.....

Jambof3tornado
I paid 50p for to book the 2 tickets and used my own ink to print them...

Invoice Hearts for the ink!! I had the same charge applied,bit daft really as its not costing the club hee haw!!!

I agree ?1.50 per game is a joke on top of a heafy outlay for a season ticket.

Does anyone know if there's still a charge if you pay for a game to be added to your smart card via the city centre store?

I agree ?1.50 per game is a joke on top of a heafy outlay for a season ticket.

Does anyone know if there's still a charge if you pay for a game to be added to your smart card via the city centre store?

I don't know if they can do that at the CityStore anyway, but there was no charge in the ticket office.

davemclaren

I look on it as helping my club to defray the costs of the transaction. I feel proud to pay it.

I look on it as helping my club to defray the costs of the transaction. I feel proud to pay it.

Fair play but i feel that a ?460 season ticket, hearts shirt, most of the away games and the odd pie as helping the club and this charge is a rip off (no matter hot much money you have). I think the OP is right.

heartsfc_fan

I bought 2 tickets for the Sunderland game and only got charged 50p to get the tickets delivered, nothing else. This was using a Visa card to pay for them.

?1.50 for other credit cards?

Dean Winchester

Is this not all done through Ticketmaster?

Hence why your paying a fee as that is the fee ticketmaster get for handling the transaction? And also why you don't get charged anything if you go into the Ticket Office?

Edit: Just had a look and it is Ticketmaster. Think yourself lucky it's only ?1.50. I had to pay ?8 admin charges for 1 Nickelback ticket a few months ago! Robbing *******s

Archived