Hearts sign Bouzid (merged)

JamboRossi79

Mark_Mywords
Tony Starks writes flawless English.

That may seem improbable for an Algerian -

but it certainly rules out the hobo theory.

Tony Starks = Story Stank

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like Csaba sees Bouzid and Kucharski as our first choice centre halfs for next year.

Excellent news IMO.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-debut-for-Bouzid-.5448002.jp

Laszlo has already earmarked Bouzid for a central defensive role alongside another recent signing, Dawid Kucharski, when the SPL season begins in earnest. "The first choice at the moment is definitely Kucharski and Bouzid," he said.

what if it means zaliukas playing in the midfield holding role?

still happy?

Guest JamboRobbo

I think its too early to know, but hopefully if they perform well, they will be first choice.

I live in hope. :10900:

Guest JamboRobbo
what if it means zaliukas playing in the midfield holding role?

still happy?

Of course not, we'd get done by the SFA for playing a suspended player.

I didn't think that we would replace the players. eg Robbie to be replaced by Jason Thomson, Karipidis by Jonsson etc.

So with the signings the wage bill has been cut but not slashed. :10900:

I would call saving an estimated ?5k a week on 4 players wages a slash rather than a cut :smiley2:

Of course not, we'd get done by the SFA for playing a suspended player.

very good.

anyway, i would like to see the two new boys first to be able to see if they are better options than zaliukas. it seems hard to tell at present.

maroonlegions

Time will tell with this dude but in Shaba we trust ,if he is good enough for Shaba then i am happy. :2thumbsup:, Welcome big man.:2thumbsup:

Guest JamboRobbo
very good.

anyway, i would like to see the two new boys first to be able to see if they are better options than zaliukas. it seems hard to tell at present.

Fair enough. I still think it's good news that our manager seems to think of them as potential first choices, rather than squad players or players needing a bit of time to bed in or whatever.

Little point discussing Zal my views on him are well known and I doubt we're gonna agree or even think of anything new to be said on that subject somehow. Plus this thread is about Bouzid.

Possibly more evidence that Csaba wants to go with Bouzid and Kucharski, even when Zaliukas is available.

"Also, we can't forget Ryan McGowan behind them," said: Laszlo. "We will help this young guy to grow in his position, but the first choice at the moment is definitely Kucharski and Bouzid. We know Marius is out for four games but he is also a player who can help us."

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/New-signings-to-be-Hearts39.5447910.jp

Even better that he didn't mention Goncalves, so hopefully he'll be off at some point.

Fair enough. I still think it's good news that our manager seems to think of them as potential first choices, rather than squad players or players needing a bit of time to bed in or whatever.

Little point discussing Zal my views on him are well known and I doubt we're gonna agree or even think of anything new to be said on that subject somehow. Plus this thread is about Bouzid.

AGREED (fanfare). it does bode well that csaba sees them as of sufficient quality to go straight in.

Guest JamboRobbo
Possibly more evidence that Csaba wants to go with Bouzid and Kucharski, even when Zaliukas is available.

"Also, we can't forget Ryan McGowan behind them," said: Laszlo. "We will help this young guy to grow in his position, but the first choice at the moment is definitely Kucharski and Bouzid. We know Marius is out for four games but he is also a player who can help us."

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/New-signings-to-be-Hearts39.5447910.jp

Even better that he didn't mention Goncalves, so hopefully he'll be off at some point.

Sounds like Csaba is already busy sorting the wheat from the chaff.

First off, I'd like to thank the admin(s) for finally activating my account. I signed up on here yesterday right after Bouzid joined the club and I've been waiting ever since. I'm Algerian and have followed Ismael's career since he was still in the reserve side at Metz and featuring for the Algerian U23 team.

I read through this topic and it seems that many of you are happy with the signing. However, I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but there's a reason why he hasn't lasted very long at any club. Although he has great height and physique, he's quite slow to react to players and he's not exactly the greatest defender. He's shown glimpses of becoming a good player but makes way too many mistakes and is far too inconsistent to be counted on regulary. He started last season with ES Troyes (France Ligue 2) and started the first 7 games before the coach had enough and benched him. However, It seems like he's played quite well since moving to Turkey in January, from what I've been able to gather anyway. Hopefully he'll continue his good form with Hearts!

