Hearts sign Bouzid (merged)

JamboRossi79

Bighusref regained consciousness to the sight, sound and taste of rancid water dripping on his face. His first desire was to wipe the foulness away, but the shackles on his wrists ensured that it would remain unfulfilled. A hoarse cry escaped his lips, as his eyes adjusted to his squalid surroundings.

A cellar? No...a dungeon.

Bighusref's pulse began to race. The last thing he remembered was leaving his house to buy some Mr Brains Pork ******s (in sauce) from Spar, and had presumably lost consciousness soon after.

Lying on what must have been a rotting snooker table (the felt tickled his naked back and buttocks), he recalled a feeling of unease, shortly before the sweet, sickly embrace of the cloroform-soaked pair of y-fronts pressed over his face from behind. He had not caught a glimpse of his gaoler, and yet he knew.

He knew.

He struggled against his bonds. If he could maybe slip out of these chains...no; it was useless. Whoever had stolen, stripped and shackled him was obviously an expert. Bighusref shuddered as the inevitable became ever more evitable. He cried out; in frustration; in disgust; in fear.

He heard the cellar door open.

Bighusref froze; being unable to move made this task easy. He cursed himself silently for attracting his captor with his shouts, yet he knew that his captor was...attracted for reasons of his own.

Bighusref was not a religious man, but in those fateful seconds it took for the foul-smelling creature to move across the room - his podgy hands clasping something that Bighusref could not identify - he prayed to his god, a god, any god in the hope that, whatever was about to happen, it would be mercifully quick.

The pint slammed down beside Bighusref's petrified face, covering him in warm, stale beer.

He screamed the last scream he would ever scream.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Benoit

Acey you are one sick puppy bud! Dunno what it says about me tho i was chuckling all the way through reading it :2thumbsup:

mate i'll repeat once more i don't care where players come from as long as there good enough but i'd just like to see more scots! our manager has even said the same thing as did our owner in the recent past.

Yes lets get a load of good Scottish laddies in who's only aspirations and allegiances normally lie with either of the ugly sisters.

I wan't a team of guys who when asked about playing at ibrox and parkheid by chick dung say it's not that intimidating. i've played in worse places,ala Fysass and Skacel.

I want players in our team who are willing to say feck rangers and celtic and show no fear or respect when they go there.

Pete Seeger
agree with that but i'd also like to see more scottish players signed up aswell.

Why?

Looks like a cracking signing and fingers crossed the guy does the business. :2thumbsup:

Guest jambomickey
Why?

Looks like a cracking signing and fingers crossed the guy does the business. :2thumbsup:

i agree it loos a cracking signing and off course i hope all our signings are major successes.:2thumbsup:

Bighusref regained consciousness to the sight, sound and taste of rancid water dripping on his face. His first desire was to wipe the foulness away, but the shackles on his wrists ensured that it would remain unfulfilled. A hoarse cry escaped his lips, as his eyes adjusted to his squalid surroundings.

A cellar? No...a dungeon.

Bighusref's pulse began to race. The last thing he remembered was leaving his house to buy some Mr Brains Pork ******s (in sauce) from Spar, and had presumably lost consciousness soon after.

Lying on what must have been a rotting snooker table (the felt tickled his naked back and buttocks), he recalled a feeling of unease, shortly before the sweet, sickly embrace of the cloroform-soaked pair of y-fronts pressed over his face from behind. He had not caught a glimpse of his gaoler, and yet he knew.

He knew.

He struggled against his bonds. If he could maybe slip out of these chains...no; it was useless. Whoever had stolen, stripped and shackled him was obviously an expert. Bighusref shuddered as the inevitable became ever more evitable. He cried out; in frustration; in disgust; in fear.

He heard the cellar door open.

Bighusref froze; being unable to move made this task easy. He cursed himself silently for attracting his captor with his shouts, yet he knew that his captor was...attracted for reasons of his own.

Bighusref was not a religious man, but in those fateful seconds it took for the foul-smelling creature to move across the room - his podgy hands clasping something that Bighusref could not identify - he prayed to his god, a god, any god in the hope that, whatever was about to happen, it would be mercifully quick.

The pint slammed down beside Bighusref's petrified face, covering him in warm, stale beer.

He screamed the last scream he would ever scream.

Oh dear.

Pete Seeger
i agree it loos a cracking signing and off course i hope all our signings are major successes.:2thumbsup:

I wasn't questioning your loyalty Mickey. . . .

I just don't see why we should pay over the odds to get Scots into the squad.

Ryan Gosling
my thoughts also! the lads not very good at trying to be a smart azz.:smiley2:

I agree.

He's excellent.

Guest jambomickey
I wasn't questioning your loyalty Mickey. . . .

