MGM Hotel - Las Vegas

Mrs Moncs

Went to the Eiffel Tower restaurant on Christmas day last year - top class gaff - souffles to die for as well!

Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for.

Christmas in Vegas? :confused:

Was it busy?

There are certain times to avoid Vegas, or for some people go because of these events. But Superbowl Weekend is expensive, The NCAA College Basketball March Madness weekends are also hectic, obviously big Boxing events and less so the World Series. A great fun weekend is the week of the AV Awards (http://www.avnawards.com) thats an interesting weekend with some interesting sights partuiculary if you are in the hotel where the event is. Talking of "adult" fun. The top class place has gotta be the Spearmint Rhino, less class but also a whole load less expensive and a lot of fun at happy hour is the "Crazy Horse Too " Not that I would know of course, a friend told me.

A cheap time may be the height of summer when its way too hot.

I would class Caesar's Palace and Flamingo/Imperial Palace as the middle? But that might just be me?

exactly what I was thinking!

I'm going for a week in May with a few mates. Staying at Caesars palace for 5 nights. Also taking on San Francisco for a few days and hitting yosemite national park.

I'm getting married in Las Vegas at the end of April. I've never been before so much of what's been posted has been useful. Thanks very much.

We've got a suite booked at TheHotel at Mandalay Bay for the week. Really looking forward to lounging around the pool mostly. I bought a Rough Guide and couldn't believe the choice and range of restaurants over there. A three star Michelin, a couple of two stars and 10 or twelve one star, all right next to each other. Pretty impressive.

I've heard the buffet at the MGM is one of the best. Can anyone confirm?

So the food is not all over priced :).

I really meant the ones in the main area the mexican is not really apart of that and is more a snack type place.You look at places like Shanghai Lilly and the prices are pretty dam dear.

I'm getting married in Las Vegas at the end of April. I've never been before so much of what's been posted has been useful. Thanks very much.

We've got a suite booked at TheHotel at Mandalay Bay for the week. Really looking forward to lounging around the pool mostly. I bought a Rough Guide and couldn't believe the choice and range of restaurants over there. A three star Michelin, a couple of two stars and 10 or twelve one star, all right next to each other. Pretty impressive.

I've heard the buffet at the MGM is one of the best. Can anyone confirm?

The Bellagio is the best rated buffet but i didn't think it was all that great.Planet Hollywood has a good buffet.The Champagne Brunch on a Sunday at Bally's is the best there is though you really won't believe the stuff there is to eat there and the amount of drink they give you(does not have to be champagne) all for $55

I really meant the ones in the main area the mexican is not really apart of that and is more a snack type place.You look at places like Shanghai Lilly and the prices are pretty dam dear.

You never really made that clear.

But obviously the Mandalay Bay main restaurants are going to be a tad expensive etc due to Mandalay Bay trying to be a hotel catering for a higher class customer etc than the ones going to say Imperial Palace etc.

The Bellagio is the best rated buffet but i didn't think it was all that great.Planet Hollywood has a good buffet.The Champagne Brunch on a Sunday at Bally's is the best there is though you really won't believe the stuff there is to eat there and the amount of drink they give you(does not have to be champagne) all for $55

Will you stop talking about Ballys buffet, I have to wait 'til May 4th before I can have the buffet. It is doing me no good having to think about it on a daily basis.:);)

What's Bally's like for food the rest of the week. We are only there from Monday - Friday, so won't be able to sample the Sunday brunch

What's Bally's like for food the rest of the week. We are only there from Monday - Friday, so won't be able to sample the Sunday brunch

Never been to there normal buffet.The place where the Champagne Brunch is usually there steakhouse Monday-Saturday

This place is brilliant food aswell http://www.mirage.com/dining/fine_dining_samba.aspx it's right next to the Revolution Bar that you have to got to also.Oh and make sure you take in a Cirque Du Soliel show i seen Love and it was brilliant but others will tell you to see one they seen bottom line is you have to go and see at least one of there shows if your in Vegas.Can't believe it took me 5 times of going to Vegas until i finally went to one.

Bonnie Prince Charlie
Are you not thinking of the hotel New York New York? They have a bar called Fado which is a chain of Irish style bars across here

You are correct sir.

Archived