Personally, I hope he succeeds with the club .. I won't really count on it though.

So if you Really are Al Gerian who the fek is Tony Starks??

Probably Sergey then.

if JKB names start appearing on it then it will have the sad & pathetic hallmarks of sir gay.

sir gay = saddest little scrote on earth.

From reading that it appears Zaliukas may have burnt his bridges with Csaba. Going with the 2 new guys with McGowan as backup is a step in the right direction IMO.

Delighted that he's going to give Ryan his chance. He deserves it.

I thought one of the bright spots in the Korobotcha/Frail season was the 15 minutes by McGowan in the last game against Gretna.

It seemed odd that he didn't feature last season.

Ryan Gosling
I thought one of the bright spots in the Korobotcha/Frail season was the 15 minutes by McGowan in the last game against Gretna.

He would have played 5 games if he hadn't injured his knee 2 days before his 'debut game'. Was a real shame.

He would have played 5 games if he hadn't injured his knee 2 days before his 'debut game'. Was a real shame.

When was that? Was it when Jonsson went to centre back and Zaliukas suspended?

McGowan played against Barcelona too I think - with Jonsson at centre back? They looked quite good in that games.

Edit - I guess you mean all the games after the split in the Frail season?

Ryan Gosling
When was that? Was it when Jonsson went to centre back and Zaliukas suspended?

McGowan played against Barcelona too I think - with Jonsson at centre back? They looked quite good in that games.

Edit - I guess you mean all the games after the split in the Frail season?

I do. Csaba felt he wasn't 'prepared' to play with the first team last year, which is why you'll see him playing more games this pre-season alongside Kucharski or Bouzid.

For anyone doubting me as a 'hobo' (I'm guessing a rival teams fans?), I had a blog on Algerian football and you can see the articles signed TonyStarks:

http://boitachemma.blogspot.com

I'm also a mod on the forum of the biggest Algerian football website:

http://forum.dzfoot.com

I rush on here to give you guys some info and this is the thanks I get, bizarre.

And for anyone wondering why I follow the career of a Metz reserve player, well he was a regular starter on our Under-23 national team at the time and was a member of the team that almost qualified to the 2006 Olympics. Since then, his career has taken many twists and turns, including a season back home in Algeria with MC Alger (biggest club at home).

shaun.lawson
For anyone doubting me as a 'hobo' (I'm guessing a rival teams fans?), I had a blog on Algerian football and you can see the articles signed TonyStarks:

I rush on here to give you guys some info and this is the thanks I get, bizarre.

And for anyone wondering why I follow the career of a Metz reserve player, well he was a regular starter on our Under-23 national team at the time and was a member of the team that almost qualified to the 2006 Olympics. Since then, his career has taken many twists and turns, including a season back home in Algeria with MC Alger (biggest club at home).

Tony, stick around man! You're clearly a major source of knowledge, and would be an excellent addition to the forum. Sorry for the suspicions which were raised: we've had quite a few, uh, 'situations' on here, and there really would be Hibs fans (Hibs are our rivals, you're right) sad enough to pretend to be someone they're not just to get a rise out of us.

But on behalf of us all, a warm welcome to Kickback! Here's hoping both you and Bouzid are here for a long time to come. :2thumbsup:

Forza Cuore

cheers Tone :2thumbsup:

You're welcome on here anytime...the "thanks" you got is better treatment than some Hearts fans get on here. :argue:

Frail saw him as a central midfielder though.Must admit though he was great in that position for the reserves.:2thumbsup:

Guess that takes any notion of Darren Barr out of the equation then.

Charles my boy - we needed another french speaker to keep Jose in company for wild nights out on the town and shopping sprees ;-)

Ismael Bouzid always had the langauge advantage :-)

tony - merci - bienvenue chez nous - a bientot et continuer a envoyer plus d'info sur Ismael Bouzid -

tony - merci - bienvenue chez nous - a bientot et continuer a envoyer plus d'info sur Ismael Bouzid -

De rien. Although I speak English much better than I do French. :2thumbsup:

scott_jambo

Sergey is mince at French.

Archived