?19 season Tickets

bigwull22

I'm not sure whether this marketing excercise is a good idea or not,maybe letting them in for nowt for a few of the lesser games might have been a better idea, it may well destroy the intimidating atmosphere Tyncastle had/has, seems they have sold over 1000 already, hopefully they going to mainly be in the Gorgie stand, I personally like to go to the games to get rid of some steam, but obviously I would need to keep a lid on it if there are any kids around and this would destroy some of my enjoyment. Just have to wait and see I suppose.

I've been worried from the start that a lot of these seats will be empty much of the time, that they'll dilute the atmosphere AND make it impossible to get walk-up tickets for the bigger games; these are 1,000 fewer seats that can be sold for these games, after all. I just think the pricing is too low; some people will have bought them for a child that might come four times a season. Be interesting to see what the impact is, I agree ...

Commander Harris

:note: i believe the children are our future... :note:

IIRC these tickets can only be bought with an adult ticket, even if there have been 1000 sold how many of these were previous families paying the full concession price already?

If we like it or not we have to fill seats at home and if it's with 1000 extra kids scattered through out the ground then great.I have spent the last 8 years sitting with my son and it never stopped me letting of steam.We all have to remember that it was as children that most of us started going to see Hearts.

Saying that I understand your concerns I once went into the family section at Hampden for a Scotland game and had to sit with a group of kiddies playing computer games.The only thing I remember about the game was how much I wanted take there games away and launch them.

I didn't get a season ticket till I was 15 because my parents didn't think it was value for money for a child. I think it's a great idea and wish it was around when I was younger

Pants Shaton

It's a fine idea unless empty-headed clowns start buying them for newborn babies in a pathetic attention seeking gesture... oh wait.

I got two of these little beauties along with a full adult ticket for my self.

?400 bucks for 3 season tickets is good value for money especially now were about split the old firm again....it's a steal!!!

Ps: Im serious

There's every chance that there could be a few noticeable effects but it's a long-term strategy, not short-term over a season or two. You need to speculate to accumulate and all that jazz...

Dean Winchester

I can see why people think it's going too impact the atmosphere but I still think this is a great idea on Hearts part. When all these kids turn 13 and start begging their parents to renew their season ticket it's going to do nothing but help the club in the long run as well as fill seats that Hearts could never guarantee they where going to sell anyway.

It's 1000 U12 tickets but only about 500 more than already had season tickets last season.

It's hardly the end of the world.

These kids will get merchandise, food etc now which will bring us more money in and hopefully they'll keep coming back for years to come.

How anyone thinks there could be a negative to this is beyond me. We're not Livi, you're not going to hear a stand full of kids doing the "ooooooooooooooooh" before each goal kick.

I had given up my season ticket last season but this offer was to good to miss and now both me and my 8 year old son can't wait for the action to begin.

P.S he certainly wont stop me letting off steam.

Jambof3tornado

Didnt hear anyone complaining when my 8 year old son was paying more than a student does to sit beside me in the wheatfield stand!!!

He has missed out on one of the cheapie deals by a couple of months but has every right to sit where he likes in the ground,and if you swear beside him then thats fine by me but dont complain if he tells you to **** off!!!:qqb016:

The only reason I'm fed up about this idea is that it came 5 or six years too late. Can't belive that there are some here who think bringing youngsters to the match is a bad idea, we all had to start sometime. Me I started going on my own when I was about 10, since then I've had the privilege of bringing along my brother, neices, and nephews.

:sorcerer:

Marmeladent?rtchen

Has anyone here,, or know of anyone,, that has used the under 12 offer and bought season tickets for themselves and one or two children that would not of bought season tickets before?

grumpy rebus
Has anyone here,, or know of anyone,, that has used the under 12 offer and bought season tickets for themselves and one or two children that would not of bought season tickets before?

I had one between the kids last season, but I've got them one each for next season (cue "dad, I want....... dad, I need...." for 90 minutes).

If it wasn't the reduced price, would have probably bought them both, but the price made my mind up for me.

Disser Pointon

Myself, the wife and the 2 kids have had ST's the past few years but we actually bought an extra under 12 one this year as my older las quite often used to bring a pal along. Cant knock ?19 for a ST!!!!!

