Beat This

vegas-voss

Was in my local British Legion with my father inlaw the other day.Anyway 4 pints and an OVD ?6.75.Best pint i have had in ages aswell Carling Extra Cold and they store the glasses in the fridge.We were in the local before that and it cost ?5.70 for two pints.

I remember being in an ex-servicemans club in Leith about 1994.

4 pints, 2 vodka & coke, a rum & coke & a couple of whiskeys. Under a tenner or thereabouts.

Great stuff!

I remember being in an ex-servicemans club in Leith about 1994.

4 pints, 2 vodka & coke, a rum & coke & a couple of whiskeys. Under a tenner or thereabouts.

Great stuff!

Canny beat it im going to become a member.Is the only place about that is still really busy aswell and i's a great crack tool.Bit short on women(but hey im married and only interested in the drink anyway)

Was in manchester a few months back and had a lunchtime pint in a total dive of a place called fridays or the friday bar, was ?1.10 a pint all day every day !!

Was in manchester a few months back and had a lunchtime pint in a total dive of a place called fridays or the friday bar, was ?1.10 a pint all day every day !!

I think anyone would drink in a dive if it was ?1.10 for a pint!!!

These kinds of places rule.

The Overseas Club in Princes St iirc is reasonable. That's where I watched the open top bus parades from when we've won the cups! It's got a cool wee balcony overlooking the gardens.

Ex-serv clubs are cheap as chips too, as someone said.

Was in my local British Legion with my father inlaw the other day.Anyway 4 pints and an OVD ?6.75.Best pint i have had in ages aswell Carling Extra Cold and they store the glasses in the fridge.We were in the local before that and it cost ?5.70 for two pints.

Is it in Portobello??? If so we have been there and they have glass bottles of lemonade and Irn Bru on the bar you just help yourself no extra charge, its great!!!!

These places are great as well, you dont think, because it is so cheap you will not spend as much. you think its so cheap and that means you must drink more. Its like a challenge that you have to take on!!!

Cheap booze rules!!!

CompleteIdiot
These places are great as well, you dont think, because it is so cheap you will not spend as much. you think its so cheap and that means you must drink more. Its like a challenge that you have to take on!!!

Cheap booze rules!!!

Oh good Lord! Please don't let Kenny McAskill read that.

Kenny, if you are reading this... I wish to distance myself from the above poster's statement. Cheap booze does not make me drink more. It makes me richer and allows me to spend more in the Scottish economy as opposed to handing over money to international brewing giants. :P

Is it in Portobello??? If so we have been there and they have glass bottles of lemonade and Irn Bru on the bar you just help yourself no extra charge, its great!!!!

Na Prestonpans

Say What Again

I was in Milan during the week. A pint of lager and a Jack Daniels & coke was ?14.70 (?11.30) also got hit ?8.50 (?6.50) for a pint of Guinness. :mad:

Archived