• granton
    • pilton
    • drylaw
    • dumbiedykes
    • Clermiston
    • sighthhill
    • other (please state)

Guest jambomickey
One incident doesn't make a place 'rough' or generally a bad place to live.

Balerno is a picnic. Infact even compared to my neck of the woods I'd go as far as to say its quite posh.

our area is alright mate,:10900:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• Pasquale for King

• speedbump

• martoon

our area is alright mate,:10900:

Nah I love it! Even though I'm originally a gorgie boy I've spent my whole life out our way. Home is home.

once you get to know everyone, there is alot of good people. if you know how to take them.

I know plenty folk who think its the bronx out our way though.

Edited by Alan_R

Ah its no that bad!:10900:

Spent all my life in the Burdie/southhouse, gilmerton gracemount area. It has its bad parts but the folk in general are good people!

Some are complete shop fronts:10900:

Think you'll find it was more of a fight that got out of hand......

It certainly got pretty out of hand for the victim; kicked and stamped on by three folk until he was unconscious, and left lying in a garden until he died.

I guess their two years detention probably wasn't what they intended when it kicked off, either.

Dough Ball
Gracemount = rough as

****ing ****hole :rifle:

Anybody Know when the high flats are being demolished?

All 3 blocks will be knocked down towards the end of the year in a triple blast.

The Real Maroonblood
I was brought up next to the Fort down Leith way. I've lived in Clermiston,Stenhouse,Kirkgate House and now currently in Broomhouse. I can honestly say that the Fort was the most scariest of places out of the lot of them by a long way.

You must have done something really bad in your last life to endure a lifetime of purgatory by living in all these hell holes.

:rifle:

Carrick Knowe can get a bit rowdy.

But a suppose that was when about 40 Niddries came down for a go at the Cackie boys. :innocent:

oh hibees are gay

1-young team{under 16s}

2-state of housing

3-pubs{old team}

in my opinion you could turn 3 houses in a posh area into guest houses and you,ve got a rough area,,,i,e halfway hse/dss ers.This happened near hampden[queens pk].**** moved from the gallowgate etc ,,,,murder and mayhem commenced......

who,s got the wildest young team/troublesome boozers

Is Saughton mains considered part of Sighthill these days? That would be my joint nomination with Pilton.

Saughton Mains on par with Pilton? I'll have some of what you've been smoking.

alwaysthereinspirit

I always think the roughest area is determined by the local pub. If the locals wont drink in their own local :rifle: that usually means the surrounding area is pretty guff. JMO.

I don't think it's fair to lump all of Pilton together. West Pilton, Royston and Crewe/Boswall are vastly different places. West Pilton is a lot better than it used to be, Royston remains hellish and Crewe/Boswall has always been alright.

For the record I or one of my parents has lived in Crewe/Boswall, Tollcross, Fountainbridge, Polwarth, Shandon, Leith, South Queensferry, Danderhall, Parkhead and Gilmerton since I was born.

Parkhead was by far the worst out of that list. South Queensferry is probably the nicest, even though I really liked Polwarth.

My Dad was brought up at Hyvots Banik, now that was dodgy !!

joe.gausden
I don't think it's fair to lump all of Pilton together. West Pilton, Royston and Crewe/Boswall are vastly different places. West Pilton is a lot better than it used to be, Royston remains hellish and Crewe/Boswall has always been alright.

Agreed. I was brought up in East Pilton andnow stay in West Pilton and never had any bother.

I've changed my mind, I went for Niddrie but really the worst place i've been in is Broomhouse.

Broomhouse is not bad now it just looks like a hell hole.If they spent some money on the place it would be one of the better areas

What does rough really mean? I grew up in the Calders but it was always a decent enough place, but it had it`s fair dose of bams.

It wasn`t a sh it hole either. For a housing estate it always looked fairly well kept.

Hud the hardest Jam Tarts aswell:10900:

you should try perth it's as rough as a badgers arse.When i say rough i mean full of junkies and **** that dont work and wanna be wegies

you should try perth it's as rough as a badgers arse.When i say rough i mean full of junkies and **** that dont work and wanna be wegies

Confusing Perth with Dungdee surely?

What a load of rubbish. I am from Perth and it is nothing like that. I dont live there anymore but visit frequently.

However I do work in Niddrie, which is as rough as your badgers proverbial arse.

What a load of rubbish. I am from Perth and it is nothing like that. I dont live there anymore but visit frequently.

However I do work in Niddrie, which is as rough as your badgers proverbial arse.

you been up letham recently more drug dealers than druggies.muirton looks like dresden after the war.yeah some parts are nice ie western edge,cherrybank and craigie.I never noticed the junkies or neds for a while when i first moved to perth but when i moved from dunkeld road to letham i noticed how bad it was.