Jambof3tornado
15p to you. :)

Ahhh cheers for that mate. As a child of the early 70's all that pound shillings and pence and 2 bob bits goes well above my head!!!

Oh aye,forgot tanners and thrupenny bits,or is that just cockney rhyming slang for hooters???

Could only afford to take my son to a few matches last season, but now he has a smartcard of his own, and you should see the smile on his face.As said we were all young once and how this could be seen to be a bad idea is beyond me. Do the posters who are against this have children?

eyesandears
Could only afford to take my son to a few matches last season, but now he has a smartcard of his own, and you should see the smile on his face.As said we were all young once and how this could be seen to be a bad idea is beyond me. Do the posters who are against this have children?

The promotion of the U12 ST is a winner for the future of our club. Most kids go on to support the team they see first and if this brings more of them into Tynie now then bring it on. I guess if we're serious about playing in front of a packed 24,000 redeveloped stadium in the years ahead then I suggest the work has already begun to build the fanbase.

Any new faces at Tynecastle should be welcomed not matter what age, gender, colour, creed or religion.

I got two of these little beauties along with a full adult ticket for my self.

?400 bucks for 3 season tickets is good value for money especially now were about split the old firm again....it's a steal!!!

Ps: Im serious

Same here, I got a full season tickets and 2 kids for my girls.

To be honest, if you take kids to the football you have to expect them to hear the odd bad word now and again, I don't understand people who take kids to the footy them moan at people around them to staop swearing.. What do they expect?

oh ah grantona

the tickets is a good idea but onlt if there a re introduction off the noisey corner families are atmosphere hoovers but good for spending cash at club so accomadate both sets of fans

Jambof3tornado
the tickets is a good idea but onlt if there a re introduction off the noisey corner families are atmosphere hoovers but good for spending cash at club so accomadate both sets of fans

My 12 year old sings louder than anyone in the prawn sandwich seats up behind us!!!!

tbh i could never afford a season ticket for both me and me wee man,

so he went to a few games hear and there!!!

this season hearts have made it more than possible with the under 12's and the three payment scheme.

as someone has already mentioned you cant get an under 12 without buying a full adult and bearing in mind it doesnt cost just ?19 for all parts of the stadium.

my dad started taking me when i was 4-5 years of age and even then it was just on occasion so bully to hearts for introducing younger hearts fans to tynie on a regular basis.

as others have mentioned children whether people like it or not are the future of heart of midlothian f.c and for all that has went on over the past few seasons hearts have to be congratulated for the iniatives they've introduced for attracting young uns to tynie from an earlier age.

years from now it'll bear fruit..... its a long term strategy imo.

Yeah i got one for my daughter who has only been to a handful of games last season.

Why do you ask?

At ?19 i think quite a few people will take up this offer.. Are you in a position to take up this offer, if so have you?

I had my season ticket and two for my kids last year in the roseburn.

My daughter was a waste of space last year and hardly went so she got binned this season.

I decided because of the price to get cat a tickets in the gorgie stand,my wee man is only 6 and is Autistic but to give his mum a break on saturdays he comes with me to the match.

For chunks of the game he plays his psp or ds but for 19 quid it is worth it and i'm hoping that he starts to get right into it the more i take him.

He enjoys the Merchi Hearts before and after the match though.:qqb007:

Ahhh cheers for that mate. As a child of the early 70's all that pound shillings and pence and 2 bob bits goes well above my head!!!

Oh aye,forgot tanners and thrupenny bits,or is that just cockney rhyming slang for hooters???

In my younger days I handled 'tanners and threepenny bits' more or less daily.

HelloSunshine

I can see both sides - it makes sense to get the kids in early as hopefully they will become jambos for life.

However for those who have kids who will not attend every week - it would make sense to allow the U12 ticket to be upgraded to an adult ticket on request on a game by game basis. This way the seat won't be empty for the match and the club can benefit from the ticket sales.

I'm sure the change in atmosphere will be minimal if only 1000 of these sold.

Yep, my two kids-(5 and 8) have only been to one match before and I am hoping the season tickets this year will fully convert them into all that is Hearts.

I also then had the excuse to get myself a ticket again this year so i could take them along.

