Addition to Your User CP

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

I've added a new add on to your user cp..it's the ability to format the the text in your posts to whatever font/size/colour you like.

I know most won't use it, but there are some who use different fonts when posting, this add on gives you the ability to set it once in your UserCP as opposed to changing it every post.

Go to Edit Option, then scroll right down to the bottom of the page.

That's better.

My first attempt I picked the same bloody font as the board default!!

Then too small. Thank Christ I don't work in advertising.

Commander Harris

can we introduce the death penalty for anyone who uses Comic Sans?

That's better.

My first attempt I picked the same bloody font as the board default!!

Then too small. Thank Christ I don't work in advertising.

which size is the default?

The one that says "default"

:th_o:

:D yes thanks. i mean which of the font sizes is the same size as the default!!

portobellojambo1
which size is the default?

Same size as Tazio's last post (presumably).

So, one now has to work out if victorian is of the Hibernain persuasion or if his post above was simply a lapse of concentration.

Same size as Tazio's last post (presumably).

So, one now has to work out if victorian is of the Hibernain persuasion or if his post above was simply a lapse of concentration.

oh christ, to avoid becoming the subject of the next mccarthy-esque kangaroo court i shall say no more. :D

i'll work it oot masel. baah.

portobellojambo1
oh christ, to avoid becoming the subject of the next mccarthy-esque kangaroo court i shall say no more. :D

i'll work it oot masel. baah.

Chill, victorian, it was meant in a jocular fashion, I apologise if it came across otherwise. :2thumbsup:

(and don't refer to me as christ, it gives me a complex about my age !!!!).

Chill, victorian, it was meant in a jocular fashion, I apologise if it came across otherwise. :2thumbsup:

(and don't refer to me as christ, it gives me a complex about my age !!!!).

:2thumbsup:

I P Knightley

I got a little bit hard when I read about this.

It's not the right time or place for me to go selecting new fonts but the anticipation of doing so will keep me going.

Denny Crane

Dexter are you taking the pish? My eyesight's bad enough as it is without having to do all sorts of aerobics in order to read "get it pumped" and "mad Vald"!

I agree with my fellow Bonnyrigger and the Scouser :D

Dex, get rid of it. It's annoying and was better before.

Radioactive Mince

To change the size of text, use one of these methods, depending on which browser you are using. If you have a mouse wheel, in some browsers you can also control text size by rotating the mouse wheel while depressing Ctrl or Ctrl+Shift. Internet Explorer 5/6: On the browser bar, select the 'View' menu, then 'Text Size', then select the text size you want:

Changing text size in Internet Explorer 5/6

Internet Explorer 7: On the browser bar, select the 'Page' menu, then 'Text Size', then select the text size you want:

Changing text size in Internet Explorer 5/6

Mozilla: On the browser bar, select the ‘View’ menu, then ‘Text Zoom’, then select the size text you want. Or use Ctrl++. (Ctrl+- will reduce text; Ctrl+0 will return text to the default size):

Changing text sixe in Mozilla

Firefox: On the browser bar, select the 'View' menu, then 'Text Size', then click on 'Increase' until you reach the size text you want. Or use Ctrl++. (Ctrl+- will reduce text; Ctrl+0 will return text to the default size):

Changing text size in Firefox

Opera: On the browser bar, select the 'Tools' menu, then 'Preferences' [Ctrl+F12]. In the new window select the 'Web pages' tab, then select the text size you want from the 'Page zoom' drop-down menu.

Changing text size in Opera Changing text size in Opera

Full screen: Using the full screen allows you to see significantly more of a web page but reduces the availability of the browser controls. To use the entire screen for the web page, press the F11 key. Pressing F11 again will restore the default browser and other bars.

EDIT: Mods - You guys should really remove yellow. It's a bit silly having it as an option.

Mince.

I agree, I hate it as well.

Me too. The default font is there for a reason, it is the easiest to read.

I've started skipping posts that have changed their fonts and colours now, it looks awful.

Guest GhostHunter

I've removed all the colours apart from black, and the font sizes larger than 4.

Sheesh.

I suppose I better shelve the plans to change the board's colour scheme to green then.:)

I've removed all the colours apart from black, and the font sizes larger than 4.

Sheesh.

I suppose I better shelve the plans to change the board's colour scheme to green then.:)

The moderator is a Hobo right enough then? :hat2:

Archived