Hibbies - Selective Memories or What!!!

Paris 84

They've got a thread over on hibs.not asking people to recall their first ever Edinburgh Derby. http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=105946 Unbelieveably out of 27 posts so far, only TWO people witnessed a Hearts win........and even those two witnessed the same game!!

For what it's worth my first derby was at Tynie and we got beat 4-0 with Pat Quinn scoring a hat-trick. I also painfully witnessed the 0-7 game up until the 4th went in. The 70's in general were a bad time to be going to school and serving the first years of your working life as a Jambo.

But hey.......since 1983 normal service has been resumed and more, we've even had periods where we were unbeaten for years on end. Funny to think there was hardly any young Hibbies at any of those derbys for the first time. :dribble::dribble:

Its a hobo disease

I just posted the same on another thread

They seem to have forgot the 5-1 game and the plenty of other 4-0 wins we have dished out to them in recent years

I suppose they have there one and only famous 6-2 win where we have plenty of famous victory's

our big wins aren't really famous, more expected

their wins are famous since they tend to be so few and far between

You might want to post these FACTS over at "methodone central".

A comparison of Hearts v Hibs victories over the decades, courtesy of London Hearts of course

Hearts wins

Hibs wins

1870 0 2

1880 2 3

1890 7 4

1900 13 4

1910 17 3

1920 3 8

1930 9 3

1940 9 12

1950 15 6

1960 9 7

1970 2 13

1980 13 3

1990 17 7

2000 11 8

So currently (and I assume it is up to date)

Hearts 127 v Hibs 83

I can only assume most of the flumps went to see their victories in the 70's. :rolleyes:

You might want to post these FACTS over at "methodone central".

A comparison of Hearts v Hibs victories over the decades, courtesy of London Hearts of course

Hearts wins

Hibs wins

1870 0 2

1880 2 3

1890 7 4

1900 13 4

1910 17 3

1920 3 8

1930 9 3

1940 9 12

1950 15 6

1960 9 7

1970 2 13

1980 13 3

1990 17 7

2000 11 8

So currently (and I assume it is up to date)

Hearts 127 v Hibs 83

I can only assume most of the flumps went to see their victories in the 70's. :rolleyes:

Given that the game is at Tynecastle, it would only be fair to put up the stats for games played at Tynie, rather than the overall record. :dribble:

Ya know, I cant actually remember what my first derby was... odd.

Neither can I, one of my earliest though was the "Wayne Foster" Cup tie at Easter Road, I was 8 at the time and my first ever match (0-0 at home to Rangers), was 1987 so couldnt have been far off my first derby.

My first derby was in Sept (?) 1984 when my Dad took me to Easter Road.

We were one down to a Paul Kane goal, cue much nastyness in the Dunbar End, but Levein equalised and Derek O'Connor scored the winner near the end of the game.

Superb!

Fine Scottish Wine
Neither can I, one of my earliest though was the "Wayne Foster" Cup tie at Easter Road, I was 8 at the time and my first ever match (0-0 at home to Rangers), was 1987 so couldnt have been far off my first derby.

Ah the memories.

fosterwip01ot6.jpg

Fine Scottish Wine

We were one down to a Paul Kane goal, cue much nastyness in the Dunbar End, but Levein equalised and Derek O'Connor scored the winner near the end of the game.

Superb!

Was that not the game where the Frankie says Hearts 2 Hibs 1 t-shirts came from, used to have one of them but long gone now though.

I vaguely remember mine, I think Alan Sneddon and Gary Mackay scored in a 1-1 draw but I could be way off. Will check London Hearts sharpish!

Was that not the game where the Frankie says Hearts 2 Hibs 1 t-shirts came from, used to have one of them but long gone now though.

Hahahaha!

Yes!

Wayne Foster game was 1994.

If you were 8 then, and your first game attended was in 1987, then you would have been 1 year old!

Good work fella!

Hearts Heritage

Since 1983 AKA the Modern Era

P93 W41 D34 L18

From

1983090310.jpg

Also Hearts have had 5 sent off Hibs 14.

Alan Roderick Rough played in the first 17 without winning a single game.

The Hobos do indeed have short memories (I suspect its the smack).

My first derby was at Fester Road. I think it was the 86/87 season, but most importantly the JT's pumped them 3-1!

My first was an East of Scotland Shiled game in 1982 at ER. We lost 1-0, with Jackie Macnamara scoring a late free kick. I remember the big double terrace and getting crushed against a barrier.

In the league, it was a 0-0 from April or May 1984, again at ER.

Buffalo Bill

Fine Scottish Wine

1983090310.jpg

That is still the best one of them all for me. May have only been 3-2 but what a game, what a crowd and what a celebration after.

MacDonald Jardine

It was.

Cracking photo on the shirt.

Fine Scottish Wine
It was.

Cracking photo on the shirt.

A Hibee guy i used to know had to print some of them off, no luck. Sees his team get beat then has to print of t-shirts for Jambos. :)

Superb!

Also my first derby, "Frankie says 2-1!

Hearts Heritage

If I had to choose 3 Derbies that I was at

the 4-1 in 1973

that 3-2 game

the game on 2nd April 2006.

DuffJimmy1875

I was genuinely too young to remember my 1st derby, but statistically speaking seeing as it would have been at ER in the very early 1990's, it will have been - at best - a draw.

The fatboy Phil Stamp derby at ER still hurts - hearing the South Stand give it "are you watching Hibbee ****" as I trudged home watchin Hibs fans practically come to blows outside the stadium was a pretty low moment it has to be said.

mines was the 3-0 defeat at the so-called millenium derby. have to say that it hurt. but all the wins since have more than made up for that day ;)

The People's Chimp

TBh I would have to ask my dad, but on the law of averages, i imagine it would have been a hearts win.

Mines actually was one where aomebody a new guy. DeFries? DeReece? OH DeVries! yeah he was playing. Had a good game.

maroonlegions

Mines was at tynie when Robbo jumped up with a hobo defender to challange for the ball it broke kindly for him and he took great delight smashing it past Goram 2-1 to the jambos , can still remember the hearts fans going bonkers all around me what a game but the one that stands out for me is 02-04-06, the joy and celebrations of all the goals then the journey home and right to the boozer after and knowing full well that work on Monday was going to be fun.:106years::food-smiley-004::spongebob3:

cant remember my first Hearts Hibs game as such however remember the 4-0 hammering we gave them at Easter Road with Colin Cameron scoring for 35 yards over Leighton, I remember being in the main stand as we got the stand behind the goal and half the main stand. Superb.

loveofthegame

1-1 in the derby before super wayne.

Super wayne was my 1st away derby although was in the family section to the left of the main away end with my Dad as i was only 7! Missed they're equaliser as was at the toilet and Waynes winner as the ppl in front of me all stood up!

First one I remember was the 1-1 game in 75 when Stanton scored in about the 17th minute of injury time.

I remember that , was it not offside as well ;) ref was Ian Foote who also refereed a derby when Higgins scored even later after the Jambos went down to nine men , the SFA were at it then as well ;)

My first derby (I think) was 1971 at Tynie a 0-0 game .

Archived