Cheese

Gambo

What the hell is stilton cheese all about?

You wouldn't eat mouldy bread so why do you eat mouldy cheese?

ps Got thinking about cheese after asking for the cheese board when out for a meal yesterday..............pushed the aforementioned stilton to one side along with the brie, and got stuck into the cheddar and some other nice yellow coloured 'soft' cheese. Did not recognise the soft cheese but it tasted nice so was about to ask the wife to sample some to see if she recognised it so we could buy some at the shops when it clicked on me...............i had been slicing the butter up and puting it on my crackers.:confused:

To be honest Gambo, if you can't tell the difference between cheese and butter then no way is your pallette going to be capable of appreciating stilton ;)

christhejambo

Im definately a cheese lover, but not a fan of stilton either to be honest. Roquefort has to be the worst in terms of mouldy cheese- gets its mould from being stored in caves i think- tastes like feet/paint- absolutely honking, and really acidic

I'm not a huge fan of the blue cheeses either.

Cheddar-type hard cheeses or brie-type soft cheeses are my thing.

Any smoked cheese (especially applewood) are my fave.

Boursin is lovely too.

Blue cheese is only acceptable when incoporated into a sauce!

Used to not like blue cheeses, but now love them

Roquefort and Dolcelatte are my faves, with Brie completing my top 3 cheeses!

Port Salut is the top dog in my eyes.

I do like an Applewood smoked, as well, though - and coloured cheddar, Edam, Wensleydale and all the Gloucester/Leicester efforts are personal favourites.

Can't be doing with anything strong.

Port Salut is the top dog in my eyes.

I do like an Applewood smoked, as well, though - and coloured cheddar, Edam, Wensleydale and all the Gloucester/Leicester efforts are personal favourites.

Can't be doing with anything strong.

Had Port Salut last night along with wensleydale & cranberry on a big cheese platter.

A few glasses of red wine as well.

Sound like.

white stilton and a glass of port = heaven

proper stilton, which is kinda hard to come by now, with crackers and a lovely red wine = scrummy

chedder, edam, applewood, boursin, all fantastic

brie = babyvomit

very few cheeses that i've not liked, other than when they put rubbish like pineapple or whatever in them. tried a lovely jalapeno soft chedder though, and that was bloody gorgeous

I love Stilton Cheese.

ch-50-1312-colston%20basset%20stilton%20copy.jpg

I also love Brie but only when it is running and starting to aft aroma like smelly socks.

Breadcrumbed and deep fried brie is to die for.

i'd definitely try that. i'm not a fan of camambert, but i do enjoy that deep fried in breadcrumbs occasionally. not had it in years mind you, cos as i recall it gave me a bit of a headache

i'd definitely try that. i'm not a fan of camambert, but i do enjoy that deep fried in breadcrumbs occasionally. not had it in years mind you, cos as i recall it gave me a bit of a headache

cheese_brie_b.jpg

:1022:

ArmiyaRomanova
I love Mozzarella, cheese from heaven!

Bufala.jpg

That and some Parma ham in a crusty roll......

Mmmmmmmmmmm....

What the hell is stilton cheese all about?

You wouldn't eat mouldy bread so why do you eat mouldy cheese?

ps Got thinking about cheese after asking for the cheese board when out for a meal yesterday..............pushed the aforementioned stilton to one side along with the brie, and got stuck into the cheddar and some other nice yellow coloured 'soft' cheese. Did not recognise the soft cheese but it tasted nice so was about to ask the wife to sample some to see if she recognised it so we could buy some at the shops when it clicked on me...............i had been slicing the butter up and puting it on my crackers.:confused:

I almost spat my coffee everywhere lol thats so funny;)

I couldn't believe I found McLelland's seriously mild scottish cheddar last week, in my local COSTCO! Ye really miss scottish cheddar when ye canny get it! ;) Quite like brie and camembert. Not into those blue cheese's. There's an Italian cheese in a jar. Bought it in Japan once. It had no taste! :eek:

Lynn:wavey:

I'm not in favour of these silly fads like pineapple in cheese, but I've got one with wasabi in it. Mmmmm!

Ooooh, fancy! Camenbert, stilton, boursin, wendslydale......

Not for me, give me a healthy living cheese slice from Tesco's any day!

Cheese is for Hobos.

Archived