I just don't see why we should pay over the odds to get Scots into the squad.

i agree we shouldn't pay over the odds for any player! what i first posted was jumped on and taken totally the wrong way and then the wind up merchants started there usual nonsense.:rifle:

Thig Ar Latha
REPORTED

Far too many prople acting like PC Poofs on this thread taking offence at bog standard statements.

Truth be told, there's credability on both sides of this insignificent arguement. Yes there should be a strong Scottish element in a Scottish Team, but most of that will come through the inhouse system and (nowadays) most of the experienced signings will most likely be foreign.

I wish some of the kids on here would stop argueing about BULL S CRAP.

:qqb017:

Pete Seeger
Far too many prople acting like PC Poofs on this thread taking offence at bog standard statements.

Truth be told, there's credability on both sides of this insignificent arguement. Yes there should be a strong Scottish element in a Scottish Team, but most of that will come through the inhouse system and (nowadays) most of the experienced signings will most likely be foreign.

Why?

Thig Ar Latha
Why?

I think the answer to your answer comes immediately after the bit you highlighted?. :2thumbsup:

J.T.F.Robertson

Acey wasn't serious.

Ray Winstone

Homophobic comment IMO.

Reported.

Pete Seeger
I think the answer to your answer comes immediately after the bit you highlighted?. :2thumbsup:

That tells us there will be Scottish players coming through. My question is why is it important to have a strong Scottish core to the side? Would you be upset if the young lads coming through were foreign?

Thig Ar Latha
That tells us there will be Scottish players coming through. My question is why is it important to have a strong Scottish core to the side? Would you be upset if the young lads coming through were foreign?

I'm delighted to see so many good young players so close to making the breakthrough, regardless of race or creed. I would hope, and expect, to see as much local/ Scottish young talent coming through the system bedause I would worry for the future of the game, HMFC and all other Clubs if there was no Scottish Talent coming thriugh. And yes, I do realise not ALL our young players are Scottish.

Teams outside 'the big two' will always bring through Scottish youth players cos Celtic and Rangers have too much pressure (and not enough balls) to give youth a chance.

If hearts were top of the league after 30 games without playing any Scottish players I wouldn't be complaining...

First off, I'd like to thank the admin(s) for finally activating my account. I signed up on here yesterday right after Bouzid joined the club and I've been waiting ever since. I'm Algerian and have followed Ismael's career since he was still in the reserve side at Metz and featuring for the Algerian U23 team.

I read through this topic and it seems that many of you are happy with the signing. However, I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but there's a reason why he hasn't lasted very long at any club. Although he has great height and physique, he's quite slow to react to players and he's not exactly the greatest defender. He's shown glimpses of becoming a good player but makes way too many mistakes and is far too inconsistent to be counted on regulary. He started last season with ES Troyes (France Ligue 2) and started the first 7 games before the coach had enough and benched him. However, It seems like he's played quite well since moving to Turkey in January, from what I've been able to gather anyway. Hopefully he'll continue his good form with Hearts!

Personally, I hope he succeeds with the club .. I won't really count on it though.

Guest JamboRobbo
what i first posted was jumped on and taken totally the wrong way and then the wind up merchants started there usual nonsense.:rifle:

Mickey, just ignore them. We all know who they are, and they think they are smart asses, but they just show themselves up when they post ****e like that. Ignore them and they'll get bored and bother somebody else.

marvins ear
First off, I'd like to thank the admin(s) for finally activating my account. I signed up on here yesterday right after Bouzid joined the club and I've been waiting ever since. I'm Algerian and have followed Ismael's career since he was still in the reserve side at Metz and featuring for the Algerian U23 team.

I read through this topic and it seems that many of you are happy with the signing. However, I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but there's a reason why he hasn't lasted very long at any club. Although he has great height and physique, he's quite slow to react to players and he's not exactly the greatest defender. He's shown glimpses of becoming a good player but makes way too many mistakes and is far too inconsistent to be counted on regulary. He started last season with ES Troyes (France Ligue 2) and started the first 7 games before the coach had enough and benched him. However, It seems like he's played quite well since moving to Turkey in January, from what I've been able to gather anyway. Hopefully he'll continue his good form with Hearts!

Personally, I hope he succeeds with the club .. I won't really count on it though.

:emoticon_spam::hobofish:

shaun.lawson
I was thinking the same

He could just as easily be legit. Why not wait and see if his concerns prove well founded before assuming the worst about him?

Guest JamboRobbo
He could just as easily be legit. Why not wait and see if his concerns prove well founded before assuming the worst about him?

You're right Shaun, and "hobo-outing" is not something I'd normally get involved with, but something about that OP just seems really suspicious to me. If I'm wrong, I'll happily apologise to Mr Starks.

:laugh:

Okidoke.

:emoticon_spam::hobofish:

exactally. with the same reasoning we would have tabs on every reserve player in scotland just because they/we are scottish.

Algerian or not why would you give a toss about a 17 year old metz reserve player?

