London Accomodation

christhejambo

christhejambo

Ive got an interview in London at the beginning of March, and need to sort out some accomodation for 2 nights. My interview is in the Strand, but given the tube etc i really dont mind where it is, as long as its not a complete trek, and as cheap as possible. Prob looking at a b&b or travel inn sort of idea- anyone got any recommendations?

Fort Vallance

Corus on Hyde Park is a bid more expensive than a B & B. But not much more than a Travel Lodge if you can get a decent deal. It's pretty central and decent standard.

UnworthyPapaLazaru

The Strand Hotel is nice and not too expensive. Im going to hazzard a guess here and say it wont be too far away from the location of your interview. nice pub over the road from it too.

Narrative Arc

At the youth Hostel around the cormer from St Pauls cathedral (30seconds from the Strand) you'll get a room to yourself for about ?30.00

I P Knightley

Just a walk from the Strand and a straight run in from Heathrow (or King's X).

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/318/LondonCoventGarden

Stelios has a couple of hotels. Earl's Court is an easy run to the Strand on the tube:

http://info.easyhotel.com/gb/EarlsCourt.html

There are Premier Travel Inns at King's X and Hammersmith and the other one to check out is Ibis who have something at Euston or Earl's Court.

Depending on the time of day of your interview, it may be cheaper to stop at one of the further out places and get the tube into town.

Are the folk interviewing you not picking up the tab for your travel and accommodation? They might have a place they recommend where they get corporate rates. (

Edit: If the "interview" is at the High Court on the Strand, I can see that you might not get expenses ;)

christhejambo
Just a walk from the Strand and a straight run in from Heathrow (or King's X).

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/hotel/hotel_id/318/LondonCoventGarden

Stelios has a couple of hotels. Earl's Court is an easy run to the Strand on the tube:

http://info.easyhotel.com/gb/EarlsCourt.html

There are Premier Travel Inns at King's X and Hammersmith and the other one to check out is Ibis who have something at Euston or Earl's Court.

Depending on the time of day of your interview, it may be cheaper to stop at one of the further out places and get the tube into town.

Are the folk interviewing you not picking up the tab for your travel and accommodation? They might have a place they recommend where they get corporate rates. (

Edit: If the "interview" is at the High Court on the Strand, I can see that you might not get expenses ;)

Its an interview for a uni postgrad at King's College, rather than the High Court on this occassion. They say theyll pick up 50-80% of travel expenses for folk coming from further affield (whatever that means!), however i dont think that covers accomodation, as it would be feasible to do the trip from aberdeen in a single day.

You'll find that even Travelodge prices are huge in London so you wont find a ?53 a night deal there I'm afraid...

When I go to London I usually stay at St Giles Hotel, which is at the Tottenham Court Rd end of Oxford Street, I'm sure you'll get a single bed and breakfast for around ?70.

There's a premier Travel Inn next to the London Eye which is pretty close. Cost about ?120 just before Christmas. I've had rooms in the Strand Palace for about ?80 in the past, but suspect that was a discounted rate. Your best bet woudl be to try of few internet sites. I got an excellent deal on LondonTown.com just before Christmas.

Currently has good quality City Centre hotels for ?70 - ?100 per room plus VAT

Guest Tynie Bubbles

Charlie Hotel and the Five Kings both on Anson Road, Tufnell Park ,are cheap, clean and cheerful B&B's both about 5 mins from Tufnell Park tube station.

Archived