It's looking like Thor

vegas-voss

Back page of the Star is saying that his club are desperate to keep him and have offered him a new bumper pay deal but talks are still ongoing behind the scene with Hearts.

Not sure about this. Seems to have a pretty mediocre record in British Football.

Still, got to be better than Peter Grunt.

We_are_the_Hearts

Has anyone done any research to find out what position his English teams were in when he joined and where they were when he left? How his teams play? Not really seen much on him to be honest?

Has anyone done any research to find out what position his English teams were in when he joined and where they were when he left? How his teams play? Not really seen much on him to be honest?

It has an article inside the Star about him and quotes from Siggi Jonnson who says he would be great for Hearts and is a rea tough nut who gets the best out of underachieving players.He goes on to speak about his time in England and says sometimes you have to look further than results to see what went wrong.

When he took over at Stoke, they were in what is now the 1st Division.

Finished 6th in the first season and 5th in the second but lost in play-off semi finals.

Finished 5th in the 3rd season and got promoted after a play-off win at The Millenium.

His contract was not renewed due to "untenable differences between the manager and the board". He was basically unhappy at receiving no financial backing, a common problem with Stoke managers who have suffered from unambitious boards for decades.

Anyway, his football was quite direct but did the job but then again, that could be more to do with the league they were playing in.

Fine Scottish Wine

His English managerial record.

Notts Co 17-05-2005 - 12-06-2006 P50 W13 D21 L16

Barnsley 30-06-2003 - 04-03-2004 P42 W14 D13 L15

Stoke 15-11-1999 - 15-05-2002 P154 W77 D38 L39

From Perth to Paisley

He's not actually got the job yet! And it's in that well known purveyor of the truth the Daily Star....

It's in another thread that the man himself has rubbished the report in Iceland.

ToadKiller Dog

i think he is one of a few that the club are talking to,but he is the only one that the media have found out about,Lopez seems to think that the club is not at the stage to offer anyone the job yet.

Hans von Luck

What do most of you expect ?

Vialli, Gullit, Scala,..................................................

Time for a reality check

Billy the Jambo
His English managerial record.

Notts Co 17-05-2005 - 12-06-2006 P50 W13 D21 L16

Barnsley 30-06-2003 - 04-03-2004 P42 W14 D13 L15

Stoke 15-11-1999 - 15-05-2002 P154 W77 D38 L39

Not a very good record is it

Not sure about this. Seems to have a pretty mediocre record in British Football.

Still, got to be better than Peter Grunt.

Mediocre would be talking him up.

This would be a typical hearts management signing... pure gash.

StrikersInstinct

Mr. Thordarson has totally denied this in Icelandic media and there is nothing else about it there. In a country where everybody knows everybody the media would have picked something up. Icelandic media were reporting the West Ham takeover 7 days before the British media picked it up.

This is a non starter.

Scotsman is reporting that Hearts don't even have a shortlist yet. This sounds plausible to me. Distract supporters with talk of new managers and stands until the transfer window shuts.

He's not actually got the job yet! And it's in that well known purveyor of the truth the Daily Star....

It's in another thread that the man himself has rubbished the report in Iceland.

Yeah yeah yeah it's in the Star but my one fear of that is they where first to break the story about Rix and we all said aye right then.

Yeah yeah yeah it's in the Star but my one fear of that is they where first to break the story about Rix and we all said aye right then.

The Rix scenario had crossed my mind. But I would be amazed if we had either a new manager or any of the rumoured transfer targets by the end of the month.

Not a very good record is it

All pesh clubs though.Levein's and JJ's were also crap but at decent clubs in England.

I wish the media would stop trying to kid on that they know about things that go on behind the scenes at Tynecastle.

They haven't got a ****ing clue and are just pulling any old crap out of their arse.

The Peter Grant story was a case in point.

I wish the media would stop trying to kid on that they know about things that go on behind the scenes at Tynecastle.

They haven't got a ****ing clue and are just pulling any old crap out of their arse.

The Peter Grant story was a case in point.

:clap::clap::clap:

His questions from Vlad will be:

1) Do you mind if I disagree with your team selections and I have the final say?

2) Will you play as many players possible that might make money in the transfer window?

3) Keep playing my lovely little boy Miko??

4) Take on 50 players I am sending over from Lithuania and sort out the best sending only 30 max back??

5) Would you accept that I will be making substitutions prior to kick-off??

These will be some of the questions and hopefully that will scare him away?! If not we have another puppet with the playing side getting nowhere for a good bit more at least!!:mad:

Mr. Thordarson has totally denied this in Icelandic media and there is nothing else about it there. In a country where everybody knows everybody the media would have picked something up. Icelandic media were reporting the West Ham takeover 7 days before the British media picked it up.