The hobos really are thick. I',m guessing they thought by having a quick look at his career on wiki it would appear more believable.

jog on.

shaun.lawson
You're right Shaun, and "hobo-outing" is not something I'd normally get involved with, but something about that OP just seems really suspicious to me. If I'm wrong, I'll happily apologise to Mr Starks.

Oh, you could well be right. But we can't go chasing away new posters from other parts of the world just because we're all paranoid (albeit, often with good reason!).

Welcome, Mr Starks! :2thumbsup: (For now, anyway...)

Tony, let's assume for the moment that you are NOT a hobo. Very difficult . . but an assumption.

If Bousid was the finished article, Hearts would not be signing him. We can't afford that sort of player. Basically good players with faults is where Csaba shines. He turned a bunch of no-hopers into a very strong unit last year. His coaching turned indifferent players into good (not great) ones.

I've not heard of Bousid so cannot comment one way or the other. But I do know how Csaba works and if he thinks Bousid is a prospect then that'll do me :10900:

Guest JamboRobbo
Oh, you could well be right. But we can't go chasing away new posters from other parts of the world just because we're all paranoid (albeit, often with good reason!).

Welcome, Mr Starks! :2thumbsup: (For now, anyway...)

Agreed Shaun. I shall await further developments. :10900:

We_are_the_Hearts

An Algerian called Tony Starks:th_o:. Can anyone confirm when Bouzid played for Metz and the Algeria U23s?

shaun.lawson
An Algerian called Tony Starks:th_o:. Can anyone confirm when Bouzid played for Metz and the Algeria U23s?

Well, you're not actually called We_are_the_Hearts either, of course! I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt unless or until the mods discover otherwise. He's right about Metz - but then, that info's freely available on Wiki. I have no clue how anyone would verify what he said about Algeria U23s - unless someone on here can read Arabic 100% than I can...

The reason why what he said rang potentially true with me is simple. Look at how many clubs Bouzid's been at in recent years. That hardly screams reliability. Fingers crossed Csaba gets the best out of him, just as he has with so many others already.

yes the lad has been at eight clubs in as many years - which is slightly interesting if not worrying - but the 'defendant hobo' could just as easily have seen the fact as a reason to start a WU.

i'm sure dex will be taking a keen interest in his I.P.

don't matter anyway, the place is crawling with them anyway.

Hackney Hearts

Tony Starks writes flawless English.

That may seem improbable for an Algerian -

but it certainly rules out the hobo theory.

marvins ear
Tony Starks writes flawless English.

That may seem improbable for an Algerian -

but it certainly rules out the hobo theory.

Fair point.

marshallschunkychicken

Just out of interest.....

Why would you follow the career of someone that you obviously think is pish?

I am amazed at the number of players we are signing. I had thought that there would be a slashing of the wage bill this summer, but we have already signed a lot of players.

I hope that they are all good players.:2thumbsup:

gorgie rd eh11

:stuart: Probably more useful for you to be googling falkirk players :stuart:

:stuart: Probably more useful for you to be googling crap falkirk players :stuart:

Fixed it for you :thumb:

I am amazed at the number of players we are signing. I had thought that there would be a slashing of the wage bill this summer, but we have already signed a lot of players.

I hope that they are all good players.:2thumbsup:

Kari, Robbie, Miko, Chesney, Tullberg, Bruno & Berra all gone - I'd say our wage bill has been slashed :2thumbsup:

Guest JamboRobbo

Sounds like Csaba sees Bouzid and Kucharski as our first choice centre halfs for next year.

Excellent news IMO.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-debut-for-Bouzid-.5448002.jp

Laszlo has already earmarked Bouzid for a central defensive role alongside another recent signing, Dawid Kucharski, when the SPL season begins in earnest. "The first choice at the moment is definitely Kucharski and Bouzid," he said.

Kari, Robbie, Miko, Chesney, Tullberg, Bruno & Berra all gone - I'd say our wage bill has been slashed :2thumbsup:

I didn't think that we would replace the players. eg Robbie to be replaced by Jason Thomson, Karipidis by Jonsson etc.

So with the signings the wage bill has been cut but not slashed. :10900:

Dr. Bapswent
Sounds like Csaba sees Bouzid and Kucharski as our first choice centre halfs for next year.

Excellent news IMO.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts-debut-for-Bouzid-.5448002.jp

Laszlo has already earmarked Bouzid for a central defensive role alongside another recent signing, Dawid Kucharski, when the SPL season begins in earnest. "The first choice at the moment is definitely Kucharski and Bouzid," he said.

Interesting, and would be welcomed.

But the quote is only a single line, and easily taken out of context.

For example, maybe he was asked about the lineup for the St Pauli game....and that was his reply, not the starting line up for the comming season.

I think its too early to know, but hopefully if they perform well, they will be first choice.

Archived