JLV

Griclesfield

played as a trialist for dundee yesterday in a bounce match versus the hobos.

hope he ripped them a new one just like he did in the 5-1 match many moons ago.

played as a trialist for dundee yesterday in a bounce match versus the hobos.

hope he ripped them a new one just like he did in the 5-1 match many moons ago.

What a master performance that was

of course according to hibs fans that game never actually happend

Only the 6-2 game did

On his game he was a great player to watch. He scored 2 cracking free kicks in consecutive games if I remember rightly. And he was absolutely brilliant in the so De Vriesy game - man of the match in my view - ahead of a guy who scored 4!

Levein was not so good at managing flair players so it ended a bit soggily for Jean Louis at Hearts.

On his game he was a great player to watch. He scored 2 cracking free kicks in consecutive games if I remember rightly. And he was absolutely brilliant in the so De Vriesy game - man of the match in my view - ahead of a guy who scored 4!

Levein was not so good at managing flair players so it ended a bit soggily for Jean Louis at Hearts.

Interesting Coco, I spoke with JLV when he was at Tynie (Well game) and he intimated that he would not play for Levein again. He did say that he as surprised (and disappointed) that Levein did not take him from Burnley to Leicester, choosing instead to sign Joe Hammil..

Interesting Coco, I spoke with JLV when he was at Tynie (Well game) and he intimated that he would not play for Levein again. He did say that he as surprised (and disappointed) that Levein did not take him from Burnley to Leicester, choosing instead to sign Joe Hammil..

It seems strange to me that JLV would think Levein would want him - after he was basically frozen out by Levein at Hearts in his last few months.

Hammil to Leicester was a bizarre choice by Levein. He repeated the mistakes by the likes of Tommy Burns at Reading and even Jefferies at Bradford by failing to recognise that mid tier SPL players were not good enough for Championship/lower Premiership leagues.

Strikes me that McLeish is yet again repeating that mistake. McFadden is a good player, but lacks enough pace for the very top. And Murphy lacks pace and defensive ability (though is a good diver).

It seems strange to me that JLV would think Levein would want him - after he was basically frozen out by Levein at Hearts in his last few months.

Hammil to Leicester was a bizarre choice by Levein. He repeated the mistakes by the likes of Tommy Burns at Reading and even Jefferies at Bradford by failing to recognise that mid tier SPL players were not good enough for Championship/lower Premiership leagues.

Strikes me that McLeish is yet again repeating that mistake. McFadden is a good player, but lacks enough pace for the very top. And Murphy lacks pace and defensive ability (though is a good diver).

Spot on mate - I agree entirely.

Commander Harris

is there a more inconsistant performer than JLV? A player who managed to be our best and worst player all at the same time. :)

is there a more inconsistant performer than JLV? A player who managed to be our best and worst player all at the same time. :)

skacel !?!

Dunk-Section G

Skacel's season at Tynie?

Commander Harris

While Skacel did not maintain his excellent performances for the whole season he was not absoute pish poor during the second half of that season. Certainly not up to the high standards he had set himself but by no means S***.

JLV on the other hand could be amazing one week and absolutely rank rotten the next.

Juanjo?

Commander Harris

none of these options were either as good as JLV on his good days and as bad as JLV on his off days. The sheer extremes in JLV's performances were what I was getting at.

If he'd managed to maintain the performances of the first six months throughout his career he'd have been a top top player. I think I enjoyed watching him more than any other Hearts player when he was at his best.

none of these options were either as good as JLV on his good days and as bad as JLV on his off days. The sheer extremes in JLV's performances were what I was getting at.

eddie fenwick

prentice

The Marooney Meister
What's it got to do with Levein if he's a trialist for Dundee??

Think you'd need to read all the posts to get that one m8.

Drylaw Hearts

If we make it through the 'Well replay and JVL does sign for Dundee, I bet he tears our Robbie a new one.

Archived