Roll on the new season.

Jamboross98
I'm not sure whether this marketing excercise is a good idea or not,maybe letting them in for nowt for a few of the lesser games might have been a better idea, it may well destroy the intimidating atmosphere Tyncastle had/has, seems they have sold over 1000 already, hopefully they going to mainly be in the Gorgie stand, I personally like to go to the games to get rid of some steam, but obviously I would need to keep a lid on it if there are any kids around and this would destroy some of my enjoyment. Just have to wait and see I suppose.

That's just sad. If that's all you do at games, is go to shout and swear at the team or opposition, then that's very sad indeed. I've moved my seat from the centre of the Wheatfield to Section G just so my 8 year old son can experience what it's like to be in the singing section at Hearts. He hates swearing, but accepts that adults will swear (including myself) if something unfair happens. He'll not do it himself, but he always pulls up his old man for it. Personally, I think it's a great thing and people have to remember that we need to bring in kids to the games for the future fans, you'll be the same as well one day if you ever have kids.Truth is, it's a great marketing exercise. Kids make their parents spend money in the ground on merchandise and catering, so Hearts will gain from it everytime we play at home in the league games.

That's just sad. If that's all you do at games, is go to shout and swear at the team or opposition, then that's very sad indeed. I've moved my seat from the centre of the Wheatfield to Section G just so my 8 year old son can experience what it's like to be in the singing section at Hearts. He hates swearing, but accepts that adults will swear (including myself) if something unfair happens. He'll not do it himself, but he always pulls up his old man for it. Personally, I think it's a great thing and people have to remember that we need to bring in kids to the games for the future fans, you'll be the same as well one day if you ever have kids.Truth is, it's a great marketing exercise. Kids make their parents spend money in the ground on merchandise and catering, so Hearts will gain from it everytime we play at home in the league games.

get a grip! I take it your part of the Hurrah for the opposition brigade

sandylejambo
get a grip! I take it your part of the Hurrah for the opposition brigade

i thought his point was valid and well put, in fact if only one of you two has a grip, it is'nt you

i thought his point was valid and well put, in fact if only one of you two has a grip, it is'nt you

I'm hurt by your rapier like wit. or am I just Half right.

Too many kids will destroy the Tynecastle atmosphere, fact.

Jambof3tornado

Is that right? And what age does a kid suddenly improve the atmosphere??

Your talking out yer bum and the atmosphere isnt what it used to be,but thats not down to kids!!!:geek:

Is that right? And what age does a kid suddenly improve the atmosphere??

Your talking out yer bum and the atmosphere isnt what it used to be,but thats not down to kids!!!:geek:

As long as they are in the family section then fine, but spread all over the ground they will hoover up any atmosphere, even if unintentionally.

sandylejambo

i was'nt being witty, just like you

As long as they are in the family section then fine, but spread all over the ground they will hoover up any atmosphere, even if unintentionally.

Surely it would be the opposite way round? If you piles all the U12's together you'd get a massive section of kids doing the "ooooooooooooooh" before each opposition goal kick and singing songs in annoying high-pitched voices as would be heard whenever we played at Almondvale.

If they're spread out they'll be in amongst other fans who will probably sing and if the kids sing along it'll just add to the volume but not send a huge whiney noise from one section of the stadium.

How kids can "hoover up atmosphere" I have no idea. It might make some people watch their swearing when they normally wouldn't but it's not going to stop people singing.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you take your seat against Rangers when you realise the millions of new children haven't turned the place into a library :sorcerer:

Surely it would be the opposite way round? If you piles all the U12's together you'd get a massive section of kids doing the "ooooooooooooooh" before each opposition goal kick and singing songs in annoying high-pitched voices as would be heard whenever we played at Almondvale.

If they're spread out they'll be in amongst other fans who will probably sing and if the kids sing along it'll just add to the volume but not send a huge whiney noise from one section of the stadium.

How kids can "hoover up atmosphere" I have no idea. It might make some people watch their swearing when they normally wouldn't but it's not going to stop people singing.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you take your seat against Rangers when you realise the millions of new children haven't turned the place into a library :sorcerer:

or alternitavely they can always be used to clean up the mess outside the stadium after the game those big hooverers?????????

Archived