TITP - Who got them?

Sexton Hardcastle

?350 final offer. ''Last year ticket scotland got another delivery on Saturday night it still had W/C on the Sunday even though it had 'sold out''''

I cannot believe how ticket ******* et al get away with ripping folk off.

?10 fee?

I don't go to T in the park as its not my type of music (well a lot of it anyway), but go to a European rock fest every year.

Last year the outlet for them in the UK charge us ?15 handling and mailing charge.

So the festival organisers this year let you book online direct, resulting in a ?1:50 handling charge and sent the tickets as a pdf file (or postage was going to be around ?2:00) which then cost you nothing.

If festival ticket sellers in other countries don't charge anything like ?10 how come it is ok for ours? They are absolute robbers!

As an aside, showing again the difference between here in the UK and Europe I'll tell you what happened when my ticket didn't arrive within 24 hours......

For some reason I was the only person I know that didn't get his ticket (I am going with about 20 mates)....however I e-mailed the festival web site, they replied apologising and gave me a direct fast number to the ticket agency.

I phoned and within a minute the problem was sorted and my ticket was in my inbox ready to print!

Could you imagine in this country phoning a ticket agency, speaking with someone who speaks good clear English (she spoke it better than I do...), who apologises whilst very quickly sorting out your problem?

I even got an e-mail the next day from the organisers asking if everything was sorted!

We are taken for mugs in this country!:mad:

Oh and well done to those who managed to get tickets, I hope you have a good one!

I cannot believe how ticket ******* et al get away with ripping folk off.

?10 fee?

I don't go to T in the park as its not my type of music (well a lot of it anyway), but go to a European rock fest every year.

Last year the outlet for them in the UK charge us ?15 handling and mailing charge.

So the festival organisers this year let you book online direct, resulting in a ?1:50 handling charge and sent the tickets as a pdf file (or postage was going to be around ?2:00) which then cost you nothing.

If festival ticket sellers in other countries don't charge anything like ?10 how come it is ok for ours? They are absolute robbers!

As an aside, showing again the difference between here in the UK and Europe I'll tell you what happened when my ticket didn't arrive within 24 hours......

For some reason I was the only person I know that didn't get his ticket (I am going with about 20 mates)....however I e-mailed the festival web site, they replied apologising and gave me a direct fast number to the ticket agency.

I phoned and within a minute the problem was sorted and my ticket was in my inbox ready to print!

Could you imagine in this country phoning a ticket agency, speaking with someone who speaks good clear English (she spoke it better than I do...), who apologises whilst very quickly sorting out your problem?

I even got an e-mail the next day from the organisers asking if everything was sorted!

We are taken for mugs in this country!:mad:

Oh and well done to those who managed to get tickets, I hope you have a good one!

Completely agree, I baulked at "service charge" that was levvied on the ticket price - PER TICKET!!

If it wasn't for the simple fact it was RATM playing, there is not a hope in hell I would be buying. The tickets work out at ?80 a pop for a single day - ludicrous. The face value of the ticket is sky high as it is. We're all just mugs I suppose.

I remember booking tickets for 2 Dream Theater (sorry American band....can't spell their name right....) shows in the UK a couple of years ago.

They were both Carling Academy shows, Manchester and London.

I booked them at the same time from the same person doing the transaction.

The tickets were ?19 a pop, a bargain for a band who were doing over 2 and a half hours a gig.So 2 tickets=?38 plus a wee fee.

Aye right. They charged me for 2 transaction fees at over ?5 a go, then charged me for 2 postal arrangements. I said..."hold on a minute....." I asked why they were not going to put both tickets in the same envelope? They were being done, ie printed of from the same printer at the same time by the same company. Nope they couldn't do that.

They sent both tickets...you have guesed it...in the same envelope first class post. They charged me nearly ?8 for postage.

The total cost of my tickets? ?56!

For a call that lasted at most 10 minutes they charged me what the band were charging for 1 bloody show which was lasting 2 and a half hours.

I e-mailed several times the boy that has got everyone asking the banks to give back their money that were wrongly taken in charges. Git never replied. I would LOVE to see someone take on these scammers. They are as bad as bloody touts in my mind.

They said it was sold out last year - yet I know folk who went up the next day and got them no problem.

Reading Festival always holds back a few thousand tickets to sell on the despite the fact that they always claim to be sold out.

