Allan MacGregor

lauried

Can anyone confirm for me that Allan MacGregor was a Hearts supporter as a boy. Having an argument with a Ger's bigot at my work who claims the the bigots started with 7 Rangers fans on Wednesday night and counts MacGregor as one of them.

Drylaw Hearts
Can anyone confirm for me that Allan MacGregor was a Hearts supporter as a boy. Having an argument with a Ger's bigot at my work who claims the the bigots started with 7 Rangers fans on Wednesday night and counts MacGregor as one of them.

I'm pretty sure they started with 11 erseholes.

loveofthegame

Rangers starting line up was:

Macgregor, Broadfoot, Cuellar, Weir, Papac, Novo, Hemdani, Ferguson, Davis, Adam, McCulloch.

There were 7 Scots in that line up. So your erse workmate is basically being a typical Hun and assuming everybody from this country supports his team.

Macgregor def was a Jambo. Unsure about who Weir, Broadfoot and Adam supported, but i wouldnt guarantee they all supported Rangers

Macgregor, Broadfoot, Cuellar, Weir, Papac, Novo, Hemdani, Ferguson, Davis, Adam, McCulloch.

There were 7 Scots in that line up. So your erse workmate is basically being a typical Hun and assuming everybody from this country supports his team.

Macgregor def was a Jambo. Unsure about who Weir, Broadfoot and Adam supported, but i wouldnt guarantee they all supported Rangers

Had the misfortune of meeting Weir at Brockville when he was a Hearts player (Hearts were playing on the Sunday) and all he and his big tube of a mate could talk about was when Davie was going to play for the Gers.

Pair of Huns and a total let down for me and Tynie B that day!!

:mad:

Don't think so - is Davis not Irish?

loveofthegame
Had the misfortune of meeting Weir at Brockville when he was a Hearts player (Hearts were playing on the Sunday) and all he and his big tube of a mate could talk about was when Davie was going to play for the Gers.

Pair of Huns and a total let down for me and Tynie B that day!!

Fair enough mate the other 3 may well be. 6 supporters in your starting line up is pretty impressive, i just dont like the assumption the Currant buns fans make about ppl supporting their ****my side

loveofthegame
Don't think so - is Davis not Irish?

Northern Irish you're right. He is a 'Gers fan though.

Jeez my post is starting to look daft!

chester copperpot

I can confirm that Alan was a jambo before signing for Rangers at an early age. Went to see Alan a few times when he was on loan at Dunfermline with his old man.

His dad's a big Jambo too, but quite rightly follows Rangers when Alan plays for them, as his loyalties lie with his son.

Fair enough mate the other 3 may well be. 6 supporters in your starting line up is pretty impressive, i just dont like the assumption the Currant buns fans make about ppl supporting their ****my side

Too right mate.

Its just like when you tell either side of the forces of darkness that you are a Jambo they then proceed to ask you

"Aye but do you like Rangers or Celtic?" or "What school did you go to?"

They can't get it into their thick nutz that it is possible to hate both with a passion and it is possible to live your life without an association to the green or blue side.

Jeez makes my blood boil.

chester copperpot
Too right mate.

Its just like when you tell either side of the forces of darkness that you are a Jambo they then proceed to ask you

"Aye but do you like Rangers or Celtic?" or "What school did you go to?"

They can't get it into their thick nutz that it is possible to hate both with a passion and it is possible to live your life without an association to the green or blue side.

Jeez makes my blood boil.

Staying in Glasgow, I can vouch for that. The amount of Huns down my local that have asked 'Aye but you's support your cousins in the derby eh?'.

Errrm no actually you retarded weegie junkie, I support HMFC and all other teams can go fist their own arse before I support those lot.

Staying in Glasgow, I can vouch for that. The amount of Huns down my local that have asked 'Aye but you's support your cousins in the derby eh?'.

Errrm no actually you retarded weegie junkie, I support HMFC and all other teams can go fist their own arse before I support those lot.

:)

You're eloquence knows no limits, I salute you sir!

:)

The same thing used to happen all the time in England, when folk heard you were a Hearts fan they'd still ask 'do you prefer Celtic or Rangers' and be genuinely surprised if you answered 'neither.'

One of the more welcome side effects of the Romanov era is that we got so much publicity in England that doesn't happen nearly so much any more.

Can confirm he is. Used to be at Stenhouse Primary School with him in my class.

Footballers DON'T support teams FFS.

To them it's a job and they are out to make as much cash as they can before they retire. Sheesh - playing for the jersey stopped back in the 80's folks.

I'm pretty sure they started with 11 erseholes.

Drylaw Hearts - how do you figure that?

Did you not get biology at school???

loveofthegame

To them it's a job and they are out to make as much cash as they can before they retire. Sheesh - playing for the jersey stopped back in the 80's folks.

Oh yes they do.

Some stop supporting the team they did as a boy but many dont.

Im sure Gary Locke would say otherwise

loveofthegame
Im sure Gary Locke would say otherwise

Exactly. They may not play for the team they support, but that doesnt mean they dont support a team

For every Gary Locke there is a Lee Wallace, Scott Brown, Steven Pressley, Lee Wilkie, Steven Whittaker etc etc who all play for rival clubs from the one they alledgely support.

It's their job.

If Gary Locke was offered a contract at Rangers or Celtic he would take it. If Naismith or Boyd were offered a way out of Ibrox to Celtic they would take it. Remember Mo Johnston?

In your pulpit theres one ersehole thats for sure.

Out of order, IMO. I've met Colin and he's a top gent.

You're the guy that is McGregor's pal, aren't you? Plenty of us who don't know him don't think very highly of him for his behaviour on the pitch, once a Jambo or no.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Jambos having hun sympathies myself, if any happen to be leaning that way.

loveofthegame
For every Gary Locke there is a Lee Wallace, Scott Brown, Steven Pressley, Lee Wilkie, Steven Whittaker etc etc who all play for rival clubs from the one they alledgely support.

It's their job.

If Gary Locke was offered a contract at Rangers or Celtic he would take it. If Naismith or Boyd were offered a way out of Ibrox to Celtic they would take it. Remember Mo Johnston?

Yes but i didnt think that was your original point?!

I thought your point was that footballers didnt support clubs. They do, they just may not play for the said club

Celtic offered Killie GBP1.5m for Naismith and when he was told the news by JJ he said he doesn't want to go there as he wants to play for the huns instead.

It is true that when in England, they ask who do you prefer, green or blue ? Erm whatever result suits maroon best. Then I was asked, but if nothing was at steak for Hearts, then you'd say who cares. Some people wouldn't understand why you go all negative on them.

For every Gary Locke there is a Lee Wallace, Scott Brown, Steven Pressley, Lee Wilkie, Steven Whittaker etc etc who all play for rival clubs from the one they support.

It's their job.

who does whittaker alledgely support

Some players will stiil go back to supporting the team they grew up to like even after playing for rival teams.

I remember an older bloke called Jim Muir who took my Hearts scarf off me after a derby and went walk about the bowling club showing it off because it had an array of badges on it.

The guy played for Hibs in the fifties but to this day (and he made it quite clear) he has always been a Jam Tart through and through.

It was almost a statement of lifelong guilt when he went parading in the famous maroon and white that night!

Some players will stiil go back to supporting the team they grew up to like even after playing for rival teams.

Just to prove your point it might surprise a few on here, but none other than Freddie Glidden our beloved 1956 Cup winning captain actually wanted Motherwell to beat us recently in the cup as he supported them as a boy.

Out of his own mouth on HW.:sad:

The same thing used to happen all the time in England, when folk heard you were a Hearts fan they'd still ask 'do you prefer Celtic or Rangers' and be genuinely surprised if you answered 'neither.'

One of the more welcome side effects of the Romanov era is that we got so much publicity in England that doesn't happen nearly so much any more.

When i was in bulgaria on holiday when the locals asked where i was from , and i would say scotland , then they would ask ! aw who do you support rankers or smeltic , that would realy p&ss me off , you would think that there was no other team in scotland , and its not just bulgaria its all over

When i was in bulgaria on holiday when the locals asked where i was from , and i would say scotland , then they would ask ! aw who do you support rankers or smeltic , that would realy p&ss me off , you would think that there was no other team in scotland , and its not just bulgaria its all over

just tell them to "****** right off"

Just to prove your point it might surprise a few on here, but none other than Freddie Glidden our beloved 1956 Cup winning captain actually wanted Motherwell to beat us recently in the cup as he supported them as a boy.

Out of his own mouth on HW.:sad:

Undoubtedly, there are different scenarios. Like Robbo, you get players who have been at a club a long time and been worshipped that they change allegiance through time.

Glidden`s one is a surprise as he was part of a very successful period at Hearts, but i can also understand it.

It`s maybe easy as a fan to say this because we haven`t been in that environment, but i could see myself being like Glidden if i was lucky enough to be a pro footballer.

Again, i`m sure many players still support the team they grew up liking but i suppose many have a fondness for other teams they play for in their careers.

Especially if they have a good time at those clubs.

Undoubtedly, there are different scenarios. Like Robbo, you get players who have been at a club a long time and been worshipped that they change allegiance through time.

Glidden`s one is a surprise as he was part of a very successful period at Hearts, but i can also understand it.

It`s maybe easy as a fan to say this because we haven`t been in that environment, but i could see myself being like Glidden if i was lucky enough to be a pro footballer.

Again, i`m sure many players still support the team they grew up liking but i suppose many have a fondness for other teams they play for in their careers.

Especially if they have a good time at those clubs.

I just assumed all those years living in Broxburn had finally driven him insane.

Archived