?11M monstrosity....

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Scottish Ballet = A Disgrace. Look at this ?11M monstrosity they've built on Glasgow's Southside. I have to pass this every day going to work. It's fecking disgusting. Malcolm Fraser architects are the winning designers, but Scottish Ballet with their pretensions towards culture and the aesthetic are the ones who have to shoulder responsibility for this blight on our landscape.

sballet_news2.jpg

"New premises will deliver inspirational cultural benefits for Scotland"

Aye, but no benefits for the people who have to look at this legoland dump on a daily basis. It looks even worse in person, if that's possible.

But people will complain about the money being spent on a cultural centre. If it had been built to an aesthetic as well as practical level it would have cost a hell of a lot more.

The People's Chimp
But people will complain about the money being spent on a cultural centre. If it had been built to an aesthetic as well as practical level it would have cost a hell of a lot more.

To be honest, I'm not bothered about the money, although the title of the thread etc will probably give off the opposite impression. The thing is howfing. I'm all for spending money on a cultural centre; just not building an absolute tip that'll be another blip on the landscape for years to come. Every day it winds me up.

They could at least have made the thing uniform/symmetrical. It has boxes here, gaps there...and yellow? WTF?

What does it look like from the front? Haven't been along PS Road in a while.

conn artist
Scottish Ballet = A Disgrace. Look at this ?11M monstrosity they've built on Glasgow's Southside. I have to pass this every day going to work. It's fecking disgusting. Malcolm Fraser architects are the winning designers, but Scottish Ballet with their pretensions towards culture and the aesthetic are the ones who have to shoulder responsibility for this blight on our landscape.

sballet_news2.jpg

"New premises will deliver inspirational cultural benefits for Scotland"

Aye, but no benefits for the people who have to look at this legoland dump on a daily basis. It looks even worse in person, if that's possible.

just take a differant route to work. sorted. :10900:

where is it anyway? i may take a wee spin out that way later on the bike.

Gokuzo_The_Jambo
11million holy cow! Looks like a bunch of cargo containers piled on top of each other.

Agree 100%... awful

The People's Chimp
just take a differant route to work. sorted. :10900:

where is it anyway? i may take a wee spin out that way later on the bike.

It's just on Pollokshaws road; they knocked down the bit of the tramway next to the church and that was on the roadfront and built the lego sh**heap on top.

Dean Winchester

Is it just me or going by the picture does it look like they're still working on it....?

Think the top half looks fine but the bottom half doesnt look finished.

It just looks out of place...other than that it looks like a cool building. Architecture always takes a while to grow on people. I think it would look better in a more central location surrounded by other buildings though.

Archived