?3000 per week maximum wages now ?

CJGJ

I find it more interesting that Larry claims that he had numerous offers from other clubs before he was injured.

If they were that keen an injury wouldn't put them off too much unless it was a potential career ender.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Kingston-insists-he39s-happy-to.5399557.jp

Included in the article is the first indication of our new wage structure (prob not including bonus payments).

Also indicates larry on around ?9000 per week at present.

It would appear that some of this article has been taken from the Larry one, from Africa, posted on this very Forum in the last couple of days.

Well there is a suprise, not

Well done all concerned at the rag must be really hard work for you to come up with all this info. Bankers

No more draw bonuses or appearance money as well.

Good.

Lower wages + high win bonuses = a team determined to win.

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Kingston-insists-he39s-happy-to.5399557.jp

Included in the article is the first indication of our new wage structure (prob not including bonus payments).

Also indicates larry on around ?9000 per week at present.

I suspect this will be the case, and I am happy with this.

This is what we done in 86 under Mercer, a relatively low basic, with big add ons, which increased as our unbeaten run went on.

I suspect this will be the case, and I am happy with this.

This is what we done in 86 under Mercer, a relatively low basic, with big add ons, which increased as our unbeaten run went on.

I hope it's the case too.

A first team squad of 20 tops supplemented where required with promising youth players on much less, on a max of ?3k per week is a maximum of ?3.1m on salaries per year for that first team squad. Even chucking in a ?2m bonus pot halves the greatest excess of the Romanov reign.

We just need to get rid of the bloke earning 3 times that.

We should easily remain competitive in the SPL paying those wages. If we miss out on a few players wanting more than that, fine. Unless you do what we did under Burley and pay lots of guys big wages, then whether you are paying someone ?3k or ?7k you are still unlikely to win the league. The guys earning ?3k are likely to be younger and well motivated to get a move to earn more rather than going through the motions at Tynie because they know they are already 'over earning' in relation to their ability/commitment.

Good.

I ma sure I read this was a Vlad idea a couple of years ago.

I ma sure I read this was a Vlad idea a couple of years ago.

And it was a Mercer idea years before that.

Do people really believe that the EEN know what the Hearts wage budget is, yet alone that there is a cap of ?3k per week per player?

Can't really see it working like that in real life. Maybe at Hibs it works this way and the EEN just got confused?

Good.

Agreed.

Players should never be rewarded with draws at home to St Mirren or Falkirk.

Hearts in the past always had a good bonus payment scheme. Time to get that back. Hearts should be able to attract very good players for 3k per week, when you take into consideration that the likes of Lee Miller and Darren Barr etc who we've been linked with, and who would improve us alot will be on knowhere near 3k i reckon.

Hearts in the past always had a good bonus payment scheme. Time to get that back. Hearts should be able to attract very good players for 3k per week, when you take into consideration that the likes of Lee Miller and Darren Barr etc who we've been linked with, and who would improve us alot will be on knowhere near 3k i reckon.

Yup, I'd agree with that. Lee Miller won't be on a bad wage at the sheep mind, but not ?3k plus bonuses I wouldn't think.

I think the 86 team had a bonus structure that it doubled each time they won, so ?100 (or whatever it was) first win, ?200 next, ?400 next up to a limit. Then back down to ?100 when they lost. Nearly bankrupted us that year!!

I agree that draws at home shouldn't be rewarded but think a smallish bonus for away draws is maybe merited.

A ?3k cap should allow us to attract the players in that zone between the rest of the SPL and the 2 smellies, so should see us competing for 3rd at least, and hopefully giving the bigots something to think about

I would say however that a wage structure has to be flexible as some teams (Hibs these days, Man U a few years back) allow themselves to be strangled by it. Say Hartley wants ?4k, not a prob for me and shouldnt be for the players either as they should understand why he earns that

Archived