Oh look, Larry's out

Ryan Gosling

I have posted many times the stats with Larry in and out of the team this season...

However, just looked at it another way...

Our results rate with Larry in the team is win 53% draw 23% loss 23%

(it doesn't round exactly I know....but you get the rough idea!)

Throw that on to the current SPL table and it comes out at

13 wins...6 draws....6 losses....

Total of 45 points....or a couple of matches clear in third and facing a game tomorrow that would still give the media something to write about in the faint hope of a three way title challenge (if we were to win!)

OK,ok...not an exact science I know but it does make you think...!

Get fit soon wee man....we need you!!!!

Why has the original post been written in such a way as to suggest that there is something sinister about the fact that Larry is out against Celtic? It's well known he picked up a knock or two in the African Nations Cup. This is not a 'vladknock' so why the suspicion?

Would the OP prefer him to be thrown in against Celtic when not fully fit and risk further injury?

I can't wait for the wee guy to get back too, but I am willing to wait a game or two until he is fully ready to start.

Why has the original post been written in such a way as to suggest that there is something sinister about the fact that Larry is out against Celtic? It's well known he picked up a knock or two in the African Nations Cup. This is not a 'vladknock' so why the suspicion?

Would the OP prefer him to be thrown in against Celtic when not fully fit and risk further injury?

I can't wait for the wee guy to get back too, but I am willing to wait a game or two until he is fully ready to start.

Didn't pick up on that...I just read it a kind of shoulder shrug that something we all suspected would happen has...

I think we all had the same thoughts as Larry came off from the warm up the other week....when are we ever going to get him back?

Tobias....what say you sir?

Dont think he was suggesting VladFlu.

Think we all knew that Larry would be injured when he came back.

Such as our luck at the mo!

I find it interesting that he was out for about a month before the African Nations Cup, played every game of it and is now injured again now that he's back.

Maybe that's what he was picking up on.

Commander Harris
I find it interesting that he was out for about a month before the African Nations Cup, played every game of it and is now injured again now that he's back.

Maybe that's what he was picking up on.

but he got injured in warm up for the last game for Ghana and therefore couldn't play in that game.

was at riccarton today.

spoke to him about the african nations aswell he was a bit upset that they never won it but o well.

GOOD NEWS FOR US!!!!

EDUARD SCISSOR HANDS

RULED OUT FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS HE'S GETTING AN OPERATION SOME TIME NEXT WEEK I OVERHEARD A CONVERSATION WITH FRAIL AND MURRAY.

actually larry didn't play in EVERY game.

played in the first 2 group games and was booked in both so missed the last game.

didn't play in the 1/4 final.

injured in warm up b4 the SF & didn't play in 3/4 playoff.

nothing sinister but just our luck. :sad:

but he got injured in warm up for the last game for Ghana and therefore couldn't play in that game.

Fair enough, my mistake - didn't really pay much attention to the tournament. I knew that he'd got injured in the warmup of one game, but I thought that he still played a part.

I still think that it was quite strange how he was out for (roughly) a month for us, and was then fit to play for Ghana.

he looked pretty good, especially the first game.

his set pieces were all accurate and dangerous, something we've been sadly lacking of late. :)

Fair enough, my mistake - didn't really pay much attention to the tournament. I knew that he'd got injured in the warmup of one game, but I thought that he still played a part.

I still think that it was quite strange how he was out for (roughly) a month for us, and was then fit to play for Ghana.

Aye but he didn't play for another 2 weeks when he left originally.

Aye but he didn't play for another 2 weeks when he left originally.

He did, however, spend that two weeks telling everyone that he'd be fit to play.

It's not a massive issue for me, but he does seem more keen on Ghana than he does on Hearts.

i think he's showing pride in playing for his country.

that was certainly somethging i noticed watching the ACN; that players wanted to play for their country even the multi millionaires like drogba, eto'o and diarra.

there was passion and comittment. :)

I agree, and in a way you can't really blame him. As a professional, though, you'd hope to see him showing equal commitment to his club, which I'm not convinced is the case.

As I said, it's hardly a massive issue for me, this thread's really making it look like one.

To be fair, you can see why he would be motivated.

At the ACON in 2006, he was sent off and banned for 4 games, and ended up missing the World Cup because of it. Plus, with this one being held in Ghana and him wanting to experience something like that since he didn't get to play in the WC, I can see why he was like that.

I have posted many times the stats with Larry in and out of the team this season...

However, just looked at it another way...

Our results rate with Larry in the team is win 53% draw 23% loss 23%

(it doesn't round exactly I know....but you get the rough idea!)

Throw that on to the current SPL table and it comes out at

13 wins...6 draws....6 losses....

Total of 45 points....or a couple of matches clear in third and facing a game tomorrow that would still give the media something to write about in the faint hope of a three way title challenge (if we were to win!)

OK,ok...not an exact science I know but it does make you think...!

Get fit soon wee man....we need you!!!!

Was Larry not in the team that drew with Gretna (TWICE; In fact at Fir Park it was Larry that did the scoring for them), got humped 5-0 off Celtic, lost 4-1 to Dundee Utd and 3-1 to killie?????

Was Larry not in the team that drew with Gretna (TWICE; In fact at Fir Park it was Larry that did the scoring for them), got humped 5-0 off Celtic, lost 4-1 to Dundee Utd and 3-1 to killie?????

only the 1-1 draw wi gretna away*, none of the others.

played in the 3-1 defeat from utd.

* came on as a sub agaianst gretna @ home.

Taken off at half-time in the first, didn't play in the 2nd and 3rd.

To be fair, you can see why he would be motivated.

At the ACON in 2006, he was sent off and banned for 4 games, and ended up missing the World Cup because of it. Plus, with this one being held in Ghana and him wanting to experience something like that since he didn't get to play in the WC, I can see why he was like that.

It's totally understandable, but you'd hope to not see it from a professional.

From a Hearts point of view, it's disappointing ; from a human point of view, less so.

he was injured ffs

what part of that simple statement don't you understand?

Funny - fairly civilised discussion up to this point, knew that there'd be someone who'd come in and be pointlessly antagonistic soon enough.

He's been injured for the past few months - except for a small window of a couple of weeks which just happened to take in the entire African Cup of Nations. That's the point that I'm making, and the point that everyone except you has been able to discuss in a civilised fashion.

Graham Thomson

i said before he went away, he would get injured in the last game he played, shock horror, thats exactly what happened, dont expect him back much before the end of the season, it will be one niggling injury after another.........reason, we were always just a stop gap, he has no interest in playing for us...only my opinion of course...

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
i said before he went away, he would get injured in the last game he played, shock horror, thats exactly what happened, dont expect him back much before the end of the season, it will be one niggling injury after another.........reason, we were always just a stop gap, he has no interest in playing for us...only my opinion of course...

Mate, he missed his countries game so it's not as if he is faking the injury.

i said before he went away, he would get injured in the last game he played, shock horror, thats exactly what happened...

That's a bit like saying that you always find something in the last place you look for it.

Absolute pish. Only IMO of course. He wasted a chance to try and win a major tournament wi his country just so he could be injured for Hearts.

Idiot.

Graham Thomson
Absolute pish. Only IMO of course. He wasted a chance to try and win a major tournament wi his country just so he could be injured for Hearts.

Idiot.

i was not suggesting the injury was faked, i just saw it coming that was all, the point is, it will be interesting to see how long he is out injured for, i personally think he will take a wee holiday in Ghana for a few months, and by the way you'r not an idiot dont be to harsh on yourself.

singed Derek Acorah

Archived