This is a non starter.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Mediocre would be talking him up.

This would be a typical hearts management signing... pure gash.

??

I take it you are including George Burley in your statement

His questions from Vlad will be:

1) Do you mind if I disagree with your team selections and I have the final say? No longer the case

2) Will you play as many players possible that might make money in the transfer window? Any previous examples?

3) Keep playing my lovely little boy Miko?? Might give you that one, although he HAS shown more glimpses in the last 2 games that he could again come good

4) Take on 50 players I am sending over from Lithuania and sort out the best sending only 30 max back?? When did that last happen? About 3 years ago or something? Thats an auld line to trot out aint it?

5) Would you accept that I will be making substitutions prior to kick-off?? See point 1

These will be some of the questions and hopefully that will scare him away?! If not we have another puppet with the playing side getting nowhere for a good bit more at least!!:mad:

Your post consists of some real old tired critisisms.

Have you not been to the last couple of games? there are (albeit tiny) signs of improvements, so why not get behind the club instead of trotting out all this crap?

Holy flickballs guys. Are we going to do this slagging off of potential Managers for every single name we hear in connection with the job? Seriously it's time to get real here, Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho are NOT going to come to Hearts.

We will be getting a bargain basement manager, if not Stevie Frail, so let's just prepare to be underwhelmed and stop ripping the pesh out of our potential new Manager before he has even met the fecking team. Anybody, as long as he's allowed to get on with the job, has got to be an improvement from a fax machine surely.

Ok, so this guy is not the BIG name we might all be hoping top get.

Or even the mediocre name that we know has ability, and has proven himself in the Championship.

Or even a name that most of us have heard of, and who knows what a football is.

BUT...

I think most of us would agree, that the problems we have are reasonably basic, and anyone with some degree of ability, knowledge and experience should be able to make great improvments at the club given the autonomy to do so.

I am begining to think this might not be such a bad option after all.

Consider this.

1. A big name manager who could take us far is not going to come near us right now.

2. Someone with the abiltiy/experience of Thor should be able to steady the ship and get us back on track. He might not be able to take us to the big time though.

3. In a season or two, if we are back on track, we will be in a better position to get a bigger named manager in, who can take us further. Thor, having done well, would have a better reputation and be able to move on with ease.

or

Thor does well and is acctually decent, become a hero and takes us far.

or worst of all.

he is mince and another Rix.

But i think this last option is unlikely considering his experience. He might not be brilliant, but I think its safe to assume he isnt clueless.

Ok, so this guy is not the BIG name we might all be hoping top get.

Or even the mediocre name that we know has ability, and has proven himself in the Championship.

Or even a name that most of us have heard of, and who knows what a football is.

BUT...

I think most of us would agree, that the problems we have are reasonably basic, and anyone with some degree of ability, knowledge and experience should be able to make great improvments at the club given the autonomy to do so.

I am begining to think this might not be such a bad option after all.

Consider this.

1. A big name manager who could take us far is not going to come near us right now.

2. Someone with the abiltiy/experience of Thor should be able to steady the ship and get us back on track. He might not be able to take us to the big time though.

3. In a season or two, if we are back on track, we will be in a better position to get a bigger named manager in, who can take us further. Thor, having done well, would have a better reputation and be able to move on with ease.

or

Thor does well and is acctually decent, become a hero and takes us far.

or worst of all.

he is mince and another Rix.

But i think this last option is unlikely considering his experience. He might not be brilliant, but I think its safe to assume he isnt clueless.

I agree with that.

remember George Burley?

people were underwhelmed when he arrived, because we were all thinking nevio scall ruud gullit bollox.

Thordisson has learnt his trade in the same league so maybe he has something.

but its still early stages if u believe the article in the hootsmon which says there isn't even a shortlist yet...........:)

Your post consists of some real old tired critisisms.

Have you not been to the last couple of games? there are (albeit tiny) signs of improvements, so why not get behind the club instead of trotting out all this crap?

Try being realistic and look at the position we are in because of his constant meddling?! After maybe promising a manager (hopefully not this Thor) that he would have a free role with all playing matters,how long would it be before he starts to poke his nose in again?? The man just can't help himself!

I haven't missed a game since Gretna (a) back in November and I can see a little difference in our fight in our last 2 games but we did throw it away again last week.I am behind the team but it is extremely hard to be total trustworthy when things are getting slightly better when all Vlad has to do is press a couple of buttons and disrupt the whole show again!

This Thord man is not being taken on for his good management skills.Nobody knows him and he'll get used by Vlad just like all the rest!!

remember George Burley?

people were underwhelmed when he arrived, because we were all thinking nevio scall ruud gullit bollox.