Junkies everywhere these days, one place is just as bad as the next, ****ing cowards that would stab there own grannies for a packet of fags.Everywhere you go theres the yellow skin bregade,its like living in an episode of the simpsons.

D.F.A

Bomber Harris' Best Mate
Clearly you havent been "home" for a while.

I'll give you Gracemount and parts of the Inch, but dont lump Gilmerton in with them. Its a very respectable area :10900:

Gilmerton ???????????????

Full of Irish Republican Terrrorist lovers !!!

Glamorgan Jambo
Saughton Mains on par with Pilton? I'll have some of what you've been smoking.

My memory is tainted by a spell as a co op shelf stacker in saughton Mains and a few 'lunches' in the Busy Bee. Has it undergone a 'Notting Hill' type transformation.

PS I read the only pub review on the Busy Bee which suggested not bothering to visit ..... a pity the internet wasn't around a few years back

grumpy rebus
This "honoury" fifer grew up slap bang next to Royston as I supsect you are aware of:10900:

Although I do live in a posh part of Fife:2thumbsup:

Does that mean you have 10 fingers/toes??

(I also live in your posh part of Fife and I'm an incomer)

QUOTE=grumpy rebus;1040012]Does that mean you have 10 fingers/toes??

Yes, but youngest was born over here, so we have no hope for him:10900:

Do you like life in the Bay? I think there nowhere better to bring up a family

gilmerton/moredun/gracemount all these areas were rough when i lived there :th_o:

Maybe that says more about you that the areas:10900:

you been up letham recently more drug dealers than druggies.muirton looks like dresden after the war.yeah some parts are nice ie western edge,cherrybank and craigie.I never noticed the junkies or neds for a while when i first moved to perth but when i moved from dunkeld road to letham i noticed how bad it was.

Yes I have, I was born in a house in Letham. Still visit there.

As for Muirton, it is being re generated with most of the tenements knocked down. My granny lived in Malvina Place for 3 years. But even at its worst about 15 years ago, it has nothing on Niddrie.

Yes I have, I was born in a house in Letham. Still visit there.

As for Muirton, it is being re generated with most of the tenements knocked down. My granny lived in Malvina Place for 3 years. But even at its worst about 15 years ago, it has nothing on Niddrie.

It depends what bit of letham newhouse road and balgowan road is junkieland.The area next to letham school is no too bad and as for muirton it is only a wee bit been done it is still a craphole.They are just putting the same people in the new houses.All you read about in the PA is druggie neds up court or sex offenders.

The Parkgrove/Barnton turning to go up Drum Brae was really rough.

Thats where i grew up.

Was like a warzone some nights :43:

grumpy rebus
QUOTE=grumpy rebus']Does that mean you have 10 fingers/toes??

Actually got the house on the market. The Bay's ok (Gala tomorrow, so bbq and beer!!)

Fancy moving up to Kinross/Milnathort.

Actually got the house on the market. The Bay's ok (Gala tomorrow, so bbq and beer!!)

I know who you are:10900::10900:

My memory is tainted by a spell as a co op shelf stacker in saughton Mains and a few 'lunches' in the Busy Bee. Has it undergone a 'Notting Hill' type transformation.

PS I read the only pub review on the Busy Bee which suggested not bothering to visit ..... a pity the internet wasn't around a few years back

Eh not quite undergone that kind of makeover and there is no doubt the BB is a ****ehole but you cannae even compare the two! To do so is insane!

camsanozziejambo2

you townies want to get out the city and see what the real world is

In Midlothian ie Niddrie v Woodburn or Drylaw v Mayfield or even Townies join up together V mental Bonnyrigg.

I know who my money would be on

Even nutters in Oz but I still back the out of city nutters any day

HOO ROO

Dusk_Till_Dawn
you townies want to get out the city and see what the real world is

In Midlothian ie Niddrie v Woodburn or Drylaw v Mayfield or even Townies join up together V mental Bonnyrigg.

I know who my money would be on

Even nutters in Oz but I still back the out of city nutters any day

HOO ROO

Don't know what the feck you're on about, but Bonnyrigg is a hole

grumpy rebus

I know who you are:10900::10900:

Likewise ....... I think!

Glamorgan Jambo
Eh not quite undergone that kind of makeover and there is no doubt the BB is a ****ehole but you cannae even compare the two! To do so is insane!

Fair enough Chebs my experience of the area is, to say the least, dated.

By the way here's the Busy Bees pub review (from 2008)

This Bar is really not worth the visit, unless you are keen on entering a pub which goes silent whenever a new face appears. In which case have fun, but be warned it has a reputation for have fights both male and female have been known to have taken place. It has also seen a few visits by the police. So in other words go somewhere else, and save yourself the hassle...You have been warned

• 11 years later...