The Manager

Gimme an H...

Gimme an H...

Why cant we just sign a Scottish Manager? Take a look at the most successfull teams in our league, ie the OF. The majority of their managers have been Scottish. I think its more important to have a Scot managing a Scottish club then an Englishman managing an English one. The game up here is different in terms of passion, you need someone who has been through it ie having played in it or managed in it or both. Now, if we get a foreigner with a high pedigree who is proven in British football, and I dont mean someone who has done it with 'P1shy wee teams' like this Thor boy, then I'll be willing to see what happens but if it came to a straight choice between a guy like this Icelander and a Scot, I'd hope to God that they'd choose the Scot.

Why cant we just sign a Scottish Manager? Take a look at the most successfull teams in our league, ie the OF. The majority of their managers have been Scottish. I think its more important to have a Scot managing a Scottish club then an Englishman managing an English one. The game up here is different in terms of passion, you need someone who has been through it ie having played in it or managed in it or both. Now, if we get a foreigner with a high pedigree who is proven in British football, and I dont mean someone who has done it with 'P1shy wee teams' like this Thor boy, then I'll be willing to see what happens but if it came to a straight choice between a guy like this Icelander and a Scot, I'd hope to God that they'd choose the Scot.

See here is the scary thing Rangers anyway have one of the best Scottish managers around after Ferguson and Moyes and if im being honest i don't think he is really that great ok but not great.Strachan well he has the most money and has had things easy but now finding it tough now Smith is back on the scene.I think the whole McGhee success thing and Burley before him shows off the SPL for what it really is.Quite easy to any half decent Championship manager.

Martin O Neill didnt do too badly up here......

anyway, re this Thor guy, it's paper talk, thats all. And it should be treated as such.

The papers now NOWT about Hearts, end of.

Kemptons feet

Chances are we will appoint someone who we have not really heard off. Thor fits the bill. Will he be any good? Who knows. But he fits the bill.

IMO we will never appoint Mcgee, Levien, Jeffries etc.

Just don't think its Vlads style.

Just my OP. Hope its wrong as usual.

Who knows, maybe Thor or whoever the unknown we appoint is might be quite good. IMO we will take a punt.

I recon Vlad loves a punt.

Ok, we'll give Tommy McLean a call.

No? How about Sandy Clark?

Bobby Williamson?

Wait a minute, Stevie Frail's Scottish!!!!!

Why not just pick the manage best for the job, whether they be Scottish, English or Outer Mongolian????

As for the 'p1shy wee teams' comment, out of Hearts and Stoke City, which one is spending ?2.5m this transfer window? A clue: it ain't Hearts.

Gimme an H...
Ok, we'll give Tommy McLean a call.

No? How about Sandy Clark?

Bobby Williamson?

Wait a minute, Stevie Frail's Scottish!!!!!

Why not just pick the manage best for the job, whether they be Scottish, English or Outer Mongolian????

As for the 'p1shy wee teams' comment, out of Hearts and Stoke City, which one is spending ?2.5m this transfer window? A clue: it ain't Hearts.

Who would you rather have, Billy Davies or Thor?

Or an Outer Mongolian?

The top teams in this league have Scottish managers. You, 99 times out of 100, need a Scottish manager to be successful in this league. Yes, there have been successful foreign managers in the SPL but WE need a Scottish manager proven in Scotland or England. We've 'tried' enough foreigners to last us a lifetime under Vlad. We've taken too many risks. This is Vlads last chance to get it right. End of.

From Perth to Paisley

Or an Outer Mongolian?

The top teams in this league have Scottish managers. You, 99 times out of 100, need a Scottish manager to be successful in this league. Yes, there have been successful foreign managers in the SPL but WE need a Scottish manager proven in Scotland or England. We've 'tried' enough foreigners to last us a lifetime under Vlad. We've taken too many risks. This is Vlads last chance to get it right. End of.

So do all the bottom ones!!!!

the top teams in THIS league also won titles with foreign managers as well.

BEING SCOTTISH IS NOT AN AUTOMATIC RECIPE FOR SUCCESS, unless ur Sir alex.

its being the right manager with the right players be he scotish, welsh, icelandic or outer mongolian.

concentrating solely on scottish managers reduces the amount of talent available imo to 3.

jeffries, Levein & davies; the rest, like Mcghee or sourness we wont get a sniff at. the rest aren't good enough imho for what we should be aiming for e.g. tango man, robbo, brewster et al. :527:

Or an Outer Mongolian?

Billy Davies every time. Although i'm sure Vlad's files have pinpointed a useful coach in the Outer Mongolian Division B (North)

I agree with all you say - I just don;t think we should be restricting ourselves to just Scottish managers.

I'm not sure it was the fact our recent managers have been foreign, I think it;s more to do with the fact they were either useless or puppets. Or both.

Or an Outer Mongolian?

And how many trophies have we won under a Scottish manager in recent years? One!!!

Most scottish managers would defer to the Old Firm at every chance they get, I can remember Jeffries and Levein doing exactly that on many occasions, so the manager doesnt need to be scottish, but needs to be good, and in full control of the team,coaching and discipline

Archived