Never managed to get tickets as I didn't log on until 9.10am.

There are some great bands at T in the Park this year so I'm really tempted to go down the EBay route or something similar at a later date.

I'm astonished at how the festival (and othe festivals) has both rocketed in price, yet also led to a scarcity of tickets. I went to the first T in the Park at Balado in 1997 and it cost about ?50 for the weekend with camping. Now it is over ?160 some ten years later. The capacity was also a lot less back then and yet you could get tickets almost up to the last week before the festival.

It is only in the last few years that in order to get a ticket you have to buy them as soon as they are released or else you have to go down the EBay route.

Never managed to get tickets as I didn't log on until 9.10am.

There are some great bands at T in the Park this year so I'm really tempted to go down the EBay route or something similar at a later date.

I'm astonished at how the festival (and othe festivals) has both rocketed in price, yet also led to a scarcity of tickets. I went to the first T in the Park at Balado in 1997 and it cost about ?50 for the weekend with camping. Now it is over ?160 some ten years later. The capacity was also a lot less back then and yet you could get tickets almost up to the last week before the festival.

It is only in the last few years that in order to get a ticket you have to buy them as soon as they are released or else you have to go down the EBay route.

agreed - its bloody annoying when you've been going fir years, you shoulkd get a loyalty card or something that gives you priority or something

Gavsy Van Gaverson
agreed - its bloody annoying when you've been going fir years, you shoulkd get a loyalty card or something that gives you priority or something

That would be the way to go. I went every year from 1997 - 2006 and couldn't go last year as I was on holiday. I was at a wedding on Friday and there was no way I was going to get up in time to get them.

Ebay for me, if I want to go.

That would be the way to go. I went every year from 1997 - 2006 and couldn't go last year as I was on holiday. I was at a wedding on Friday and there was no way I was going to get up in time to get them.

not just that, but as someone mentioned the price is astronomical these days - in total including spending money etc your looking at 300quid easy - you could go abroad for a week for that much ffs!

I went every year from 1997 to 2005. I've missed the last two years as I didn't fancy the line up in 2006 and neither did the majority of my friends, getting tickets for last year (like this year) was both extremely difficult and to be honest from about 2003 onwards I felt as if it was becoming too much of a ned fest.

I was keen to go last year and this year due to the line ups containing a lot of bands that I like.

I like the idea of a loyalty card but I can't see how it would work retrospectively. The only way I can really prove that I was there fron 1997-2005 is to show my tattered old tickets that I will have kept somewhere.

As I've bought tickets from the likes of Ripping Records, Tickets Scotland and online via ticketmaster then I don't think that my name will be on a T in the Park Database as someone who was a regular.

there will be a limited amount of returns and or fraudulent purchases avalable closer to the time also i have never seen a tintp where they were not plentifull tickets avalable on the day (seldom much over the asking price btw)

ps got mine ;);)

There are always at least 2 more batches of tickets released, usually around may/june mainly day tickets, just hold off from ebay and sign up for T in the park updates and you'll probably get one

Gavsy Van Gaverson
There are always at least 2 more batches of tickets released, usually around may/june mainly day tickets, just hold off from ebay and sign up for T in the park updates and you'll probably get one

Just got one weekend ticket with camping at Face Value of my younger brother :). Only need to get one more now.

Seriously, 2 camping for ?400 are available.

Why? Did you buy them just to sell them on? Seems strange that the day after they've been on sale and sold out you would suddenly realise that you can't make it.

Why? Did you buy them just to sell them on? Seems strange that the day after they've been on sale and sold out you would suddenly realise that you can't make it.

My cousin has them, trust me I have absolutely no interest in it. He paid ?370 (so he says) for them and then 2 mates pulled out so he's punting them.

I don't even know what the tickets are worth when you buy them.

My cousin has them, trust me I have absolutely no interest in it. He paid ?370 (so he says) for them and then 2 mates pulled out so he's punting them.

I don't even know what the tickets are worth when you buy them.

They're ?170 each all-in.

its amazing how many people realise they have plans just after tickets go on sale for these sorts of things. Damn bad luck....

I got mine last year but look likely to sell em.

I have been for the last 5 years on the trot but the ned/weegie/crap lineup factor looks to have settled it for me.

Archived