Thordisson has learnt his trade in the same league so maybe he has something.

but its still early stages if u believe the article in the hootsmon which says there isn't even a shortlist yet...........:)

Well i was never underwhelmed when Burley arrived at the time i thought it was an amazing appointment.Stock has fallen a bit now though and i don't think he is the best man for the Scotland job.

StrikersInstinct

Gudjon is not coming to Hearts thats 100% certain but here are two articles I bumped into recently about him. So you know about him. He nearly nearly made history with small time Iceland:

Part 1:

http://www.nottscounty-mad.co.uk/news/loadfeat.asp?cid=EDB4&id=223748

Part 2:

http://www.nottscounty-mad.co.uk/news/loadfeat.asp?cid=EDB4&id=223811

Gudjon is not coming to Hearts thats 100% certain but here are two articles I bumped into recently about him. So you know about him. He nearly nearly made history with small time Iceland:

Part 1:

http://www.nottscounty-mad.co.uk/news/loadfeat.asp?cid=EDB4&id=223748

Part 2:

http://www.nottscounty-mad.co.uk/news/loadfeat.asp?cid=EDB4&id=223811

How do you rate him as a manager.

He's that good that he's stuck back in Iceland with Ross jack!! I for one would be far from happy with this appointment if it did happen. Mind you if we do get quite a big name in then I'd be more dissapointed if things went t1ts up in the long run.My expectations of thord would be very minimal so if he at least got us back up the table and built a reliable side I'd be quite happy but we do need to move further on from that!

StrikersInstinct
How do you rate him as a manager.

He is the best ever Icelandic manager, that is no doubt. He took Iceland to nr 37 in the FIFA rankings from 111 or something like that. He has one everything in Icelandic football, earned Stoke City promotion, won them the Autowindscreen Cup as it was called I belief. He failed at Barnsley and Notts County. He himself has said he'll never work abroad again.

Here is quotes from todays Star.

General manager Thordar Godjonsson - the son of the jambos managerial target admitted.

"Gudjon is under contract here until 2009 and we're very keen to keep him here.He's a key figure at the club and very popular and this latest development is something which the board will discuss.We have been reading about this on the internet and now need to hear things in more detail.Already we are thinking about a contract extension and that will now be discussed in more detail.The next move will depend on what emerges from the meeting with the comitee at the club and the manager himsel."

Not being funny, but, unless it's a completely stinking appointment, would it not be a nice idea to give whoever's brought in a few games before crucifying the guy?

The Mighty Thor

Wait until they tumble it was just me firing in my CV for a laugh. :P

As for dexter's comments about being full of hot air. guilty, your honour.

i think he is one of a few that the club are talking to,but he is the only one that the media have found out about,Lopez seems to think that the club is not at the stage to offer anyone the job yet.

Vlad hasnt found anyone compatible with playing his selections yet. Given long enough he will

Wait until they tumble it was just me firing in my CV for a laugh. :P

As for dexter's comments about being full of hot air. guilty, your honour.

Don't pick Kurskis

Don't pick Mikoliunas

Don't pick Zaliukas

Don't pick Beniusis

Don't pick Elliot

Don't pick Neilson

Play players in their best positions, defenders are not midfielders, strikers are not right wingers etc.

Buy a 'keeper

Buy a right back

Buy a centre half (of the commanding variety)

Buy an attacking midfielder

Buy a pacy striker

Otherwise, we will have GTTF posts on here before long. ;)

The Mighty Thor
Don't pick Kurskis

Don't pick Mikoliunas

Don't pick Zaliukas

Don't pick Beniusis

Don't pick Elliot

Don't pick Neilson

Play players in their best positions, defenders are not midfielders, strikers are not right wingers etc.

Buy a 'keeper

Buy a right back

Buy a centre half (of the commanding variety)

Buy an attacking midfielder

Buy a pacy striker

Otherwise, we will have GTTF posts on here before long. ;)

I'm sure there's a few that would like to GTTF at the moment.

The first 6 wouldn't get picked as they wouldn't be here.

The rest is as plain as the nose on your face.

It's pish easy this management lark. :)

I'm sure there's a few that would like to GTTF at the moment.

The first 6 wouldn't get picked as they wouldn't be here.

The rest is as plain as the nose on your face.

It's pish easy this management lark. :)

You having a go at my nose you cheeky fecker! I will have you know it is a distinguishing feature and I have an unrivalled sense of smell you wee nosed so and so.

You having a go at my nose you cheeky fecker! I will have you know it is a distinguishing feature and I have an unrivalled sense of smell you wee nosed so and so.

An unrivalled smell more like....

Archived