Hearts Song(chords)

PUG_HMFC

Just out of curiosity has anyone ever worked them out? or know them?

Would be great to know how to play our beloved clubs song on the guitar.

cheers

Only a Game

cheers

Working out the notes is pretty easy. I tabbed it ages ago. I'll have a look for it. Cant work out strumming chords for it either.

If anyone knew the name of the original tune we might be able to find a chord tab for it though?

Suspect Device
Working out the notes is pretty easy. I tabbed it ages ago. I'll have a look for it. Cant work out strumming chords for it either.

If anyone knew the name of the original tune we might be able to find a chord tab for it though?

its a hymm called Blessed Assurance

crack on with the tabs, i'm trying to learn to play the guitar and this would be a fine song to learn first :2thumbsup:

its a hymm called Blessed Assurance

crack on with the tabs, i'm trying to learn to play the guitar and this would be a fine song to learn first :2thumbsup:

That is just the "this is my story" part. I think the rest is an old Irish folk song. I think it's called The Old Orange Flute. Though in deference to others it is also used for a few Irish songs from the other side of the fence :10900:

Suspect Device
That is just the "this is my story" part. I think the rest is an old Irish folk song. I think it's called The Old Orange Flute. Though in deference to others it is also used for a few Irish songs from the other side of the fence :10900:

yeah, your probably right, heard it on the jukebox when in Bairds Bar:clover: for a quick pint before going into the Barrowlands

quite a few chaps were looking at each other and mouthing "is that not the Hearts Song ?"

:10900:

Auld Reekin'

cheers

You can play it with just 3 chords - e.g. G D & C - I had typed out the first verse and chorus with the guitar chords above the lines when my session decided to feck-up and I lost the lot :43:, but it can be strummed just using these. No doubt there are more complex (and better) arrangements, but these ones will do the trick if you want to keep it simple...

To start you off ('cos I can't be ersed typing it all out again), it's G for the first line, only changing to D on "aye" in the second line, G again to start the third line off, changing to C on "footballing", back to G on "arts", then to D on "team", then to C on the second syllable of "compare", then back to G on "Hearts". Or something like that. You'll work it out...

Happy plucking.

:guitarist:

pringle if you could post that aswell that would be great

someone said it goes something like

| G / / | G / / | C / D | G / /|

| G / / | G / / | C / G | D / /|

| G / / | G / / | C / G | D / /|

| G / / | G / / | C / D | G / /|

but not had time to work it out yet

Well this is supposedly the original folk song which looks like the verse part http://www.folkinfo.org/songs/displaysong.php?songid=611 not sure if it is true but.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived